Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris has doubts about Freeman being a winner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: March 28, 2009, 08:28:09 PM

In an article that appears on the St.PeteTimes.com website, by Rick Stroud. It now appears that doubt might be creeping in, as Raheem Morris might be seconding guessing whether or not Josh Freeman is a winner or not, with a 14-18 career win - loss record at Kansas State. It would not seem by just glancing over the numbers that the over hyped Freeman is a clear cut winner, but of course there are many shades of gray when looking at a quarterbacks numbers, in this case his win - loss record.

Morris said. "He started probably Week 5 and had a big-time game over Oklahoma State, where he won a game. Had a big-time game against Texas where he helped us win that game. He was starting to come into his own when I left. All I know is he put up big-time numbers, not big-time win production and that's a major factor for a quarterback. Whenever you're drafting a quarterback, you want to make sure he's a winner."

Not so fast, there is not any scout or coach who can honestly think, that a  touchdown to interception ratio of 44-34 is big time numbers, when you consider he played in a conference that defensively leaked like a sieve.

So the question now becomes, does Morris think Freeman is a winner? From all the reports I have read about Freeman, they all have one thing in common in one form or fashion they draw the same conclusion and that is a sore spot or in this case a red flag as many draft analyst question his leadership skills and his ability to carry a team. Many feel he will need a far superior supporting cast surrounding him to succeed at the NFL level, which is not a ringing endorsement of him being a winner nor a player that can elevate the talent around him to greater heights.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 28, 2009, 08:35:33 PM

I DO NOT WANT HIM I'm saying it right now he is not that good all he has is his arm get some accuracy man I mean come on 34 picks is amazing it's just pathetic.
I'd be mad as H*ll if we picked him up let J.J start he had  threw 33 less picks then Freeman in his last year at SDS it's just sad start J.J!!!

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 28, 2009, 08:52:12 PM

I DO NOT WANT HIM I'm saying it right now he is not that good all he has is his arm get some accuracy man I mean come on 34 picks is amazing it's just pathetic.
I'd be mad as H*ll if we picked him up let J.J start he had  threw 33 less picks then Freeman in his last year at SDS it's just sad start J.J!!!
Wrong. Freeman threw a total of 24 career interceptions and his number of ints have decreased every year. Secondly, Matt Ryan threw 37 CAREER ints and how bad did he look for the Falcons last year?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#3 : March 28, 2009, 08:55:01 PM

Stroud doesn't tell us anything about how Morris feels.  He gave his opinion only.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#4 : March 28, 2009, 08:57:09 PM

and IF Morris was putting out doubts about him publicly it could very well be just a smokescreen.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 28, 2009, 09:09:07 PM

Maybe Morris isn't so bad after all.   I actually agree with him here.   Forget Freeman.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 28, 2009, 09:09:57 PM

There is no doubt that Harvin is a winner...*

*brought to you by the committee to elect Percy Harvin

Madman

Hall of Famer
#7 : March 28, 2009, 09:19:10 PM

I agree your QB and team leader NEEDS to be a winner. 

Top QBs can carry a team and almost will them to victory. If Freeman doesn't have that intangible then you need to pass IMO.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 28, 2009, 09:24:26 PM

Top QBs can carry a team and almost will them to victory.

Especially in college.  Has there ever been a losing college QB who went on to be a star in the NFL?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 28, 2009, 09:52:06 PM

Especially in college.  Has there ever been a losing college QB who went on to be a star in the NFL?
Jay Cutler says hi.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#10 : March 28, 2009, 09:55:53 PM

Jay Cutler says hi.

Anyone who watched Cutler play in college knows he absolutely carried Vandy.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 28, 2009, 10:05:03 PM

Especially in college. Has there ever been a losing college QB who went on to be a star in the NFL?

Most QB's that are in the NFL draft come from big schools. These big schools a lot of the time pray on weak opponents and schedules. Many teams QBs are surrounded by much more talent than others. There are many things that determine a winner and I think that it sometimes cannot accurately be judged prior to playing in the NFL.

cover-too

Starter

#12 : March 28, 2009, 10:34:48 PM

Wrong. Freeman threw a total of 24 career interceptions and his number of ints have decreased every year. Secondly, Matt Ryan threw 37 CAREER ints and how bad did he look for the Falcons last year?

Actually, I believe that Freeman did in fact have 34 career interceptions, and in fact his last year did have the fewest number.

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#13 : March 28, 2009, 10:55:00 PM

Just a dream but it could come true. JJ plays like he did in college.......Dexter Jackson turns out to be a better WR than he was KR.......And we draft Percy.... That sound so sweet.

Losing is not a option

#14 : March 28, 2009, 11:02:12 PM

Jay Cutler says hi.

Anyone who watched Cutler play in college knows he absolutely carried Vandy.

I'm not a freeman 'ho'... but for all intents and purposes - freeman carried his team too...

sayin'...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris has doubts about Freeman being a winner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools