Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris has doubts about Freeman being a winner « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : March 28, 2009, 11:40:11 PM

Top QBs can carry a team and almost will them to victory.

Especially in college. Has there ever been a losing college QB who went on to be a star in the NFL?
Jay Cutler says hi.

Anyone who watched Cutler play in college knows he absolutely carried Vandy.

I'm not a freeman 'ho'... but for all intents and purposes - freeman carried his team too...

sayin'...

His Sophomore season he had some help....Jordy Nelson was a second round pick from that offense at K -State

So to say he was helpless was just not accurate

Freeman is a INT machine and with the WR we are bringing into camp this season (if we dont draft one high) its not gonna be pretty no matter who is there.

We need either a solid QB who is seasoned enough to use what little targets we have...or draft some WR and pick from

the remaining list of FA to fill this roster with some depth and talent. You cannot go into camp with the sorry excuse for

WR we have draft a rookie QB and expect him to win thats just not fair

I think if Freeman would succeed he would need an offense who has decent WR and a solid running game

Our WR corps would be a challange for Tom Brady let alone Josh Freeman

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#16 : March 28, 2009, 11:43:53 PM

Good read on the drafts QB's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Amlm0mS3CufJhVuRz6aUhNpDubYF?slug=ys-qbcompletionpercentages032609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 28, 2009, 11:52:26 PM

The actual article is entitled "Tough talking Morris likes Freeman"

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/

#18 : March 28, 2009, 11:53:45 PM

Good read on the drafts QB's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Amlm0mS3CufJhVuRz6aUhNpDubYF?slug=ys-qbcompletionpercentages032609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What we Freeman doubters have been sayng for some time now

3. Josh Freeman, Kansas State (6-6, 248) (Completion percentage: 58.6 percent)
NFL scouts and officials are intrigued by Freeman’s elite size, arm strength and physical skill set. However, his subpar completion percentage is something I think will follow him throughout his NFL career. Freeman has never been a real accurate passer from the pocket and is slow to recognize coverage and anticipate throws. Those are three traits that don’t bode well for his overall development and should be red flags to teams interested in drafting him.

Summing up, with the consistent evolution of the passing game in the NFL, the quarterback is now being asked to play a bigger role. Therefore, with the success of more and more plays hinging on a quarterback’s decision making, accuracy and timing, it’s becoming paramount to find someone who can make the right decisions from the pocket and be effective in the face of pressure. Consequently, a quarterback’s completion percentage is a much better gauge in finding NFL-quality starters than simply evaluating a quarterback’s physical and athletic skill set.

Laugh at his pro day all you want....but I tell you Nate Davis is gonna be the steal of this draft. He has the cannon like Freeman...but he also can perform surgery on your secondary

And Bomar has a little trouble with consistancy but could easily be worked out....he is also worth a look

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 29, 2009, 12:36:31 AM

Morris needs to shut up and prepare his team without too much being said.  Being media friendly is not conducive to much, IMO, except media love...and who needs that crap anyway?

He is chirping.  Fine.  But he should really just close ranks, go Bellicheat and Gruden style, and just start cramming.  He has no time to figure this thing out.  I am pulling for him, but he needs to stay away from interviews.  At this point, I would be non-stop watching film, creating a focus, and on the prowl for a decent DT.

He CANNOT be satisfied with the DTs the Bucs have right now.  If he is, he is not a good coach already.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 29, 2009, 01:49:06 AM

I don't really know Boid.

I know this is off topic.

But Ryan Sims has more career production that than Colin Cole does and at this point I'd say Greg Peterson and Dre Moore are more NFL ready than any DT we're going to get in the first or third rounds.

I think we'll be O.K.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#21 : March 29, 2009, 02:58:23 AM

But Ryan Sims has more career production that than Colin Cole does and at this point I'd say Greg Peterson and Dre Moore are more NFL ready than any DT we're going to get in the first or third rounds.

I think we'll be O.K.
+1

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 29, 2009, 02:59:39 AM

I think we'll be O.K.

Everybody forgets that Ryan Sims was a 1st round draft pick. If he was coming out of school this year, everybody on this board would be goo goo ga ga over him. He has never really been in a system that suits his style. Hopefully, Bates system does.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 29, 2009, 08:39:26 AM

SunnyD,

Tend to agree with you about Peterson.  Am from Missouri when it comes to Moore.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MBF

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 29, 2009, 08:46:18 AM

I think we'll be O.K.
I'm sorry but that is one sorry group of tackles and it would criminal to begin the season with just them.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 29, 2009, 09:46:42 AM

I'm far from being in Freeman's fan club, but people are making a big deal out of his interceptions when they shouldn't. The only year he was really careless with the ball was his true freshman season, and most quarterbacks don't start as true freshman, so he shouldn't be penalized for that. His sophomore year he threw 11 INT's in 499 pass attempts and his junior year 8 INT's in 392 attempts, well within reason. Same with Satfford. His only bad season was as a true freshman. Mark Sanchez didn't even play until he was a redshirt junior. What's everyone think he would have done as a true freshman?

Oh yeah John Elway's Stanford team went 20-23 while he was there.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 29, 2009, 10:23:50 PM

Morris needs to shut up and prepare his team without too much being said.  Being media friendly is not conducive to much, IMO, except media love...and who needs that crap anyway?

He is chirping.  Fine.  But he should really just close ranks, go Bellicheat and Gruden style, and just start cramming.  He has no time to figure this thing out.  I am pulling for him, but he needs to stay away from interviews.  At this point, I would be non-stop watching film, creating a focus, and on the prowl for a decent DT.

He CANNOT be satisfied with the DTs the Bucs have right now.  If he is, he is not a good coach already.

As if he doesn't already have it figured out... ;D

Man...lately our posters have been putting the A$$ in Assumptions.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#27 : March 29, 2009, 10:58:17 PM

It's the media who basically ran Gruden out of town.  To say they(the media) have no affect is...well, naive, to say the least.  I think McKay was one extreme and Gruden, the other.  Hopefully Morris can find somehwere in between, yes preferably closer to the Gruden side, but still, have to give a little, IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : March 29, 2009, 11:01:59 PM

It's the media who basically ran Gruden out of town. To say they(the media) have no affect is...well, naive, to say the least. I think McKay was one extreme and Gruden, the other. Hopefully Morris can find somehwere in between, yes preferably closer to the Gruden side, but still, have to give a little, IMO.
Exactly.

Lately some posters fail to see the vantage of solid perspectives, and that is the true azz in this matter.

(You know who you are).

bucsense

Practice Squad

#29 : March 29, 2009, 11:08:01 PM

Top QBs can carry a team and almost will them to victory.

Especially in college. Has there ever been a losing college QB who went on to be a star in the NFL?

How many winning college QBs went on to be a bust in the NFL?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris has doubts about Freeman being a winner « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools