Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to make too much of the overthrown passes but « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

K-Swiss

Starter

« : October 15, 2006, 08:38:30 PM »

Does anyone think that Grads can benefit from a receiver the size of Stovall? 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #1 : October 15, 2006, 08:40:03 PM »

I just got done posting this in Dan Turks post.

I am glad I wasn't the only one noticing how close to three or four picks he was.  He looked Bush League on some of those passes today.

Glad he scrambled, but man....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 15, 2006, 08:40:57 PM »

I think he was hyped because it was his first home game as the starter. He'll get it down. The guy didn't throw over 70% complete two years in a row because he lacked accuracy. Oh, and golden boy Carson Palmer had three picks dropped by Bucs defenders as well.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 15, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »

I was thinking the same thing, but a guy 10 feet tall might of had problems grabing some of those.  I think they just simply put too much out there for him [playbook wise] and his head was spinning.  Didn't see alot of calls to help him calm down untill the 4th QTR.

calicojack

Starter
« #4 : October 15, 2006, 08:43:38 PM »

I wasn't really sure if his receivers were going all out at first.  Later, it was more obvious he wasn't very accurate when going for more than twenty yards.

The Dream Team

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #5 : October 15, 2006, 08:45:52 PM »

well we dont need that **CENSORED** next week, the eagals will be unforgiving

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 15, 2006, 08:47:43 PM »

Actually, there were two passes where the WR seemed to give up on the route. One was Clayton, the other I can't recall who it was, but in my section we were talking about how the receiver seemed to let up rather than run the route full out to the end. In fact, listening to the radio in the stands, Gene and Hardy commented on how if Clayton had stayed with it he could have made the reception on the one we were talking about.

So yeah, he was off, but there were at least of couple of times where the WR gave up on their route, it appeared.

K-Swiss

Starter

« #7 : October 15, 2006, 08:48:45 PM »

I agree that the home crowd may have had him too amped :o, but he has another home game next week that he can show some more improvement 8).  I'm happy that he was drafted, and as mentioned, his accuracy should come back sooner rather than later.  Receptions to seven different receivers, great promise....

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #8 : October 15, 2006, 08:49:03 PM »

I think he was hyped because it was his first home game as the starter. He'll get it down. The guy didn't throw over 70% complete two years in a row because he lacked accuracy. Oh, and golden boy Carson Palmer had three picks dropped by Bucs defenders as well.

Not the best performance by Grads.  Period.

Make some excuses if you must, but I aint sold yet.

Thank God the defense showed up today.  The run defense.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 15, 2006, 08:54:17 PM »

I am.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 15, 2006, 08:54:40 PM »

Not the best performance by Grads.  Period.

Make some excuses if you must, but I aint sold yet.

Thank God the defense showed up today.  The run defense.

Well, people were very quick to make excuses for Simms, a guy who has been around this league for a long enough time to not need so many excuses. Grads was starting his first home game, ever. On top of that, he led the team to a late win, and should have won last week as well if not for the lousy punt stupidity against the Saints that rivaled the idiocy of punting the ball directly to Rossum in GB during the Dungy era.

I'm sold on Grads and the Bucs organization is more sold on him than they ever were on Simms. In any case, a rookie deserves a few excuses, so long as he learns from his mistakes which seemed to be a shortcoming of the previous starter.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #11 : October 15, 2006, 08:55:36 PM »

Boid, its his second game....OF HIS NFL CAREER.

Look at guys who've been in the league for a few years...Kyle Boller (1st round pick)...Andrew Walter even Rothlisberger. They've been terrible. This is the guy's second game.

Yes, the long ball was off...but think about it...how many times did Grads play with Joey and MC-80 in the pre-season? If you said NONE, you'd be right. The timing is just not there yet on the deep ball...but give it time.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #12 : October 15, 2006, 09:02:11 PM »

Boid, its his second game....OF HIS NFL CAREER.

Look at guys who've been in the league for a few years...Kyle Boller (1st round pick)...Andrew Walter even Rothlisberger. They've been terrible. This is the guy's second game.

Yes, the long ball was off...but think about it...how many times did Grads play with Joey and MC-80 in the pre-season? If you said NONE, you'd be right. The timing is just not there yet on the deep ball...but give it time.

Don't get it wrong fellows.

The knock on Grads is the lack of deep range.  And today it showed clear as day.  He was a few picks off from having a horrendous performance.  One more pick could have cost the Bucs.  He didn't show any touch on the mid range passes, he floated them out there for anyone to grab.  Didn't impress me is all I am saying.  I was more impressed by the run blocking, and the defense than anything else.

Grads reminded me of a more mobile Shaun King out there.  Not much of an arm.

jandjen

Starter
« #13 : October 15, 2006, 09:06:46 PM »

Things will come together. He needs more playing time. He has shown improvement and has done a decent job since taking over. He only has two starts and because of this I will not bash his mistakes, but I also am not ready to declare him the future. He needs more time.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #14 : October 15, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »

Things will come together. He needs more playing time. He has shown improvement and has done a decent job since taking over. He only has two starts and because of this I will not bash his mistakes, but I also am not ready to declare him the future. He needs more time.

I wasn't around these parts when King ws QBing, but I hope this could not be interpreted as the same post.

I hope Grads does come through, but c'mon.  Stop championing this guy.

The defense played lights out, the run game was there.  Grads moved the ball well enough, but he was a "manager".  He wasn't making me think the next Gannon is in Tampa.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to make too much of the overthrown passes but « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools