Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to make too much of the overthrown passes but « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #15 : October 15, 2006, 09:11:58 PM »

Boid, I repeat for your benefit. IT WAS THE SECOND GAME OF HIS FRICKIN CAREER. WTF do you expect from a rookie?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #16 : October 15, 2006, 09:12:54 PM »

Please stop, Jason! Boid does NOT want people championing Gradkowski on this forum. Please adhere to Boid's rules.

simms22

Second String

« #17 : October 15, 2006, 09:17:36 PM »

Boid, I repeat for your benefit. IT WAS THE SECOND GAME OF HIS FRICKIN CAREER. WTF do you expect from a rookie?
as a rookie he looking pretty good but could of easily been picked off several times and missed open receivers(as gannon pointed out). All i think boid is saying is while grads showed some good things he has alot of improving to do and wasnt that impressive. Our defense gave us good field position all day, and each of our td scoring drives were relatively short drives, so props to grads but he got some significant help.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 15, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »

Our defense gave us good field position all day, and each of our td scoring drives were relatively short drives

Yeah, I guess an 11-play 80 net yards TD drive and a 9-play 54 net yard TD drives are among the short ones.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 15, 2006, 09:24:34 PM »

Please stop, Jason! Boid does NOT want people championing Gradkowski on this forum. Please adhere to Boid's rules.

Sounds awfully similar to what you sound like when talking about Simms.  Don't it?

And Jason, I agree.  Nothing I have posted in the other threads says Grads sucks.  Nothing.

I can't help it if I point out that his arm looked ragged, his medium passes looked like beachballs floating out there...

But then, those are what the PROs say about him as well.  Those are his knocks.  I didn't say he couldn't run.  Or he didn't make poor reads.  Or he got his passes batted around.

I said he looked awfully bad on the mid to deep "bombs".  And he is lucky to not have had a few of them INTed.  And then what would we all be saying?

Oh yeah, DTG would be saying he looked like Simms.  But not the Simms of last year who guided the Bucs to the playoffs, and had the best comeback ever in Bucs history.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #20 : October 15, 2006, 09:25:32 PM »

Sounds awfully similar to what you sound like when talking about Simms.  Don't it?

Ummm, no.

simms22

Second String

« #21 : October 15, 2006, 09:26:16 PM »

Yeah, I guess an 11-play 80 net yards TD drive and a 9-play 54 net yard TD drives are among the short ones.
uh for how many yards did cadillac run for on the 54 yard drive? not to mention the fact that we couldnt get points in a drive that started in their territory.... boid is pointing out the pros and cons of grads today and some people just cant except it. No one is saying he sucks or cant be the future here just saying he showed some weaknesses today, and thats a fact.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #22 : October 15, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »

Ummm, no.

Oh that is right.  YOU are the one who says Simms is the man!

(SHEESH)

Like I said, get off the horse known as Gradkowski.  He came in fourth in this win.

The first being the defense.

The second being the run game. (Blocking inclusive)

The third being his O-line pass blocking (something the Bucs line did well today)

ANd finally Grads managing the game well enough to not lose it.  Although some of his ducks he quacked out there looked like game changers...good thing the Dbacks decided they couldn't catch today.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #23 : October 15, 2006, 09:28:47 PM »

uh for how many yards did cadillac run for on the 54 yard drive? not to mention the fact that we couldnt get points in a drive that started in their territory.... boid is pointing out the pros and cons of grads today and some people just cant except it. No one is saying he sucks or cant be the future here just saying he showed some weaknesses today, and thats a fact.

Of course he did. That's what happens when rookies start at QB. However, I was addressing your erroneous comment that the TD drives were relatively short ones. Simply not true.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #24 : October 15, 2006, 09:29:16 PM »

Thank you.

Thank you for being able to not be a Gradkowski homer.

That is EXACTLY what I am saying.

Good job defense!!

simms22

Second String

« #25 : October 15, 2006, 09:32:05 PM »

Of course he did. That's what happens when rookies start at QB. However, I was addressing your erroneous comment that the TD drives were relatively short ones. Simply not true.
54 yards is relatively short, especially when most of the yards were from cadillac. Grads led us on a nice 80 yard drive although a few penalties saved us a couple of times. All im saying is he played somewhat well but we definitely left points out on the field. Gannon said it a couple times when grads missed wrs that ended drives, so if you dont believe me then believe him.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #26 : October 15, 2006, 09:33:08 PM »

Oh that is right.  YOU are the one who says Simms is the man!

Red herring. Naturally.

Like I said, get off the horse known as Gradkowski.

Sorry, I happen to support the youngster, whether that sits well with you or not. I know it bothers you when people in the forum express their support of anyone who ISN'T Chris Simms, but that's something you're going to have to learn to live with. He has more support among the team, and he's gaining support among the fans as well. So it will only get tougher as time goes on.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #27 : October 15, 2006, 09:33:50 PM »

I approve of this message!

simms22

Second String

« #28 : October 15, 2006, 09:36:02 PM »

Red herring. Naturally.

Sorry, I happen to support the youngster, whether that sits well with you or not. I know it bothers you when people in the forum express their support of anyone who ISN'T Chris Simms, but that's something you're going to have to learn to live with. He has more support among the team, and he's gaining support among the fans as well. So it will only get tougher as time goes on.
i cant speak for boid but i think all of us support grads and want him to do well, but being critical of his play is not being unsupportive.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #29 : October 15, 2006, 09:34:18 PM »

Grads managed a gme well.  That is all.

Kudos should be directed elsewhere.

And trust me, that is all I expected out of the rook.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Not to make too much of the overthrown passes but « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools