Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: News and Notes (Plummer, Schaub, Steinbach) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 28, 2007, 01:01:52 PM

that's only spot duty keeponbucn. the hillarious thing about Schaub is people on this board have been mentioning him for 2 years now, when he's never played more then garbage time. Its not as if he stepped in like Garcia in Philly and led ATL to several victories while Vick was hurt for a prolonged period. Hell, has he even started a single game for Atlanta? Its hilarious, like when people were comparing Brackins to Moss and people were calling Razzano the Razzmanian devil. Why? Based on what? People will latch onto a name and squeeze all they can out of it.

what he said!

lol

#16 : January 28, 2007, 02:35:51 PM

schaub is severely OVER-RATED!  What has he done in the NFL to make so many posters here want him so bad?

I've been wondering the same thing myself.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 28, 2007, 02:54:43 PM

You all have your opinions, I have mine. Schaub has the potential to be a very good starting QB in this league. Would I "mortgage the future" for him, hell no, but if you haven't seen him play then reserve judgment. I would hope a 7 year QB has a better completion % than Schaub. His mechanics are on point, has very good pocket presence, throws a nice ball, and lit up the NE defense last year. There's a reason other teams are trying to grab him but ya'll think what you want to think, it's all good.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#18 : January 28, 2007, 03:57:59 PM

I agree. Shaub has potential. The potential to be the next Peyton Manning? No. But the potential to be a solid starting QB for a team someday.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 28, 2007, 04:44:00 PM

Mark Eckel of the Trenton Times says he "wouldn't be surprised" if the Packers go after Matt Schaub if Brett Favre retires.

Anyone else find it funny/ironic how Favre was a backup QB in ATL before the Packers picked him up?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 28, 2007, 05:57:39 PM

schaub is severely OVER-RATED! What has he done in the NFL to make so many posters here want him so bad?
that's only spot duty keeponbucn. the hillarious thing about Schaub is people on this board have been mentioning him for 2 years now, when he's never played more then garbage time. Its not as if he stepped in like Garcia in Philly and led ATL to several victories while Vick was hurt for a prolonged period. Hell, has he even started a single game for Atlanta? Its hilarious, like when people were comparing Brackins to Moss and people were calling Razzano the Razzmanian devil. Why? Based on what? People will latch onto a name and squeeze all they can out of it.
Because he pancaked 300 lb. D-linemen in 2 preseason games. ...and made Zach Thomas look like a paper bag when he blew him up and knocked him on his ass for 6 yards.

And Derek Watson ripped off some nice preseason runs too in 2005.  but what's he up to these days??? gimme a break man. 

#21 : January 28, 2007, 06:05:13 PM

schaub is severely OVER-RATED! What has he done in the NFL to make so many posters here want him so bad?
Because he pancaked 300 lb. D-linemen in 2 preseason games. ...and made Zach Thomas look like a paper bag when he blew him up and knocked him on his ass for 6 yards.

And Derek Watson ripped off some nice preseason runs too in 2005. but what's he up to these days??? gimme a break man.
He wasn't hyping up Razz he was telling why.....em told us why Watson was the next Payton.

#22 : January 28, 2007, 06:09:03 PM

Schaub is Rob Johnson part two in the making.

Or maybe he's Jay Cutler part 2. Or maybe he's Ben Roethlisberger part 2. Philip Rivers part 2.

People havent been pimping Schaub because of the New England game. I don't even remember what game that was. Schaub has all the tools, and ever since about 1 full year into the league most people in league circles knew he was a steal in round 3 and was also in an offense where he would NEVER get a shot at competing for the starting job. Ask Gruden what he thinks of Schaub. He thinks very highly  of him, and he should. He fits Grudens system to a tee, he showed his abilities in this system in college.

Of course any player 'could' be Rob JOhnson, or 'could' be anyone until they 'are' someone. Vince YOung couldve been Akili Smith last year if you talked to a lot of people, but maybe now those same people call him Steve Young or Steve McNair.

btw, Eric Steinbach is from a town about 35 miles outside of Chicago (think Hudson to Tampa) and it makes A LOT of sense for him to go to Da Bears if the Bengals dont resign him

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 28, 2007, 07:05:56 PM

Mark Eckel of the Trenton Times says he "wouldn't be surprised" if the Packers go after Matt Schaub if Brett Favre retires.

Anyone else find it funny/ironic how Favre was a backup QB in ATL before the Packers picked him up?

ummmmm, no, not really...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 28, 2007, 08:52:47 PM

ummmmm, no, not really...

I find it funny that Farve actually failed the physical exam for that trade and the doctor told the Packers that he would maybe play 5 years tops.  Ron Wolf still went ahead with it and Farve hasn't missed a game in 15 years.

Yeah, those little pain pills work wonders

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 28, 2007, 09:03:43 PM

schaub is severely OVER-RATED!  What has he done in the NFL to make so many posters here want him so bad?

Scott Mitchell, anyone?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#26 : January 28, 2007, 09:34:59 PM

And Derek Watson ripped off some nice preseason runs too in 2005.  but what's he up to these days??? gimme a break man. 
No he didn't!!!! He went 37 for 121 -  3.27 ypc and 0 TD's.

Now follow along OK?

Was the Tasmanian Devil a great fullback? The answer is no. So comparing someone to the Tasmanian Devil is not synonymous with calling them a great FB. Unless of coarse I missed that episode of the Looney Toons.

What the Tasmanian Devil is famous for is blowing up trees while ripping through the forest. Hmmmm, is it becoming clearer now? Razzano blowing up D-Linemen while ripping through the defense? See the picture now? I don't think anyone on this message board ever said Razzano is or would be a great FB. Many of us stated the obvious, that he could block the **CENSORED** out of people.

Now if you're still lost, my wife teaches special education. I can have her come by your class this week and read you and your classmates some after snack stories.

I brought this out of the archives for you!!!

#27 : January 28, 2007, 11:07:45 PM

I love that photo...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 29, 2007, 11:16:03 AM

He's never had the chance. In spot duty he's already proven to have pocket presence than Herpy and the WR's don't have stone hands once Schaub is throwing to them. He's pretty accurate with the pill as well.

if you look at it objectively, schaub hasn't even been as good as rattay as a career spot-starter. 4-12 makes fans want to do crazy things, like trade silly picks for a guy who hasn't even been as good as a guy we can't wait to see the back of...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 29, 2007, 11:24:29 AM

if you look at it objectively, schaub hasn't even been as good as rattay as a career spot-starter. 4-12 makes fans want to do crazy things, like trade silly picks for a guy who hasn't even been as good as a guy we can't wait to see the back of...

totally missing the point. I never once in this thread said the Bucs should trade for Schaub. The discussion revolved around his skill set and opinions on how good of a QB he is or isn't.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: News and Notes (Plummer, Schaub, Steinbach) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools