Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The woes of being self employed « previous next »
Page: 1

3paths

Starter

: March 30, 2009, 03:00:34 PM

It's been a fun month. I'm coming on here mainly just to vent. During March I have had to deal with threatening letters from attorneys making false accusations, and now I have someone we contracted to do a job (she did a horrible job and basically stole $1700 from us), saying that we employed her back last November, making an unemployment claim. What she's doing is plain Fraud. I didn't even meet her until late January and she sure as heck wasn't an employee. Times are getting tough so make the government and someone else pay for it. Anyone know if her actions are criminal? If not they should be.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : March 30, 2009, 03:02:42 PM

if you don't respond to the claim, she gets $$$$ - if she botched at job, I'd respond to the unemployment office stating that she's filing a fraudulent claim.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 31, 2009, 04:24:58 PM

It's been a fun month. I'm coming on here mainly just to vent. During March I have had to deal with threatening letters from attorneys making false accusations, and now I have someone we contracted to do a job (she did a horrible job and basically stole $1700 from us), saying that we employed her back last November, making an unemployment claim. What she's doing is plain Fraud. I didn't even meet her until late January and she sure as heck wasn't an employee. Times are getting tough so make the government and someone else pay for it. Anyone know if her actions are criminal? If not they should be.

Did you attempt any recourse for the botched job?  Did you document it?  If not, you have no grounds to stand on. 

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#3 : March 31, 2009, 04:25:54 PM

There are plus sides to it. Working from home is sick. I'm in the same clothes I wake up in most of the time.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 31, 2009, 04:30:26 PM

There are plus sides to it. Working from home is sick. I'm in the same clothes I wake up in most of the time.

So this is a week of your life?

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

3paths

Starter

#5 : March 31, 2009, 06:12:48 PM

Did you attempt any recourse for the botched job? Did you document it? If not, you have no grounds to stand on.
Unfortunately it's really not work the time or money to go after it. She wouldn't have the money anyway.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#6 : April 01, 2009, 12:46:59 AM

Please tell me you had somewhat of a contract with her? 

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : April 01, 2009, 03:24:14 AM

So this is a week of your life?

Pretty much. Only difference is I'm wearing the same pair of shorts, not pants.  ;D

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 01, 2009, 08:37:54 AM

Did you attempt any recourse for the botched job? Did you document it? If not, you have no grounds to stand on.
Unfortunately it's really not work the time or money to go after it. She wouldn't have the money anyway.

Well, to stay postive about it, think of the money you're about to pay her a buying yourself a valuable business lesson.  Document, Document, Document, then Document some more...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The woes of being self employed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools