Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the real AB stand up? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

calicojack

Starter
#15 : March 30, 2009, 09:47:13 PM

For him, it might be good to hit free agency in an uncapped year.

The Dream Team

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 30, 2009, 10:06:05 PM

I have 2 word for AB-- here it comes-- Shut up!!  I'm sorry if I was getting paid 9.4Mil I would say I love the Bucs. 

He's worried about job security. If he has to play with a QB that is struggling, he may not put up good numbers and that will effect his market value next year.

rcoulter5

Practice Squad

#17 : March 30, 2009, 10:13:44 PM

9.4 million invest it and if you only get 4mil next year maybe he can feed his family.  don't get me wrong but if we offered 3 mil and he left where would that leave the bucs are you telling me that we could not get someone(TJ) for less that 9.4m???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 30, 2009, 10:17:15 PM

AB is worth every penny of that damn money...you guys bashing him crack me up...he is practically the only playmaker on the team, and made one of the best catches you have ever seen a Buc make.  ONE OF.  And he was crucial in so many games last year.  I shudder to think how bad the Bucs would have been without him...

Not one thing he said strikes me as callous, or arrogant, or angry and mean toned, or cancerous.  He is concerned about the state of the QB position, much like you and I, who merely have to watch the throws.  He has to actually catch them.  And adjust to them.

Has to work under a lot of uncertain conditions.  Do any of you like the idea of working with a new boss, who is about to implement a new style at work, even though you thrived under the prior management?

If you say Bryant needs to shut up, you need to re-eval what he is saying, and thank the stars this guy is still a Buc.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 30, 2009, 10:27:01 PM

Sounds like he is quite concerned he wont match his 08 numbers

rcoulter5

Practice Squad

#20 : March 30, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

" Do any of you like the idea of working with a new boss, who is about to implement a new style at work, even though you thrived under the prior management?"  I have done that for 20 years since I'm in the military and can get killed for my country and don't get paid anywhere that kind of money.  I look at our country and what it is going through right now and his is complaining about 9.4 million dollars for a game.  I'm not saying he not worth it for the Bucs but please don't complain about the teams direction and you are worried about the QB and palying for a "show me" contract when the team brought back into football.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 30, 2009, 10:29:24 PM

Sounds like he is quite concerned he wont match his 08 numbers
Is that a slam on his ability?  Or the QB and new offense that has no clear focus?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 30, 2009, 10:30:28 PM

" Do any of you like the idea of working with a new boss, who is about to implement a new style at work, even though you thrived under the prior management?"  I have done that for 20 years since I'm in the military and can get killed for my country and don't get paid anywhere that kind of money.  I look at our country and what it is going through right now and his is complaining about 9.4 million dollars for a game.  I'm not saying he not worth it for the Bucs but please don't complain about the teams direction and you are worried about the QB and palying for a "show me" contract when the team brought back into football.

Link?

Where is he stating he is upset about making 9.4 mill?  Where is he complaining?

calicojack

Starter
#23 : March 30, 2009, 10:31:35 PM

He's practiced with McCown, so he may very well be concerned...

The Dream Team

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 30, 2009, 10:32:33 PM

He's practiced with McCown, so he may very well be concerned...
Pretty scary, huh?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 30, 2009, 10:36:46 PM

Hard to say. That was the best year he has ever had but then again he is playing in a run first offense with Lucas

rcoulter5

Practice Squad

#26 : March 30, 2009, 10:38:01 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/30/antonio-bryant-calls-his-situation-unfair/

Here is the link and you can knit pick all you want.  All I'm saying is he needs to count his luck stars that the Bucs signed him last year and that they Franchised him to a hefty raise to $9.4 million.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 30, 2009, 10:41:54 PM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/30/antonio-bryant-calls-his-situation-unfair/

Here is the link and you can knit pick all you want.  All I'm saying is he needs to count his luck stars that the Bucs signed him last year and that they Franchised him to a hefty raise to $9.4 million. 
Sounds like you are nitpicking to me...

Where is he complaining?  He is voicing a legit concern man.  Once again, wouldn't you be concerned?

It may be unfair, because he has to prove his worth again in a new system.  With a new coach.  And a new QB that he has already worked with (not a ringing endorsement, IMO).  Nothing he says is cancerous, nothing he said is griping about his money. 

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#28 : March 30, 2009, 10:48:50 PM

9.4 mil isnt a bad number. Im pretty sure I wouldnt be complaining about it.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 30, 2009, 10:49:53 PM

9.4 mil isnt a bad number. Im pretty sure I wouldnt be complaining about it.
He isn't either.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will the real AB stand up? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools