Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's say Russell, Thomas and Johnson are off the board « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 28, 2007, 08:54:49 PM

With all this Senior Bowl talk I forgot about Anderson. 

PirateBooty

Starter

#16 : January 28, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Adams/Anderson.

This post was brought to you by the Committee to Draft Gaines Adams...
Hmmm... A non-committal committee.  :D

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#17 : January 28, 2007, 09:07:53 PM

Anderson or Okoye, even if okoye is a stretch, who cares, i dont like gaines adams

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : January 28, 2007, 09:22:26 PM

Probably Quinn. I like him and think he will be a good QB in the NFL.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#19 : January 28, 2007, 09:24:40 PM

I would trade down to the middle of the first round and pick Amobi Okoye.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 28, 2007, 09:32:15 PM

its funny, with all the senior bowl talk Gaines has almost been forgotten by many on this board. I'm still on the Gaines Adams bandwagon.  In fact, I'm hoping he has a strong combine and pro day to get the bucs to look hard at him. 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 28, 2007, 09:39:40 PM

If that happens then it's going to be a defensive pick and does it really matter. Any of the following are going to help this team from day one, Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, Jamaal Anderson, LaRon Landry, Leon Hall or Amobi Okoye

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 28, 2007, 10:14:32 PM

I don't think you can say "What if nobody wants to trade up?"  Everybody wants to trade up.  It just depends if the price is right.   I think we would have to make the price right and trade down a few spots, because we have more pressing needs than a QB.  

From everything we know right now, Quinn is the real deal.  I think somebody will trade up for him, and it would have to be to 8 or 9 where Houston and Miami could use a QB of the future.  Before that you have the Cards and Vikings who already have their QB of the future, and the Skins don't have any more first day picks left to trade.  

At that point we can go with Okoye, Adams or Branch, and hopefully pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 28, 2007, 10:27:16 PM

I don't think you can say "What if nobody wants to trade up?"  Everybody wants to trade up.  It just depends if the price is right.   I think we would have to make the price right and trade down a few spots, because we have more pressing needs than a QB. 

From everything we know right now, Quinn is the real deal.  I think somebody will trade up for him, and it would have to be to 8 or 9 where Houston and Miami could use a QB of the future.  Before that you have the Cards and Vikings who already have their QB of the future, and the Skins don't have any more first day picks left to trade. 

At that point we can go with Okoye, Adams or Branch, and hopefully pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

If the Vikings are counting on Tarvaris Jackson to be their Qb of the future they are going to have a very bleak one. The Vikings Pro Player of personel got fired because of last years draft. More to the point because of the pick of Tarvaris Jackson in the secondd round. He was slated on many draft boards as a day 2 selection. Even the ESPN announcers last year were stupified by that selection.

The Vikings could very well be trade up candidates for the right price.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 28, 2007, 10:31:47 PM

Well should such a case happen, then I'd go for Okoye in with the pick and hopefully get a DE that falls off the first at the top of the second. It's not that bad of a scenario but the team doesn't end up getting a sexy LT pick or WR which I guess would make some people upset.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 28, 2007, 10:34:21 PM

and nobody wants to trade up for our pick (not a completely unrealistic senario), who would you take?

easy choice IMO ... Okoye

T

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 28, 2007, 10:38:52 PM

I would take anyone not named Gaines Adams.

donny77

Starter
#27 : January 28, 2007, 10:55:21 PM

Okoye.  There are fewer top quality UTs in this draft than DE.  Add to that there are no free agent UT's while there are 2 really good free agent DE's in Justin Smith and Charles Grant.  We could already have one of those two players on our roster before this selection.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#28 : January 28, 2007, 11:18:33 PM

Hmmm... A non-committal committee.  :D

Committing to one player before the draft, whether I want to or not, is preparing to be disappointed. Ask the BMW bandwagon.....

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#29 : January 28, 2007, 11:19:36 PM

I would take anyone named Gaines Adams.

Thats the spirit. :)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's say Russell, Thomas and Johnson are off the board « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools