Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's league source: Bucs' Cutler persuit fueled by Glazers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 01, 2009, 11:35:40 AM

What happened to all that talk about building through the draft?

Getting a 25-year-old QB and a 25-year-old TE for draft picks is building through the draft.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 01, 2009, 11:36:43 AM

Cutler is better than anything in the draft

This is true. I wonder if they want Alex Smith?

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 01, 2009, 11:40:57 AM

This is true. I wonder if they want Alex Smith?

Our #4 TE or "the San Francisco Treat"

dbrooks55

Starter

#33 : April 01, 2009, 11:57:52 AM

If the Glazers are involved I feel our chances have increased dramatically!
Based on?
Once owners are involved, that usually means the team is pretty serious about acquiring someone. If not let Dominik just do his job...I think the Glazers being involved means that they are also looking at selling a a ton of jerseys putting butts in the seats. Not to mention having a pretty attractive offense out there that this city  has never had...it creates interest, more importantly to them brings in revenue!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#34 : April 01, 2009, 12:00:33 PM

Hope we end up with him. Wonder when it is gonna go down.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 01, 2009, 12:08:26 PM

In other words, forget we said that?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Booker

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 01, 2009, 12:08:57 PM

Yes when a better option arises. 

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 01, 2009, 12:09:30 PM

Getting a 25-year-old QB and a 25-year-old TE for draft picks is building through the draft.

So you're for redefining what the "draft" is?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 01, 2009, 12:12:17 PM

I really don't care how you define "draft."  As long as the picks are used on good young players, what's the friggin' difference?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 01, 2009, 12:14:41 PM

Yes when a better option arises.  

I'm with you in large degree.

Sometimes I wish I kept track of names more 'cause there a number of folks that were all over the "Pittsburgh way" so to speak which isn't about Free agency. At least that's how the topic was presented.

The hesitation I have about it is, I'm not nearly up on Cutler's greatness. I assume he doesn't suck, but man how could such a great guy even become available? That worries me a bit. Not that it doesn't happen, but it's bothersome.

I lean heavily toward building through the draft. I like that philosophy. Of course that means getting the right people in to scout and such which I don't think the bucs have done a good job of over the years.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 01, 2009, 12:15:38 PM

I really don't care how you define "draft."  As long as the picks are used on good young players, what's the friggin' difference?

ONe is the draft and the other is a trade. 

Definition of terms is important. How else are we to have any kind of intelligent discussion?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 01, 2009, 12:19:45 PM

Definition of terms is important. How else are we to have any kind of intelligent discussion?

So, we better not trade draft picks for a 25-year-old stud QB because we said we are building through the draft?

I think you can loosen up on your little strict definitions.  Getting young, proven players with draft picks is better than getting young, unproven players with draft picks.  Have fun with your technicalities.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 01, 2009, 12:22:13 PM

So, we better not trade draft picks for a 25-year-old stud QB because we said we are building through the draft?

I think you can loosen up on your little strict definitions.  Getting young, proven players with draft picks is better than getting young, unproven players with draft picks.  Have fun with your technicalities.

I never said that.

Why is your vag all sandy?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 01, 2009, 12:23:07 PM

Sometimes I wish I kept track of names more 'cause there a number of folks that were all over the "Pittsburgh way" so to speak which isn't about Free agency. At least that's how the topic was presented.
You certainly have a point, but I think when most people dismiss building through free agency, it's in regards to TJ Houshmanzadeh/Alan Faneca type players whose play hasn't kept up with their names and contracts. With players like Winslow and Cutler you're paying for peak years, not their downside.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 01, 2009, 12:26:31 PM

Why is your vag all sandy?

Really?  Aren't you the one wanting strict definitions of the draft?

What exactly were you saying?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yahoo's league source: Bucs' Cutler persuit fueled by Glazers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools