Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Afghan President signs law legalizing rape. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsense

Practice Squad

« #15 : April 01, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »

This azzhole was a Bush appointee if I recall.

He became the first democratically elected leader in Afghanistan in 2004.

Hey, let's just use all of our bombs on that country! We'll kill all of the men! Of course, those are the same men we trained to fight the Russians for us.

Will we ever learn?

Get out with that politically correct nonsense...........Let's bomb the hell out of the Afgan/Pakistan border........make it a pile of sand, kill all the haters, and end this crap.  Those jackholes have no interest in negotiations.. They know terror and that's all they know.  Talk won't end it......but massive bombing will.

kmitchell

Starter

« #16 : April 01, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »

Hey, let's just use all of our bombs on that country! We'll kill all of the men! Of course, those are the same men we trained to fight the Russians for us.

Will we ever learn?

Get out with that politically correct nonsense...........Let's bomb the hell out of the Afgan/Pakistan border........make it a pile of sand, kill all the haters, and end this crap.  Those jackholes have no interest in negotiations.. They know terror and that's all they know.  Talk won't end it......but massive bombing will.

Massive aerial attacks only work to rally the moderates to the militant cause. See Vietnam, Soviet-Afghan war, WW2, Korean war. The more innocents we kill, the more recruits the enemy gets.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 01, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »

Will we ever learn?

Joe, did you see the video of O'Reilly factor, when the son of a 9/11 victim went on Bill's show, and explained how he was pissed at the government for training the type of people who would eventually kill his father. Billo went apesh!t.

I don't watch any of those shows any more.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #18 : April 01, 2009, 04:37:38 PM »

Conservatism at it's ugliest.
Which form of conservatism?

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 01, 2009, 04:39:10 PM »

Does it really matter?  Conservatism is based on the philosophy of wanting to conserve the ways of the past.  If conservatives in this country could get away with it, they'd still own slaves...

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 01, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »

Does it really matter? Conservatism is based on the philosophy of wanting to conserve the ways of the past. If conservatives in this country could get away with it, they'd still own slaves...
You have finally demonstrated that you have not a clue what you are talking about in this regard.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #21 : April 01, 2009, 05:02:56 PM »

further proof that our way of life has no place in the middle east.

maybe this country should worry about its own affairs more.

Agreed. It's gotta be a kick to the balls of our troops who have fought and died to install a democracy there, for the President to legalize rape/oppression of women.

Well considering middle eastern men are so disgusting, I can't blame the women for not wanting to be with them. So I guess this is their way of "sticking their tongue" at the women....Metaphorically speaking of course.

As a middle-eastern myself(Jordanian), you can go **CENSORED** yourself. Ignorant, racist POS.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #22 : April 01, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

Does it really matter? Conservatism is based on the philosophy of wanting to conserve the ways of the past. If conservatives in this country could get away with it, they'd still own slaves...

that's a pretty ignorant statement

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #23 : April 01, 2009, 05:09:07 PM »

that's a pretty ignorant statement

Almost every post on this thread is ignorant.

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 01, 2009, 05:28:49 PM »

Bunch of kids in this thread obviously.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #25 : April 01, 2009, 06:12:11 PM »

Does it really matter?  Conservatism is based on the philosophy of wanting to conserve the ways of the past.  If conservatives in this country could get away with it, they'd still own slaves...

Another subject that you lack a serious fundamental lack of understanding.  I can't say I'm surprised.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #26 : April 01, 2009, 06:28:50 PM »

Why do we even bother in the Middle East?

Kabul, Mar. 31 : Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai has signed a law which "legalises" rape, women''s groups and the United Nations warn.
Critics claim that Karzai helped rush the bill through parliament in a bid to appease Islamic fundamentalists ahead of elections in August.
In a massive blow for women''s rights, the new Shia Family Law negates the need for sexual consent between married couples, tacitly approves child marriage and restricts a woman''s right to leave the home, according to UN papers seen by The Independent.
"It is one of the worst bills passed by the parliament this century," fumed Shinkai Karokhail, a woman MP who campaigned against the legislation.
"It is totally against women''s rights. This law makes women more vulnerable," she added.
The law regulates personal matters like marriage, divorce, inheritance and sexual relations among Afghanistan''s minority Shia community.
"It''s about votes. Karzai is in a hurry to appease the Shia because the elections are on the way," Karokhail said.
The provisions are reminiscent of the hardline Taliban regime, which banned women from leaving their homes without a male relative.
But in a sign of Afghanistan''s faltering steps towards gender equality, politicians who opposed it have been threatened.
The bill lay dormant for more than a year, but in February it was rushed through parliament as President Karzai sought allies in a constitutional row over the upcoming election.
Wow and these people want to bomb all of the societies who fight for individual rights...This is really so absurd. I really feel for those Women now and hope somehow all who are good run from that Country fast...OBD

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Afghan President signs law legalizing rape. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools