Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort on Cutler « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

mhbucs47

Rookie

#90 : April 02, 2009, 04:50:01 PM

We keep talking about Cutler being pissed about trade rumors....then Jason Campbell now disgruntled because his name is in the mix....ummmm .. what about Luke?  How about answering the same questions every day about possibly acquiring a new QB? Cutler won't be brought in to compete, he WILL start ..... Don't we remember what happened last year after the whole Brett Favre Saga, didn't get it done and had a disgruntled QB in Garcia=disaster season all around. We have to get this one done, Luke will carry in the back of his mind all the same doubts.... thinks he's starter material, but Buc's shopping for QB's.  For those who may think it's not the case because he's in a new role, think again, he's a competitor.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#91 : April 02, 2009, 04:54:04 PM

and Cutler is a "stud" ??
Jebus.

You do know this is an NFL forum right?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#92 : April 02, 2009, 04:55:51 PM

We keep talking about Cutler being pissed about trade rumors....then Jason Campbell now disgruntled because his name is in the mix....ummmm .. what about Luke?

"It doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother Josh, we're out here competing. You've got a beautiful day in Florida, why would I worry about something I have no control over? I've got a chance to prove myself. All I can do is work as hard as I can and let the rest take care of itself."

- Luke McCown, today

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#93 : April 02, 2009, 05:00:08 PM

and Cutler is a "stud" ??
Jebus.

You do know this is an NFL forum right?
Yeah...I don't have a man crush on Cutler..sorry

calicojack

Starter
#94 : April 02, 2009, 05:01:17 PM

We keep talking about Cutler being pissed about trade rumors....then Jason Campbell now disgruntled because his name is in the mix....ummmm .. what about Luke?  How about answering the same questions every day about possibly acquiring a new QB? Cutler won't be brought in to compete, he WILL start ..... Don't we remember what happened last year after the whole Brett Favre Saga, didn't get it done and had a disgruntled QB in Garcia=disaster season all around. We have to get this one done, Luke will carry in the back of his mind all the same doubts.... thinks he's starter material, but Buc's shopping for QB's.  For those who may think it's not the case because he's in a new role, think again, he's a competitor.

Check into the contract situations of the disgruntled players...

The Dream Team

StrongSide

Starter

#95 : April 02, 2009, 06:11:59 PM

LOLL... gotta love the talking heads!

...imagine if he'd said,

"..but when all's said and done you gotta like the Bears in this, they can seal the deal by throwing in a bonafide STUD like Kyle Orton!!" >insert shiny teeth-flash-smile here<

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#96 : April 02, 2009, 06:55:09 PM

Scouting report on Campbell:

Yawn

#97 : April 02, 2009, 06:55:58 PM

Immediately after signing Cutler, the Bears also signed orlando Pace to 3 years!   Now THERE is ownership that is committed to their franchise. 

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#98 : April 02, 2009, 06:58:57 PM

Immediately after signing Cutler, the Bears also signed orlando Pace to 3 years!   Now THERE is ownership that is committed to their franchise. 

And exactly how many games has Pace missed over the last few years because of injury? He is nothing more than a cap burden anymore. That's why the Rams couldn't trade him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#99 : April 02, 2009, 07:02:31 PM

For money - he is a great pick up - and he has history with Lovie -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#100 : April 02, 2009, 07:18:02 PM

He has all that - and doesn't have to start - he might not even make the team - but it is a good pick up.

Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Penn for a one legged Pace in a New York minute.

And who is gonna be playing left tackle when his injured butt is sitting on the bench all season?
They didn't cut the guy at LOT last year - just a pick up I believe.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mhbucs47

Rookie

#101 : April 02, 2009, 08:33:25 PM

We keep talking about Cutler being pissed about trade rumors....then Jason Campbell now disgruntled because his name is in the mix....ummmm .. what about Luke?

"It doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother Josh, we're out here competing. You've got a beautiful day in Florida, why would I worry about something I have no control over? I've got a chance to prove myself. All I can do is work as hard as I can and let the rest take care of itself."

- Luke McCown, today

Who isn't going to reply initially with that response.....

mhbucs47

Rookie

#102 : April 02, 2009, 08:39:14 PM

Check into the contract situations of the disgruntled players...

Regardless,   You were just told after being a bench-warmer you're going to have a chance @ starter.....But, we're going to shop for other QB's to start as well. Life of the big show, the point is it's very easy to see the Buc's are not comfortable with the current QB situation regardless of what is printed in paper.  I'm pulling for Rah but he needs to do some serious praying....
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort on Cutler « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools