Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Take a stand! Go on the record, here and now. Simms or Gradkowski? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: October 15, 2006, 09:03:28 PM

I'm curious. Based on what you have seen of Gradkowski so far, and based on what you saw of Chris Simms in the first three games this season, if Simms was 100% healthy today, who would you want starting at QB for this team? Simms or Gradkowski?

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 15, 2006, 09:05:57 PM

I'd trade Simms and Gradkowski and get Brett Favre.  ;) ;D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 15, 2006, 09:07:14 PM

(fart)

Give it up dude.

I thought MJ was the resident Gradkowski homer?

And I thgought ABuccs fan was the guy who posted these type of queries.

Grads did not play well enough for any reasonable Buc fan to say "Sell The House!"

BuccoJD

Starter

#3 : October 15, 2006, 09:07:23 PM

Both...let them battle it out in TC next year.

simms22

Second String

#4 : October 15, 2006, 09:09:07 PM

(fart)

Give it up dude.

I thought MJ was the resident Gradkowski homer?

And I thgought ABuccs fan was the guy who posted these type of queries.

Grads did not play well enough for any reasonable Buc fan to say "Sell The House!"
agreed... grads played good enough for us to get the win but he was shaky at times. He is very lucky he didnt get picked a few times and got some lucky calls from the refs. Im behind grads 100 percent but he still has some improving to do.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 15, 2006, 09:10:25 PM

(fart)

Very intelligent post. If you're not interested in the topic, you can feel free to ignore the question.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 15, 2006, 09:11:57 PM

grad and please dont ask again

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 15, 2006, 09:13:01 PM

feet irehe quion.

There.  I can hack some of your reply and make it look silly too.

Post it all man.

Don't be hating.

nickerson56

Starter
#8 : October 15, 2006, 09:13:16 PM

im not saying that grads is the long term answer (give it another 10 weeks) but between him and simms, its not even close.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 15, 2006, 09:13:33 PM

Its way too early for this. Two games, guys. Just two games.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 15, 2006, 09:15:01 PM

im not saying that grads is the long term answer (give it another 10 weeks) but between him and simms, its not even close.

I know.

Simms actually helped steer the Bucs to an NFC South banner, when the #1 went down.  Grads is 1-1.

And should have had three or four picks.

But I am eternally grateful for the win, don't deny that.

But it was the defense, and the running that helped out.  Grads was a King with legs.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 15, 2006, 09:16:33 PM

Its way too early for this. Two games, guys. Just two games.

No it isn't. I'm not saying who should be the long-term starter or who is the "future" of the team, I'm asking if TODAY Simms was back healthy, would you prefer to start him or Gradkowski?

Max Power

Starter

#12 : October 15, 2006, 09:17:48 PM

Neither. I want Dilfer back so we can all agree that we hate our QB.

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#13 : October 15, 2006, 09:18:35 PM

I don't think there is much of a choice.  

When Chris comes back, he will probably will be undervalued because of his difficulties earlier this year.   If he signs next year, his agent would probably only agree to a one year deal, particularly due to the low value of production he showed in the first few games this year and the subsequent low priced contract.   He would hope for a great year and then hope to get the "over 10mil. guaranteed contract" he was shooting for this year.   And at that point, it would obviously be open to the highest bidder.   We probably wouldn't want him if he played poorly that year, or could obviously be outbid by others if he plays well.   Either way we could stand to lose substantially, having to start over developing a starter.   I don't want to lose Simms, but it is a tough spot.

Gradkowski, however, is on the payroll for some time and if he continues to play well, could be a good value for us and develop into a very good starter.  

But that isn't to say that McCown or someone else couldn't be the starter next year or further down the road.

simms22

Second String

#14 : October 15, 2006, 09:19:21 PM

No it isn't. I'm not saying who should be the long-term starter or who is the "future" of the team, I'm asking if TODAY Simms was back healthy, would you prefer to start him or Gradkowski?
but simms isnt going to be back for the rest of the year so this is pointless. Everyone knows this offense attributes grads strengths and this just isnt the system for simms.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Take a stand! Go on the record, here and now. Simms or Gradkowski? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools