Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Take a stand! Go on the record, here and now. Simms or Gradkowski? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 15, 2006, 09:19:58 PM

No it isn't. I'm not saying who should be the long-term starter or who is the "future" of the team, I'm asking if TODAY Simms was back healthy, would you prefer to start him or Gradkowski?

If Simms was still healthy, who knows man?

Awfully Nostradamic of you to make such statements.

Maybe if Simms had this defense out there today, this blocking, this run game, we would all be not having this conversation.

Either way, you aren't a mind reader, get over Grads and his lackluster performance, and give Kudos to Bolden, to Booger for making a few stops, to Wyms for playing a good backup role.  To the run defense collectively for making Rudi eat a giant turd.

Sheesh.  Arguing to argue is ridiculous.  Make a point wouldya?

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 15, 2006, 09:24:18 PM

Don't people remember how much Simms sucked this season? He was awful.

Simms' caree here is over folks, move on.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : October 15, 2006, 09:28:48 PM

Gradkowski, end of discussion.

He has come in here in these last two games and outplayed Simms hands down. The job is his, he is our QB.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 15, 2006, 09:34:12 PM

Quote from: DanTurksGhost on Today at 09:16:33 PM
No it isn't. I'm not saying who should be the long-term starter or who is the "future" of the team, I'm asking if TODAY Simms was back healthy, would you prefer to start him or Gradkowski?

No question, Grads.  This was a bad day for him, and we won.  We've seen what Simms' bad days look like. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 15, 2006, 09:37:25 PM

Quote from: DanTurksGhost on Today at 09:16:33 PM

No question, Grads. This was a bad day for him, and we won. We've seen what Simms' bad days look like.

Today was not a bad day for Grads.  We have yet to see his bad game, trust me.

He had some meatballs thrown out there today, and if he had no run game, and the same play calls given to Simms when he was lobbing picks, I think Grads would have fared just as well.

I am not too quick to forget what Simms can do.  He played awesome last year (for the most part), and helped lead the Bucs to an NFC championship.

Grads has played 2 games, and played a so-so game.  Not a bad game.  He did not play bad at all.  He made some nice plays...the run for instance.

But he didn't leave a lot to be drooling over on his deep passes, or his mid range lobs.  Tey looked like shidt.

But he didn't throw a lot of picks, so good job Grads.

Where are all the Cincy trolls now?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 15, 2006, 09:50:37 PM

Boid...the NFL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. You know this. Last year was last year. Last year our defense was #1 in the NFL and Joey G played out of his skull. Simms, a 3rd year player mind you, was 5-6 as a starter (including the playoffs). Yes, he had some superb moments for us and no one has forgotten that. But what did he do this year? 1 TD, 7 interceptions and an 0-3 record. Grads has 4 TDs, 1 pick and is 1-1.

I still believe Simms is going to be a good QB in this league. I hope he comes back and they battle it out in training camp for the starting gig. But let's face it, its Gradkowski's job to lose right now and each week he plays, he gets a tighter and tighter grip.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 15, 2006, 09:53:23 PM

Boid...the NFL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league. You know this. Last year was last year. Last year our defense was #1 in the NFL and Joey G played out of his skull. Simms, a 3rd year player mind you, was 5-6 as a starter (including the playoffs). Yes, he had some superb moments for us and no one has forgotten that. But what did he do this year? 1 TD, 7 interceptions and an 0-3 record. Grads has 4 TDs, 1 pick and is 1-1.

I still believe Simms is going to be a good QB in this league. I hope he comes back and they battle it out in training camp for the starting gig. But let's face it, its Gradkowski's job to lose right now and each week he plays, he gets a tighter and tighter grip.

How did Simms give up a franchise record rushing game to the Falcons?

How did Simms fail in stopping the Panthers from driving down the field and kicking a last second FG on us?

Just some things to think about.

Fingers you have:  8.

Point them in the other directions too.  What exactly did Grads do to make all of you so horny for him?

I didn't see anything that a Shaun King couldn't do.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : October 15, 2006, 09:56:24 PM

Chris only played two bad games--the defense lost the game to Carolina. He almost won it as walking wounded. I believe there will be games where we will wish Chris was QB. I don't undersstand the whole "doesn't fit our system" thing. When did we have a system before? We had one when we won the superbowl? I think it's foolish not to have the "system" fit your QB's talents. ??? If you can't make your offense fit a talented  QB's strengths there's something wrong with your "system" or coach.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 15, 2006, 10:02:07 PM

How did Simms give up a franchise record rushing game to the Falcons?

How did Simms fail in stopping the Panthers from driving down the field and kicking a last second FG on us?

Just some things to think about.

Fingers you have: 8.

Point them in the other directions too. What exactly did Grads do to make all of you so horny for him?

I didn't see anything that a Shaun King couldn't do.

Stop being condescending.

Simms had his chance this year. He failed. Miserably. Not by losing games but by playing like ####.

You act as if we lost in spite of Simms, as if he played great while everyone around him stunk it up. What was his comp. %? His TD-INT ratio?

Simms is done here. He'll succeed in a different system but he's done.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 15, 2006, 10:02:29 PM

Some of you guys make me laugh. Talk about fickle. After last year some of you were saying that Chris was the 2nd coming and then he blows big style in the first 3 games of the season. Remember he blew for his first 3 of last year too but then he improved drastically. Bruce steps in, has 1 good game and loses, 1 ok game and wins and all of a sudden he is the 2nd coming. He scared me a few times today, but I think most of that was rookie mistakes. I like what I see thus far, but I said the same about Chris last year. There is a long, long way to go and only time will tell. After Chris went down has he done pretty well? Heck yes but is he our QB of the future? Nobody knows and before we start jumping to conclusions lets see a few more games go by. Am I happy and more pumped than I was 2 weeks ago? Hell yes, but I'm not convinced he is going to take us to the SB anytime soon. I like him, I really do, but Im not going to mortgage my house anytime soon. Have hope and expectation but I think some of the gushing around here is a bit premature.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 15, 2006, 10:04:35 PM

Chris only played two bad games--the defense lost the game to Carolina. He almost won it as walking wounded. I believe there will be games where we will wish Chris was QB. I don't undersstand the whole "doesn't fit our system" thing. When did we have a system before? We had one when we won the superbowl? I think it's foolish not to have the "system" fit your QB's talents. ??? If you can't make your offense fit a talented  QB's strengths there's something wrong with your "system" or coach.

Karen, Jon Gruden's offense is built for a QB that can make plays with his feet. Buy some time, find the guy down the field for the big completion or if need be, pick up a 1st down by yourself. Gruden has been "adapting" his system for the talent he's had for the last four years....but there's no doubt that large chunks of his playbook were ripped out because he simply did not have a QB athletic enough to take advantage of those plays.

The defense, btw, didn't put us down 7-0 on the very first play of the game against Carolina (I take that back, okay, they had some responsiblity for letting Me-shawn score so easily...but still...1st play of the game and they're at our 20?).

All those three and outs in the first half of the game didn't help either. How many three-and-outs did the Bucs offense have today?

Not many...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 15, 2006, 10:04:41 PM

Some of you guys make me laugh. Talk about fickle. After last year some of you were saying that Chris was the 2nd coming and then he blows big style in the first 3 games of the season. Remember he blew for his first 3 of last year too but then he improved drastically. Bruce steps in, has 1 good game and loses, 1 ok game and wins and all of a sudden he is the 2nd coming. He scared me a few times today, but I think most of that was rookie mistakes. I like what I see thus far, but I said the same about Chris last year. There is a long, long way to go and only time will tell. After Chris went down has he done pretty well? Heck yes but is he our QB of the future? Nobody knows and before we start jumping to conclusions lets see a few more games go by. Am I happy and more pumped than I was 2 weeks ago? Hell yes, but I'm not convinced he is going to take us to the SB anytime soon. I like him, I really do, but Im not going to mortgage my house anytime soon. Have hope and expectation but I think some of the gushing around here is a bit premature.

Glad to se people biting my "sell the house" line.

And I agree with you 1 hundred percent.

simms22

Second String

#27 : October 15, 2006, 10:05:39 PM

Stop being condescending.

Simms had his chance this year. He failed. Miserably. Not by losing games but by playing like ####.

You act as if we lost in spite of Simms, as if he played great while everyone around him stunk it up. What was his comp. %? His TD-INT ratio?

Simms is done here. He'll succeed in a different system but he's done.
when did he say we lost in spite of simms? all he said was this is a TEAM and while simms played bad the defense played bad, the oline missed plenty of blocks and special teams was subpar. You win and lose as a team, simms played bad, but that doesnt excuse the play of the oline, defense, and special teams does it?

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 15, 2006, 10:09:44 PM

when did he say we lost in spite of simms?

He didn't say those exact words but he mention how bad the oline and defense was. As if that made up for Chris blowing.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 15, 2006, 10:12:24 PM

Oh yeah, Grako's a rookie and Simms is a 4th year player.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Take a stand! Go on the record, here and now. Simms or Gradkowski? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools