Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Take a stand! Go on the record, here and now. Simms or Gradkowski? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 15, 2006, 10:12:52 PM

...and Gradko's salary is MUCH smaller.

simms22

Second String

#31 : October 15, 2006, 10:14:01 PM

He didn't say those exact words but he mention how bad the oline and defense was. As if that made up for Chris blowing.
it didnt make up for chris playing badly but it DID contribute to us losing. Placing all the blame on simms, while easy, is just not true. Its a team game, and when the defense doesnt do its job and special teams suck then its a team loss.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#32 : October 15, 2006, 10:15:15 PM

it didnt make up for chris playing badly but it DID contribute to us losing. Placing all the blame on simms, while easy, is just not true. Its a team game, and when the defense doesnt do its job and special teams suck then its a team loss.

I'm not placing blame on Simms for losing, I'm placing blame on him for sucking.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#33 : October 15, 2006, 10:16:39 PM

Hey, Magicfan--do you purposely have the gayest sig ever??

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 15, 2006, 10:19:07 PM

I'm not placing blame on Simms for losing, I'm placing blame on him for sucking.

What people don't seem to quite understand is that the QB's play affects the offensive line's play, the running game's play, and the defense's play. For instance, balls didn't just "magically" stop getting batted down at the LOS.

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 15, 2006, 10:19:56 PM

Today was not a bad day for Grads.  We have yet to see his bad game, trust me.

He had some meatballs thrown out there today, and if he had no run game, and the same play calls given to Simms when he was lobbing picks, I think Grads would have fared just as well.

I am not too quick to forget what Simms can do.  He played awesome last year (for the most part), and helped lead the Bucs to an NFC championship.

Grads has played 2 games, and played a so-so game.  Not a bad game.  He did not play bad at all.  He made some nice plays...the run for instance.

But he didn't leave a lot to be drooling over on his deep passes, or his mid range lobs.  Tey looked like shidt.

But he didn't throw a lot of picks, so good job Grads.

Where are all the Cincy trolls now?

Yes, this was a Bad day for him boid.  Not that he won't have worse, but you could see he was confused with the downfield looks he was getting.  Hell the whole staff was surprised by the way the CIN D played. 
You can tell it was a bad day just based on last week, he played better against a better D then.
His long ball is iffy, no question about it,  but it isn't as bad as it looked today - he was more accurate last week, so split the difference.  It's a genuine question mark, but not a definite weakness yet.  Need to see some mre before deciding that.  We were expecting different coverage and they hid stuff well.  You can see some of those bad throws were just him throwing it up there and hoping a WR would make a play -- not the thing to do in the NFL, and he'll get an earfull for it tomorrow, but those ones were mental mistakes not bad throws.  He hesitated alot deciding how/where to throw the long ones today and it hurt his accuracy.

I think you said he looked like King.  You also said you weren't around then.
I think he looks a helluva lot better than king.  I WAS around back then.

He's smart, passionate, and decisive.  Accurate short.  He's exactly what we need in a QB.

The decisiveness is going to catch up to him soon in a negative way too.  A few ints were left on the field cuz defenders weren't ready for it that fast.  That'll change.  Its happened in 2 games, DB's and LB's will be looking for it now.

After a horrible first half he came out and played smart winning FB.  The alternative QB in this vote would lose his cool, and make more mistakes (much like Rattay)

The future is still open, but the question was if simms came back today, and for today I'd take Grads.

simms22

Second String

#36 : October 15, 2006, 10:20:35 PM

What people don't seem to quite understand is that the QB's play affects the offensive line's play, the running game's play, and the defense's play. For instance, balls didn't just "magically" stop getting batted down at the LOS.
the defense allowed over three hundred yards rushing, but i guess thats simms fault? ITS A TEAM GAME. Simms played bad, but the defense was terrible and special teams wasnt great either.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 15, 2006, 10:21:49 PM

Hey, Magicfan--do you purposely have the gayest sig ever??

What is this, sixth grade?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 15, 2006, 10:25:46 PM

Yes, this was a Bad day for him boid. Not that he won't have worse, but you could see he was confused with the downfield looks he was getting. Hell the whole staff was surprised by the way the CIN D played.
You can tell it was a bad day just based on last week, he played better against a better D then.
His long ball is iffy, no question about it, but it isn't as bad as it looked today - he was more accurate last week, so split the difference. It's a genuine question mark, but not a definite weakness yet. Need to see some mre before deciding that. We were expecting different coverage and they hid stuff well. You can see some of those bad throws were just him throwing it up there and hoping a WR would make a play -- not the thing to do in the NFL, and he'll get an earfull for it tomorrow, but those ones were mental mistakes not bad throws. He hesitated alot deciding how/where to throw the long ones today and it hurt his accuracy.

I think you said he looked like King. You also said you weren't around then.
I think he looks a helluva lot better than king. I WAS around back then.

He's smart, passionate, and decisive. Accurate short. He's exactly what we need in a QB.

The decisiveness is going to catch up to him soon in a negative way too. A few ints were left on the field cuz defenders weren't ready for it that fast. That'll change. Its happened in 2 games, DB's and LB's will be looking for it now.

After a horrible first half he came out and played smart winning FB. The alternative QB in this vote would lose his cool, and make more mistakes (much like Rattay)

The future is still open, but the question was if simms came back today, and for today I'd take Grads.

I wasn't around for King?  You mean like when Bert Emanuel "dropped" the ball versus St. Louis?  You need to learn to read my posts slower.

I was very much around for King.  Sheesh.

As for Cincy being a jell of a lot worse on defense, I can agree to a certain extent.  The Bengholes are ballhawks.  They generate turnovers in the secondary like nobodys business, so maybe that factored into his rookie jitters.  I am sure he was aware of the turnover juggernaut known as the Bengals D-backs...they certainly can play beter pass defense than N.O....take a look at his numbers if you think otherwise.  

Or maybe that was just his deep ball inefficiency kicking in.  Who knows.

You think I wasn't around for Shaun King?  My daughter was around during the Shaun King era, kid.  (LMAO!)

gone

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 15, 2006, 10:28:34 PM

Chris only played two bad games--the defense lost the game to Carolina. He almost won it as walking wounded. I believe there will be games where we will wish Chris was QB. I don't undersstand the whole "doesn't fit our system" thing. When did we have a system before? We had one when we won the superbowl? I think it's foolish not to have the "system" fit your QB's talents. ??? If you can't make your offense fit a talented  QB's strengths there's something wrong with your "system" or coach.
There are lots of other guys on the roster Karen.  We call them "Players"  "Players" all have different strenghts and weaknesses.  You draft guys to fit that system.  The right mix of recievers, style of RB and TE. 
Then you have these guys that teach these players what to do.  We call them "Coaches".  Like players, coaches have srtong and weak points.  You hire them based on those who have the right strengths for the system.
We also have a big list of plays these "Players" learn to play.  We call it a "playbook". "Coaches" help them learn that, because they understand how to run thes plays.
We put ALL of them together: "Players" "Coaches" "Playbook"  and we have a "System" or "Offensive philosophy".  Similar to a business strategy.

When ONE guy doesn't fit the system, you DON"T change the system for him.  That means changing players, coaches, playbook.  You need different types of recievers and coaches to wring out the max benefit of that one guy.  Instead you replace that ONE GUY who doesn't fit, and find one who does.

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 15, 2006, 10:34:36 PM

Hey Boid.  Went back and read your post a little slower like you said.  Think I was accurate:
I wasn't around these parts when King ws QBing, but I hope this could not be interpreted as the same post.

I hope Grads does come through, but c'mon.  Stop championing this guy.

The defense played lights out, the run game was there.  Grads moved the ball well enough, but he was a "manager".  He wasn't making me think the next Gannon is in Tampa.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : October 15, 2006, 10:35:29 PM

Hey Boid. Went back and read your post a little slower like you said. Think I was accurate:

These parts meaning the Red Board. 

I watched the Bucs for years, without ever posting jack crap about them.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 15, 2006, 11:12:50 PM

Simms OR Grads running Gruden's WCO..........does the question even need to be asked.

Even without Grads emergence, Simms's long term future in Tampa looked very insecure.  Grads's first two starts have been very promising, and he has just carried on from his preseason form.  Just look at his stat so far:

47/21
419 yards
4 TDs
1 Int

Grads is a pure rookie, he hasn't had two plus years to learn the playbook.  He still has a lot to prove but he is off to a great start.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 15, 2006, 11:15:43 PM

Simms OR Grads running Gruden's WCO..........does the question even need to be asked.

Even without Grads emergence, Simms's long term future in Tampa looked very insecure. Grads's first two starts have been very promising, and he has just carried on from his preseason form. Just look at his stat so far:

47/21
419 yards
4 TDs
1 Int

Grads is a pure rookie, he hasn't had two plus years to learn the playbook. He still has a lot to prove but he is off to a great start.

AGREED.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 16, 2006, 12:24:19 AM

McCown
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Take a stand! Go on the record, here and now. Simms or Gradkowski? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools