Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's offical, I'm done with this weak pathetic organization « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
: April 03, 2009, 12:32:10 AM

There are 32 teams in the league, why does everyone think that we have to sign or trade for every big name.  I agree that the Bucs probably screwed up the original trade for Cutler, but I'm glad that we didn't get into this deal.  We cannot afford to give up two 1sts, a 3rd, and a player.  We have way to many holes on defense and still need another WR to be mortgaging that many picks.  Why doesn't everyone stop crying and wait and see how this season goes.  Then wait and see how the team looks in 2-3 seasons.  The plan is to get younger and faster on D, and simplify the offense and put weapons around our QB.  This isn't going to happen overnight, and if you don't want to support your team through thick and thin, then have a nice life.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 02, 2009, 07:08:43 PM

dbuc - realistically what offer would trump 2 1sts, a 3rd, and orton?
GT - I have been waiting for the buccs to get a better than average NFL QB since they joined the league.  I would have given this year's draft, I would have offered the two ones, a three, a qb, another player - whatever.  

At this point there is every reason to be skeptical of this year's team.  Every reason to not buy tickets, not go to the games, not to support the team.  From where I sit (on a couch as I am clearly not a GM) this was a deal the franchise needed.  At this point - well McCown needs to get it done, as there is not a qb in the draft who impresses.  This is beginning to give me reservations about the thought processes being used.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#2 : April 02, 2009, 07:05:59 PM

The more I thought about Cutler the less I wanted him

I think we need to shy away from the Shanahan system QB's

Lets have a good draft struggle this season and start rebulding 2010

#3 : April 02, 2009, 07:05:40 PM

lol how pathetic is this thread
It's still early, we can take it lower I am sure.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 02, 2009, 07:05:02 PM

wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 02, 2009, 07:05:28 PM

how would you like to be a bronco fan today?

why not give up 2 1sts and next year's 2nd?

At this point, I'd have done that in a heartbeat!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 02, 2009, 05:54:15 PM

Notice I said organization.

Are you freaking serious? They traded Kyle freaking Orten and 2 #1's for Jay Cutler and our pansy a$$ front office couldn't best that crap?

Dude I'm out. Worn out and tired of this BS that has become my favorite team. I've lost interest but now I'm just cashed out. You have a chance to get better, get a damn franchise QB and they wuss out. Nice move...

Baghead #2

k_bassuka

Starter

#7 : April 02, 2009, 05:55:47 PM

We don't have a QB woth a starting job.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 02, 2009, 05:56:07 PM

I can't blame you for being angry but Jay Cutler was never coming to Tampa after the plan to get Cassel for a 1st and 3rd for Jay Cutler was botched.

Thank Bill Belicheck for the destruction of that trade if you ask me.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 02, 2009, 05:57:26 PM

We don't have a QB woth a starting job.

Hence why I'm just worn the hell out with everything here in Tampa...

Unbelievable man, unbelievable...

I pray to god I hear what we offered...

You cannot win unless you are willing to lose and we are in the corner crying...

Baghead #2

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 02, 2009, 05:57:43 PM

cya...........just one thing though.   How were the Bucs supposed to beat out this offer from the Bears?   We obviously didn't have a QB they wanted and the Browns didn't have to work a three way trade with us.   They could have just offered a QB and picks to make the deal by themselves.   So tell me how were the Bucs supposed to beat that offer?   Oh and they didn't just give up the 2 firsts.   It's a 3rd too.   The Broncos gave up Cutler and a 5th rounder.  

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 02, 2009, 05:58:47 PM

We had no QB to give to make the deal.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 02, 2009, 06:00:02 PM

So long then cville. What if Cutler flops and McCown actually does well? What then? You just don't know what will happen given the situations. Is Cutler leading the Bears to the Super Bowl? I seriously would like to put some money against it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 02, 2009, 06:01:36 PM

who's your new team?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ShakaBakes

Practice Squad

#14 : April 02, 2009, 06:02:32 PM

yeah....we need to just focus on the draft now....i say a CB either DJ Moore or Vontae Davis
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's offical, I'm done with this weak pathetic organization « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools