Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Please do not Buffalo this draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ironphister

Second String

#30 : January 30, 2007, 11:23:46 AM

no argument here beniro - they surely had a tough time filling when line penetration was non-existent.  no one celebrated the departure of McFarland more than i...

in the end, i don't think Ruud is the guy that has "heir apparent" written all over him either.  that position needs to be extremely athletic for coverage considering what kiffin asks his mlb to do.  Ruud has a better future at Nece's position and Nece has a better future at Brooks's position in my opinion.  we'll see, but i would not sell Cash or Mallard short, and i totally forgot about Winborn - when he figures it out he'll be a nice addition - quite an athlete.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 30, 2007, 11:41:02 AM

Correct.

In 2009 Ruud becomes a RFA.
Wouldn't he be a URFA? That would be after his fourth season.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#32 : January 30, 2007, 11:42:49 AM

no argument here beniro - they surely had a tough time filling when line penetration was non-existent.  no one celebrated the departure of McFarland more than i...

in the end, i don't think Ruud is the guy that has "heir apparent" written all over him either.  that position needs to be extremely athletic for coverage considering what kiffin asks his mlb to do.  Ruud has a better future at Nece's position and Nece has a better future at Brooks's position in my opinion.  we'll see, but i would not sell Cash or Mallard short, and i totally forgot about Winborn - when he figures it out he'll be a nice addition - quite an athlete.

Ruud can be a good MLB, but we need to get some athletic guys around him. I would sell Cash, Mallard, Winborn, and all the other backups short, we need better players than that to have a top defense.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Please do not Buffalo this draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools