Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Down, A Good Option For The Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

: January 29, 2007, 05:03:42 PM

If CJ is still there, and JT isn't, it will probably be our best opportunity to trade down for an xtra day1 pick. He'd likely draw the most interest of any player left.

It'd make the CJ groupies ill, but in the long run we put ourselves in a better position to plug the holes in a sinking ship rather than add another sail...

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 29, 2007, 04:48:29 PM

My ideal 1st & 2nd Round would be

1-Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
2a-Victor Abriami DE Notre Dame
2b-Brandon Merriweather S Miami

Larry Brackins

Starter
#2 : January 29, 2007, 04:42:35 PM

Trade down.
Draft Ginn.

I am wondering where Houston drafts. If it is far enough down I wonder if we could do something where we get Carr in the trade. I know, it's probably far fetched.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BucLord

Starter

#3 : January 29, 2007, 04:43:22 PM

This is retarded, if Jon Gruden trades out of this pick we should all inflict bodily damage upon him

We have an additional 2nd.. We can get CJ, a DE and a safety in rd 2

DO NOT TRADE DOWN !!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 29, 2007, 04:39:56 PM

Right now I am also of the mind that Thomas or Johnson are too valuable to pass up. I think the trade down comes in if the QBs don't go 1-2 like we hope, and we lose the flip.

I agree, we might trade down on either QB but Thomas or Calvin I think are must have players.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 29, 2007, 04:37:12 PM

His idea was to trade down and take Okoye. There are reports that Okoye could be a top five pick after the combine. If you trade down you may not get him.
You might look to trade positions with Arizona who will be desparate for Joe Thomas. They may want to move up to ensure they get him. Maybe not. They may like Levi Brown just as much.

If we are in position to trade with a team wanting Joe Thomas, why wouldn't we just take him ourselves?  I like the Okoye kid, but this stuff is getting silly.

smma

Second String

#6 : January 29, 2007, 04:34:00 PM

His idea was to trade down and take Okoye. There are reports that Okoye could be a top five pick after the combine. If you trade down you may not get him.
You might look to trade positions with Arizona who will be desparate for Joe Thomas. They may want to move up to ensure they get him. Maybe not. They may like Levi Brown just as much.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 29, 2007, 04:28:09 PM

Right now I am also of the mind that Thomas or Johnson are too valuable to pass up. I think the trade down comes in if the QBs don't go 1-2 like we hope, and we lose the flip.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : January 29, 2007, 04:21:57 PM

It's a great idea to trade down. Unfortunately, forget about doing it because it won't happen.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 29, 2007, 04:02:47 PM

My response to the Cummings article is the same today as it was when I read it over the weekend. That is....what scenario is palatable to the Bucs to encourage them to trade down? Trading down always sounds like a good idea until one actually considers how, in any given year, this would be accomplished and keep everyone happy. Right now, there is no logical way to move down.

In my mind, Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are just too good to pass up for any reason. It's not like we have a dearth of picks here. We have 4 first day picks, and one of those is in position to draft a perrenial All Pro. Giving up a shot at an All Pro to pick up an extra second rounder, when we already have two, just seems like overkill.

True, but you could still pick up a starting OT, DE or WR this year early in the 2nd. But I agree, if Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are there, it would be hard to pass up.
Yeah, there's a a huge difference between starting (Clayton, Davis) and All Pro (Owens, Jones). 

#10 : January 29, 2007, 03:48:27 PM

My response to the Cummings article is the same today as it was when I read it over the weekend. That is....what scenario is palatable to the Bucs to encourage them to trade down? Trading down always sounds like a good idea until one actually considers how, in any given year, this would be accomplished and keep everyone happy. Right now, there is no logical way to move down.

In my mind, Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are just too good to pass up for any reason.  It's not like we have a dearth of picks here.  We have 4 first day picks, and one of those is in position to draft a perrenial All Pro.  Giving up a shot at an All Pro to pick up an extra second rounder, when we already have two, just seems like overkill.

True, but you could still pick up a starting OT, DE or WR this year early in the 2nd. But I agree, if Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are there, it would be hard to pass up.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 29, 2007, 03:40:09 PM

In my mind, Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson are just too good to pass up for any reason.  It's not like we have a dearth of picks here.  We have 4 first day picks, and one of those is in position to draft a perrenial All Pro.  Giving up a shot at an All Pro to pick up an extra second rounder, when we already have two, just seems like overkill.

wc24

Second String

#12 : January 29, 2007, 03:36:23 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 29, 2007, 03:27:32 PM

Try using the points system so we don't get ripped off like that.

Yeah, I'm guessing NE takes that trade offer faster than any known trade offer in the world.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 29, 2007, 03:24:11 PM

Ok here we go.....without the whole points system I look at it this way.
Trade the #3 pick in the draft to the New England Patriots....they get Calvin Johnson...the big play WR they have always wanted.

We get their 2 #1's and their #3

Try using the points system so we don't get ripped off like that.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading Down, A Good Option For The Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools