Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: America Becoming Facist STate « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bucsense

Practice Squad

#15 : April 03, 2009, 11:28:58 AM

retarded thread

Nice work bro', I know that quote took a lot of thought, and you must surely need to rest the cranium now. I never thought I'd have the chance to meet a rocket scientist like you....Hey, after you rest up for a while, come on back.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 03, 2009, 11:31:52 AM

retarded thread

Seriously, man.  You represent the Seminole nation.  You've gotta do better than that...

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 03, 2009, 11:56:41 AM

retarded thread

Dr. Lexus: Don't worry scrote! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 03, 2009, 05:48:58 PM

If they are going to get big money from the government to save their companies, then they have to abide by the rules like no big bonuses.

True.  It's no different than a group of investors coming in, buying them and then revamping the way they do business.  Remember, if these companies were actually capable of wiping their own butts they wouldn't be in the position they are.  The Big 3 automakers made up over 50% of the market.  Yet they're folding???  Obviously, they are totally incapable of making sound decisions on their own. 

small difference - a group of investors represents private money - not our tax dollars.  you expecting a dividend when/if these corporations turn it around?  how many shares did you get?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 03, 2009, 08:11:12 PM

If they are going to get big money from the government to save their companies, then they have to abide by the rules like no big bonuses.

True.  It's no different than a group of investors coming in, buying them and then revamping the way they do business.  Remember, if these companies were actually capable of wiping their own butts they wouldn't be in the position they are.  The Big 3 automakers made up over 50% of the market.  Yet they're folding???  Obviously, they are totally incapable of making sound decisions on their own. 

small difference - a group of investors represents private money - not our tax dollars.  you expecting a dividend when/if these corporations turn it around?  how many shares did you get?

I expect not to see a massive tax increase to foot the bill for unemployment and welfare when these companies go under ;)

2bfree

Practice Squad

#20 : April 03, 2009, 10:09:33 PM

The difference is the government has a legal monopoly on the use of force, and the ability to print money when they need it.  They don't have to play by the rules they make everybody else play by.

Need to pull a Jefferson - a little revoluion now and then

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 04, 2009, 10:26:12 AM

The ability to create money will haunt us

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 04, 2009, 11:01:49 AM

The ability to create money will haunt us
Putin has already declared war on the dollar as the international currancy and the ability of America to print fiat money. This fear of the dollar hegemony already has several countrys reducing their dollar reserve's.

This administration and Congress is doing nothing but adding to this fear. 

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 05, 2009, 10:18:00 AM

The way I see it, Obama has until September to blame everything on Bush.

Afterall, Bush (and his people) basically blamed 9/11 on Clinton nine months into his administration.

We'll call it the "Nine Month Bush Exception".

#24 : April 05, 2009, 01:47:35 PM

Afterall, Bush (and his people) basically blamed 9/11 on Clinton nine months into his administration.

Because you think that we're stupid enough to believe that no one ever did it before Bush? Or because it's just a convenient slur to fit your agenda?

Snook

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 05, 2009, 01:59:10 PM

Because you think that we're stupid enough to believe that no one ever did it before Bush? Or because it's just a convenient slur to fit your agenda?

Or does it just not fit YOUR agenda?

Settle down, there buddy.  If you weren't a newbie here, you'd know I hate Republicans and Democrats equally.

People in this country are so stupid that they have no idea its legal for the government to tap our phones... but don't take my AK-47 away!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 05, 2009, 02:00:47 PM

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 05, 2009, 02:12:52 PM

Bush wasn't in the Senate (where the real blame lies) prior to becoming Prez. I don't think Obama should get that pass. The first (failed) bailout might have been while Bush was in office, but Obama (and McCain) were in on the drafting of it (or at least could/should have been).

President Obama might not deserve all the heat, but Senator Obama (and Sen. Clinton, Sen. Biden, Rep. Emanuel et al) certainly do.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 05, 2009, 02:24:48 PM

Bush wasn't in the Senate (where the real blame lies) prior to becoming Prez. I don't think Obama should get that pass. The first (failed) bailout might have been while Bush was in office, but Obama (and McCain) were in on the drafting of it (or at least could/should have been).

President Obama might not deserve all the heat, but Senator Obama (and Sen. Clinton, Sen. Biden, Rep. Emanuel et al) certainly do.

So Obama deserves all the blame for the economy?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 05, 2009, 02:32:02 PM

So Obama deserves all the blame for the economy?

What policies that are negatively effecting the economy now did Obama note "Nay" on while he was in the Senate?

I've asked this to most Obama supporters (which I know you aren't) on here, and have yet to get an answer.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: America Becoming Facist STate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools