Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
: April 05, 2009, 11:09:23 AM

I think you have Brace, Kruger, Smith and Williams going a round later than they actually will.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 05, 2009, 02:21:47 AM

While, I have been absent for the most part since my epic screw up, I have still been reading, just not posting. with all that has transpired here of late in Buccaneer Nation. Here is my seven round mock draft along with undrafted free agent signings.

1. Kenny Britt WR Rutgers - The most physical player on offense adds to the depth and could potential push Michael Clayton along with adding another weapon for whoever is lining up under center.

3. Ron Brace DT Boston College - Not sure the massive wide bodied defensive tackle makes it out of the second round but if he does is a perfect fit

4. Paul Kruger DE Utah - Edge rusher that can also set the edge and play in space decent against the run

5. DeAngelo Smith CB Cincinnati - Solid corner who is physical

6. Jason Williams LB Western Illinois - Fast rangy linebacker that has pop

7. Terrace Knighton DT Temple - Mammoth interior player that can anchor and move the pocket

7. Cornelius Lewis OT Tennesse State - Has upside and could be a swing tackle needs time to develop

7. Marcus Benard DE Jackson State - 24 sacks in 23 games edge rusher extraordinaire

Undrafted FA signings
Gregory Toler CB St Pauls
Willie Williams LB Union
Marquez Branson FB/TE Central Arkansas 
Dudley Guice WR Northwestern State
Marlon Lucky RB Nebraska
Anthony Scirrotto S Penn State
Cedric Dockery G Texas
Drew Willy QB Buffalo

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 05, 2009, 02:25:39 AM

Britt is not sexy enough man.

If Bucs go WR, and Harvin is available, they better draft him.  I decided to change my mind, and think this is the way to go.  Cannot afford to miss out on a playmaker.  Harvin has some jukes, some lateral burst, football ability.  He can play ball...

I was worried about his placement on the X and O chart, but guys like that seem to make impacts in the NFL.  Too good to pass up.  Guy has some flaws, but he is a really talented athlete, and has produced on a high level given the chance.  I think it translates.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 05, 2009, 02:30:02 AM

Boid - While Britt is not a sexy pick for the masses, he is exactly what the team wants as far as a violent and physical player, while Harvin is an explosive playmaker the team has got to find out what they have in Jackson as a receiver before gambling on another gimmicky type player. It will be interesting none the less come draft day to see what direction Morris and Dominik go in there first draft.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 05, 2009, 02:39:50 AM

Boid - While Britt is not a sexy pick for the masses, he is exactly what the team wants as far as a violent and physical player, while Harvin is an explosive playmaker the team has got to find out what they have in Jackson as a receiver before gambling on another gimmicky type player. It will be interesting none the less come draft day to see what direction Morris and Dominik go in there first draft.
They have Clayton for the violence.

That term is getting annoying man.  Almost like a way to make fun of Coach Rah, IMO...I digress...

The Bucs sorely lack playmakers.  Guys who can deliver "touchdowns", as Rah also said.  If Harvin is there, and Britt is there, and they skip Harvin for Britt, I will be disappointed.  Harvin provides shiftiness and speed.  Clayton can go about blasting dudes all day.  If the offense is going "ckeckdown...touchdown", the Bucs need to land playmakers, or at least hope they do.  Harvin would be a great add for that dimension.  In checkdown mode, he can burn a corner for some yardage, or has shown the ability to.  In touchdown mode, he has some good football speed.

The BUcs have Gilmore, Askew, Graham, Trueblood, Sears, Penn, Joseph, K2, Clayton...they need more qickness and football skills, IMO.  Harvin should be the clear cut guy.  If available, of course. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 05, 2009, 02:47:29 AM

Who says Britt isn't a playmaker?  Britt + Bryant could be our Q & Fitz.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 05, 2009, 02:50:57 AM

Who says Britt isn't a playmaker? Britt + Bryant could be our Q & Fitz.
Harvin and Bryant could not?

Britt is physical, big target.  So is Clayton.

Time to move away from that mindset.  Get a guy who might have big time shift to him.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : April 05, 2009, 02:54:44 AM

So you have the team taking a defensive tackle and defensive end who could go as early as the late 1st and no later than mid-2nd in the 3rd and 4th rounds?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 05, 2009, 02:57:59 AM

Britt has averaged 17 yards per reception, while Harvin has averaged 14 yards per reception, both are playmakers they just go about it in different ways, also you have got to think about the future, if Bryant bombs and you draft Harvin is he a true number one receiver? I like both players, just think Britt fits better into what the team is trying to accomplish.

Players drop every year and other creep up, it is a crap shoot, just went with the consensus after looking at different draft projections.

Oliver Goldsmith

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 05, 2009, 02:59:34 AM

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2008/11/you_make_the_call_is_rutgers_b.html

I love the comps to Crabtree.  That is downright laughable.  He seems to be a "garbage time" highlight reel...

Harvin played on a team loaded with talent, in a football conference loaded with defenders with supreme skills.  And he made big plays happen.

IMO only, Harvin >>> Britt.  Not even close.

Bucs have enough physicality on the team in the skill positions.  Time to add some burst.  Crackback blocks are pretty, but I would rather see Harvin speeding away from a defender as he puts the team in scoring position with one quick play...

Downfield.  Touchdown...THEN checkdown.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#10 : April 05, 2009, 03:00:35 AM

Britt has averaged 17 yards per reception, while Harvin has averaged 14 yards per reception, both are playmakers they just go about it in different ways, also you have got to think about the future, if Bryant bombs and you draft Harvin is he a true number one receiver? I like both players, just think Britt fits better into what the team is trying to accomplish.

Players drop every year and other creep up, it is a crap shoot, just went with the consensus after looking at different draft projections.

Defensive tackles are at a premium this year, and Brace is a prototype nose tackle and the best one in the draft as well. Kruger is a dream for 3-4 defenses as he can play ILB, OLB,  or in a 4-3 play both DE spots. Those guys are not going to drop, I guarantee that.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#11 : April 05, 2009, 03:03:04 AM

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2008/11/you_make_the_call_is_rutgers_b.html

I love the comps to Crabtree.  That is downright laughable.  He seems to be a garbage time highlight reel...

Harvin played on a team loaded with talent, in a football conference loaded with defenders with supreme skills.  And he made big plays happen.

IMO only, Harvin >>> Britt.  Not even close.

They are different types of receivers. Britt reminds me of Plaxico Burress because of his frame and ability.. Harvin reminds me more of Chad Johnson, Both are going to be good players IMO. I still believe that when its all said and done, Hakeem Nicks(He is T.O. without the bull**CENSORED**) ends up the best wideout from this draft.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 05, 2009, 03:05:30 AM

Remember, athe Bucs have Clayton, Stovall, and Gilmore running routes downfield.  And K2 can lay a hellacious crackback as well.  And then they have Dexter Jackson with straight line speed, Paris Warren, and uh...not much in the wideout hypothetical playmakin department.  I fail to see how Harvin would be a giant failure in the NFL.  He would be, at worst, a useable football player with some ability to seperate.  He might not be...but the draft is a giant B.S. fest, for the most part.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 05, 2009, 03:08:14 AM

I love the comps to Crabtree. �That is downright laughable. �He seems to be a garbage time highlight reel...

Harvin played on a team loaded with talent, in a football conference loaded with defenders with supreme skills. �And he made big plays happen.

IMO only, Harvin >>> Britt. �Not even close.

...when its all said and done, Hakeem Nicks(He is T.O. without the bull**CENSORED**) ends up the best wideout from this draft.
Big time claim there.  Personally, I would prefer Nicks over Britt.  Agree with you there.

T.O. with no B.S.?  He would be the greatest wideout to ever play in the NFL.  Are you willing to make that claim?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#14 : April 05, 2009, 03:18:24 AM

Dude Im with Boid.

Harvin > Britt not even close.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools