Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 05, 2009, 03:36:09 AM

If we dont draft defense I will be very upset. Unless it is Josh Freeman

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 05, 2009, 03:46:13 AM

Yeah, I rather go defense.

I mean we already have Bryant and Winslow to throw too...not to mention giving Clayton a big contract.

I think the pick should be the best player available between QB, DT, DE, and CB.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#17 : April 05, 2009, 04:15:10 AM

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2008/11/you_make_the_call_is_rutgers_b.html

I love the comps to Crabtree. �That is downright laughable. �He seems to be a garbage time highlight reel...

Harvin played on a team loaded with talent, in a football conference loaded with defenders with supreme skills. �And he made big plays happen.

IMO only, Harvin >>> Britt. �Not even close.

...when its all said and done, Hakeem Nicks(He is T.O. without the bull**CENSORED**) ends up the best wideout from this draft.
Big time claim there.  Personally, I would prefer Nicks over Britt.  Agree with you there.

T.O. with no B.S.?  He would be the greatest wideout to ever play in the NFL.  Are you willing to make that claim?

Nicks is a gamebreaker. I'm very high on him.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : April 05, 2009, 04:18:44 AM

T.O. with no BS is complete hyperbole. T.O. is one of the greatest WR's of all time statistically.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#19 : April 05, 2009, 04:19:50 AM

T.O. with no a subject for debate is complete hyperbole. T.O. is one of the greatest WR's of all time statistically.

I exaggerated a bit with the T.O. comparison. I see Nicks production and impact in the NFL similar to Anquan Boldin.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 05, 2009, 05:52:45 AM

Love, love, love the Kruger pick!

#21 : April 05, 2009, 08:54:28 AM

Love, love, love the Kruger pick!

Brace Kruger off the board by mid third...we pick closer to the end of the third

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 05, 2009, 09:59:27 AM

Well the situation would be that Britt is the more physical guy, Nicks I think showed up to his pro day out of shape or something, but Harvin is a much better RB than either of them. 

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 05, 2009, 10:03:10 AM

Much rather have Harvin. Britt isn't the type to take a 5 yard slant for a touchdown. We desperately need that and Britt does not give us that option. Plus, we have like 3 big body WRs on our current roster so the need for him b/c moot.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 05, 2009, 01:02:18 PM

The other recievers in the 1st that can do that are Heyward-Bey and Maclin and Maclin will be gone and Heyward Bey is later 1st round.
IMO at 19 the BPA as well as BWRA will be Harvin and what he can do with the ball is something else, and we need that.
If we take a WR round 1 it should be and probably will be Harvin IMO.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 05, 2009, 01:19:52 PM

I think the pick should be the best player available between QB, DT, DE, and CB.

I think you eliminate the limitations by position with the exception of one or two and just take BPA. If a WR is the BPA that should be the pick. If it's another position with the possible exception of TE and OG then that should be the pick.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 05, 2009, 01:26:16 PM

It depends on who has the most input in the war room.

Bates will want DL.
Morris will probably lean DL or QB
Jags might want Britt over Harvin, not sure.
The Glazers will absolutely want Harvin over Britt.  Britt = guy most fans have never heard of, Harvin = ticket sales!!!
Dominick will think "which of the above signs my checks?"

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 05, 2009, 01:36:11 PM

I agree with Yucs, I think Britt is a great choice to challenge for a job on our WR group. Harvin is a great player in his own but I think Britt is a better pick. He is a pure WR unlike Harvin's tweener mentality. He has all the size to pick balls out of the air over CB's. As for the rest of the draft, i love the picks but I also agree with alot of other people that they most likely won't be there. I do feel that Jason Williams will be a huge steal though

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 05, 2009, 01:37:18 PM

Not a big Britt fan... not a fan of any WR in the first round to be honest.  I am no draft guru but it seems you can pick out so many of these middle of R1 WR that never pan out.. I think the only WR worth taking in R1 are the cant miss type like CJ was a few years ago.

With that said, I do not like Harvin at all because I am more of a "traditional" football guy, I like to be able to write someone into the lineup and know where they are gonna line up.  Just not a huge fan of the new age tweener type of player... JMO, Harvin could turn out to be a gamebreaker, but I dont like taking tweeners in R1.

I personally think the Bucs need to be looking strictly defensive front 7 with this pick

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 05, 2009, 01:42:23 PM

Assuming you disliked Chris Johnson of the Titans as well - another guy who can play two or three positions....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools