Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 05, 2009, 01:50:05 PM »

Damn Yuccs this is one of the better mock drafts I have seen. However Britt is considered a late first rounder early second if we wanted him try to trade down and earn an extra pick in the process. He kind of reminds me of Brandon Marshall big receiver who wants to KO the defenders or maybe a keyshawn Johnson.

jvato24

Starter

« #31 : April 05, 2009, 02:00:12 PM »

If we do not re-sign Michael Clayton ... THe Britt pick is a good one ..  but with Clayton and Britt having similar games it might be a waste ...    If we already know we have no interest in re-signing Bryant after this season .  Maybe Britt is the pick           ...    But the Offense must find explosion .. whether its Harvin in the first or someone later on

Paul Kruger is a good pick ...   But he is ticketed as a mid-round 2nd pick ..  His stock may be dropping ...  But not much past the late 3rd round

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
« #32 : April 05, 2009, 03:05:48 PM »

I just dont see the Bucs going WR Round 1.  Our defensive line is just too mediocre for it not to receive attention with our first pick.  We have 1 solid player on dline- Adams and he looked mediocre at best last season. The guy needs to develop more moves than just trying to run around a tackle.  Hovan is getting old and ran out of gas towards end of year tho he has a tireless work ethic and is a solid leader, and Simms at DT and Wilkerson/White at DE are good backup/situational players but are not starters for a playoff team. Sorry.  A quick peak at what the Giants have assembled on the dline, the Steelers pass rush, the assembly of 1st round picks the Pats have on Dline, and how much Skins paid for Haynesworth should illustrate how important that position is to a team's success- far more important than a 3rd receiving option (after Bryant and Winslow) would be on a "run first" offense.

However, I could see them taking Wallace from Ole Miss in Round 3 if he is still there tho I think he will be gone by the time our pick rolls around in Round 3 which is why I'd really love to see us trade down into bottom of Round 1/top of Round 2.  Players who run fast 40 times always go earlier than people expect come draft day.  Read where Yamon Figurs, Donnie Avery ,and Chris Johnson were projected to go vs. where they were actually selected.  Wallace can flat at fly and really raised his level of play in the second half of the season. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 05, 2009, 03:39:59 PM »

The Glazers will absolutely want Harvin over Britt.  Britt = guy most fans have never heard of, Harvin = ticket sales!!!
Dominick will think "which of the above signs my checks?"

See right there is a great example, we just want to sell tickets, make money and not worry about what is going to get the bucs to win. Pittsburgh pirates of the NFL boys, the Pittsburgh freaking pirates!

Considering our roster and the fact we have holes nearly across the board, take the BPA please...Maybe we get lucky and hit a homer.

Baghead #2

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #34 : April 05, 2009, 03:45:23 PM »

This would be a perfect draft Yucc.

But I think thats where the problem is and thats why I agree with some of the above posters that getting Brace and Krueger in the 3rd and 4th rounds respectively is a little far fetched. (I think they will be gone by then)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 05, 2009, 03:52:37 PM »

Britt seems like a nice player, but does anyone think he is top 20 talent?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #36 : April 05, 2009, 03:57:29 PM »

Nobody I've come across.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #37 : April 05, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »

Nobody I've come across.

I think Britt is a 1st round talent. The receiver class this year is one of the best we have seen in recent history. He would be a higher pick if there wasnt Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, and maybe even Heyward-Bey over him. I think Miami with the 25th pick is as high as he goes.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #38 : April 05, 2009, 04:09:36 PM »

Nobody I've come across.

I think Britt is a 1st round talent. The receiver class this year is one of the best we have seen in recent history. He would be a higher pick if there wasnt Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, and maybe even Heyward-Bey over him. I think Miami with the 25th pick is as high as he goes.

That's the point.  Britt isn't top-20 talent, meaning there are at least 20 players better than him, specifically 5 WR's.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #39 : April 05, 2009, 04:11:23 PM »

Nobody I've come across.

That's the point.  Britt isn't top-20 talent, meaning there are at least 20 players better than him, specifically 5 WR's.

Oh I'm with you on that one. Receiver is deep this year and I wouldn't take any of them at pick 19, especially considering we used our 2nd to get a pass-catcher already. I want the team to trade down and pick up English, Hood, Brace, or Alphonso Smith.

dodda45

Starter
« #40 : April 05, 2009, 10:05:33 PM »

I'm tired of everyone claiming that the good teams only draft d-line...The Steelers just won a SuperBowl with a 1st round QB throwing to his 1st round receiver...The Patriots pick running and QBs in the first round...You take the BPA, period...The Steelers are masters at finding value later in the draft and developing them...

Since Sapp, we have been trying to find 1st round talents on the d-line and the results have been poor...Jones, Upshaw, McFarland and Gaines (he still has time but is not looking like a top-4 pick yet)...We have been able to get decent to very good players on the line in later round players or through FA (Rice, Wymms, Spires, Hovan, Culpepper, White, Wilkerson)...That does not mean we don't pick d-line if the guy is the BPA but to keep stating that this is the only way to build a winner is wrong...Screw need...We need BPA in the first round!  You address your needs in the later rounds and FA (did we even participate in that?).

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 05, 2009, 10:12:43 PM »

While, I have been absent for the most part since my epic screw up, I have still been reading, just not posting. with all that has transpired here of late in Buccaneer Nation. Here is my seven round mock draft along with undrafted free agent signings.

1. Kenny Britt WR Rutgers - The most physical player on offense adds to the depth and could potential push Michael Clayton along with adding another weapon for whoever is lining up under center.

Why would you draft a WR from Rutgers?  What have they ever done?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #42 : April 05, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »

While, I have been absent for the most part since my epic screw up, I have still been reading, just not posting. with all that has transpired here of late in Buccaneer Nation. Here is my seven round mock draft along with undrafted free agent signings.

1. Kenny Britt WR Rutgers - The most physical player on offense adds to the depth and could potential push Michael Clayton along with adding another weapon for whoever is lining up under center.

Why would you draft a WR from Rutgers? What have they ever done?
What school did Jerry Rice go to again?  Or T.O.?  What have wideouts from Marshall ever done?

You never know man...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : April 05, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »

You never know for sure - but there is not possible to say the kid didn't excel at Rutgers...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/kenny-britt?id=71217

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 05, 2009, 10:26:48 PM »

What QB did the Patriots draft in the first in the last 10 years? Besides that I am with you. This draft should be BPA. We really should trade down if we ca and add a second round pick.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools