Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

LFO

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 06, 2009, 11:18:48 AM

FRG,

I wasn't saying that because I believed it....I am of the belief that each player should be judged on his own merit, not what others have done at his school before him.

I only said that about Britt because in another thread yucc argued against Harvin because "no UF WR has ever done anything in the NFL."  I found it interesting then here he picked Britt from Rutgers.....I'm guessing no Rutgers WR has ever been big in the NFL.  I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy.  I don't think Britt's fate will be based around what prior Rutgers WR have done just as Percy's won't be because of former UF WR...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 06, 2009, 11:36:15 AM

FRG,

I wasn't saying that because I believed it....I am of the belief that each player should be judged on his own merit, not what others have done at his school before him.

I only said that about Britt because in another thread yucc argued against Harvin because "no UF WR has ever done anything in the NFL."  I found it interesting then here he picked Britt from Rutgers.....I'm guessing no Rutgers WR has ever been big in the NFL.  I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy.  I don't think Britt's fate will be based around what prior Rutgers WR have done just as Percy's won't be because of former UF WR...
While every prospect is his own prospect, with small school prospects you have to determine if they look good because they're playing against lesser competition or because they're genuinely good. Asking yourself why a seemingly good player is at a small school is part of the evaluation process and may of the successful small school players often have extenuating circumstances, i.e. Ben Roethlisberger's coach's son was a year older that Roth so Roth didn't get to play at all until his senior year when most big schools already had their targets identified.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 06, 2009, 11:42:19 AM

I agree....but that's a completely different point than what I was arguing. I wasn't arguing ability based on competition, I was arguing judging a player based on what prior players at his school have done.  There is a difference.

botosnipa

Rookie

#63 : April 06, 2009, 08:58:05 PM

Who says Britt isn't a playmaker?  Britt + Bryant could be our Q & Fitz.

You have to be kidding me...  April Fools was a week ago.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yuccs Final Mock Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools