Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio jokingly says Bucs will have 0-16 season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16

rowdie

Hall of Famer

: April 06, 2009, 01:06:55 PM

I see no reason in what you wrote for not expecting a playoff game.
Let's say you're making a cake. You buy all these great ingredients and mix them up so they look really good. Then you leave it in the oven too long. Now it doesn't matter how the cake looked an hour ago. You've gone past the point of no return. Your cake will never be the way it was unless you get new ingredients and start again.

Right, but you didn't use up all your ingredient making the first cake and the few that you need to pick up are readily available at the corner market.

Plus you hopefully are now a better chef or have found one to help out.

As far as young talent, I'm not sure all five guys along the oline shouldn't count, is Ruud old yet?� T. Jax?� Have we given up on Adams?
They're just a bunch of guys. Virtually every team in the league has players that good. To compare the young players on the 2008 Bucs to what they had in 1997 is laughable.

Wait, so you're not arguing that any of the guys listed doesn't qualify for young talent? You're going to come up with more then 8 guys from 1997?  

Money also means you can keep the guys you want to keep. The big point is, there's no using it as an excuse.
Who should they have kept? No, not having money is not an excuse, but not having players on the market worth signing is.

They could have kept anyone they wanted. Why ask me? I'm not saying I could do a better job, we're talking about what we should reasonably expect. Or if a play off game is too much to expect.

If I'm the standard then they could have me for a cool million  year, plus benefits. Srsly, if the bucs hire me feel free to expect no wins.

Did you not just list guys that were available? So surely there are/were guys worth picking up.

I'd bottom line it like this, the only valid reason for a step back this season from last is the loss of monte kiffen. That even if his replacement turns out to be as good it's highly unlikely he could get that changed over in less then a year.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 06, 2009, 12:57:58 PM

No, I'd have posted it as well. I'm not so sure Florio is joking. 0-16 is a distinct possibility.

You're a disgrace to Buc fans all over the world.  PATHETIC!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 06, 2009, 12:58:48 PM

i think the bucs are more likely to win the superbowl than go 0-16, which is saying alot.  we are not 9 wins worse than last year, despite all the turnover and inexperience.  talent-wise we are better on offense than we have been at any point in the glazer era (considering how little garcia brought to the table, there isn't much that qualifies as a downgrade from his 2008 form at QB; meanwhile we're ahead where we've ever been in terms of RBs, passcatchers, and OL), and although i don't know if we'll be a top 15 defense this year, i think we can control the ball to mitigate the risk there.

0-16 required a talent-starved roster, one of the most ineffective coordinator duos in history, a horrible o-line, multiple injuries at the QB position from an already mediocre situation, and the ingrained culture of losing that had them sailing against the wind before the first snap of the season.

the only teams poised for that perfect storm this year are the lions, raiders, and possibly bengals

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 06, 2009, 03:03:45 AM

Unlike the Redskins and Browns, the Buccaneers don't have much in the way of a fallback without Cutler.

Unless Brian Griese emerges as the winner of a three-way competition against Luke McCown and Josh Johnson, the Bucs could be in the unenviable position of having a first-time head coach, a first-time GM and a first-time starting quarterback.

The good news? Thanks to the 2008 Lions, the Bucs don't have to worry about having the first 0-16 season.

Looking ahead, the best way to replenish the quarterback spot might be to get in position to draft for Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow in 2010.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=534567

kmitchell

Starter

#4 : April 06, 2009, 03:11:50 AM

Cyberdude would be the one person on this entire MB to post this..

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 06, 2009, 03:22:38 AM

No, I'd have posted it as well.   I'm not so sure Florio is joking.  0-16 is a distinct possibility.

kmitchell

Starter

#6 : April 06, 2009, 03:25:11 AM

No, I'd have posted it as well.   I'm not so sure Florio is joking.  0-16 is a distinct possibility.

To compare us to the 0-16 Lions is ridiculous, I'm not even sure why you are a fan of this team. You honestly think 0-16 is a distinct possibility? McCown has shown the ability to win games as a Buc, when the starters play, he absolutely lit up the Saints defense, who we play twice a year. He lit them up without Ward, Winslow, and Bryant.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 06, 2009, 03:36:07 AM

No, I'd have posted it as well. I'm not so sure Florio is joking. 0-16 is a distinct possibility.

To compare us to the 0-16 Lions is ridiculous, I'm not even sure why you are a fan of this team. You honestly think 0-16 is a distinct possibility? McCown has shown the ability to win games as a Buc, when the starters play, he absolutely lit up the Saints defense, who we play twice a year. He lit them up without Ward, Winslow, and Bryant.

That's the problem. The Saints arnt exactly the team to judge talent against. They make lots of QBs look like the next Elway.

Also other than a few deep passes (1 a TD and another an INT), most of McCowns throws were under 10 yards. The Saints couldnt tackle anyone that day and the recievers broke lose many times.

Also that game would have been a loss if it wasn't for Sean Payton and Reggie Bush trying to look cute.

kmitchell

Starter

#8 : April 06, 2009, 03:38:08 AM

That's the problem. The Saints arnt exactly the team to judge talent against. They make lots of QBs look like the next Elway.

Also other than a few deep passes (1 a TD and another an INT), most of McCowns throws were under 10 yards. The Saints couldnt tackle anyone that day and the recievers broke lose many times.

Also that game would have been a loss if it wasn't for Sean Payton and Reggie Bush trying to look cute.

It doesn't change the fact that we still play them twice, and have a good chance of winning at least 1. We also have 14 other games for you fake fans to call a loss in April.

You seem to forget that McCown started 15-15 against them.

What do you expect from a Gruden offense than a bunch of short throws and an occasional deep pass (which he absolutely threw to perfection to Galloway)?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 06, 2009, 03:38:31 AM

If we go 0-16 we will have the 1st draft pick so whatever, goes toward the rebuilding.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 06, 2009, 03:45:55 AM

Has there ever been a first-time coach, a first-time GM, and a first-time QB?

It just boggles my mind that this franchise seems to not want anyone with experience.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 06, 2009, 03:56:21 AM

It just boggles my mind that this franchise seems to not want anyone with experience.

The Glazers made sure they went with experience in Bates.   Plus they still have Ronde.

#12 : April 06, 2009, 07:21:43 AM

Unlike the Redskins and Browns, the Buccaneers don't have much in the way of a fallback without Cutler.

Unless Brian Griese emerges as the winner of a three-way competition against Luke McCown and Josh Johnson, the Bucs could be in the unenviable position of having a first-time head coach, a first-time GM and a first-time starting quarterback.

The good news? Thanks to the 2008 Lions, the Bucs don't have to worry about having the first 0-16 season.

Looking ahead, the best way to replenish the quarterback spot might be to get in position to draft for Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow in 2010.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=534567

LOL let the jokes begin

as I said before I hope people come back this time next season and call me out....but I dont see roses this season....just a lot of turds

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 06, 2009, 07:45:12 AM

This scenario guarantees Failure

Sincerely;

The 2008 Atlanta Falcons

#14 : April 06, 2009, 07:48:54 AM

The Falcons also had a bad season before hand and had a chance to get a top flite QB
This scenario guarantees Failure

Sincerely;

The 2008 Atlanta Falcons
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio jokingly says Bucs will have 0-16 season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools