Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio jokingly says Bucs will have 0-16 season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#15 : April 06, 2009, 09:12:25 AM

To seriously believe that the Bucs could go winless this season suggests that one, you don't know anything about the Bucs, and two, you don't know much about football.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 06, 2009, 09:16:57 AM

To seriously believe that the Bucs could go winless this season suggests that one, you don't know anything about the Bucs, and two, you don't know much about football.

I suggested the Lions might go 0-16 last year and people said the same thing.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#17 : April 06, 2009, 09:26:30 AM

The Lions and the Bucs are not close talent-wise, not to mention the Lions' terrible management. We still have a lot of turnover from a team that should've probably won atleast 11 games.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#18 : April 06, 2009, 09:27:18 AM

With a new QB, Head Coach, Offensive & Defensive coordinators, new starters on Offense and Defense, it's true, I don't know much about this team. I'll wait and see how things turn out but i'm not overly optimistic.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 06, 2009, 09:31:25 AM

The Lions and the Bucs are not close talent-wise, not to mention the Lions' terrible management. We still have a lot of turnover from a team that should've probably won atleast 11 games.

The Lions might actually have more talent than the Bucs.   Coach Gruden worked wonders for last year's Buc team to win 9 games.   Gruden isn't here to work his magic this year.   So 0-16 isn't completely out of the question.  Unlikely?  sure.   But not impossible.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 06, 2009, 09:33:37 AM

Gruden always produces winning teams even with adversity.

Sincerely;

The 2003, 2004, and 2006 Bucs

techstar25

Starter

#21 : April 06, 2009, 09:34:24 AM

To expand on that...
If you know the Bucs, you know they have an above average offensive line (with five returning starters, and good depth). And if you know football, you know that's where everything starts - with a solid line.
That's the difference between the Bucs and 0-16.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 06, 2009, 09:37:37 AM

To expand on that...
If you know the Bucs, you know they have an above average offensive line (with five returning starters, and good depth). And if you know football, you know that's where everything starts - with a solid line.
That's the difference between the Bucs and 0-16.

Cant say that about the defensive line though. The defense was ranked 29th in the league if you count only the last 4 games (31st in rushing defense). And we've done NOTHING to upgrade that unit.

BucFanSince76

Second String

#23 : April 06, 2009, 09:37:47 AM

You can look down the tracks and see the train coming. Raheem Morris is the engineer shouting  "We gonna score touchdowns." I can feel the excitement. Unfortunately I can feel the amount of FAIL this team is going to generate.  Excitement does not win football games.

Raheem Morris sounds like the dumb version of Sam Wyche.  We have more talent than back then though. We won't go 0-16, probably more like 5-11. I would hope all you Gruden haters get what you ask for but I don't wish that on the team supporters..like me.  :'(

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 06, 2009, 09:39:13 AM

Has there ever been a first-time coach, a first-time GM, and a first-time QB?

It just boggles my mind that this franchise seems to not want anyone with experience.

We are the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NFL bro. Though you knew...

Baghead #2

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 06, 2009, 09:45:16 AM

The chances of us becoming the detroit lions in 2009 is slim to none. No one knows what we have on this team, no one in the media has a clue... Apparently Java and Cyber listen to the talking heads too much.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 06, 2009, 09:45:35 AM

If you actually think the Lions have more talent you know nothing about football.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#27 : April 06, 2009, 09:46:44 AM

Hahaha... the Gruden-1st Bucs distant second types are already rooting for an 0-16 and utter and complete failure.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 06, 2009, 09:49:37 AM

Raheem Morris sounds like the dumb version of Sam Wyche. �

I think he's more a mix of Ray Perkins (we're gonna be tough and wear pads in practice all the time) and Richard Williamson (the players love me).    Wyche was FAR superior to Morris in every way imaginable.   Wyche was a darn good coach - in the wrong place at the wrong time back then.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#29 : April 06, 2009, 09:51:40 AM

We are going to make the playoffs this year. Watch it happen guys. Heard it here first.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Florio jokingly says Bucs will have 0-16 season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools