Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You want a DT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

: April 06, 2009, 10:14:37 PM

Lets wait till next year to get our guy

Terrance Cody nicknamed "mount" Cody....The kid has the makings to be the next fridge

The heck with 6'1 290 lb DT lets get a guy who is gonna be a nightmare on that DL

This is your type of guy coach Bates

He even plays some offense a la Fridge

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 06, 2009, 10:17:15 PM

No....Bradford and McCoy next year....go with English this year.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#2 : April 06, 2009, 10:19:46 PM

I think we find out how good McCown can be this year and grab BPA this year. If McCown does a good job it might be a good idea to grab a DT next year.

#3 : April 06, 2009, 10:20:37 PM

go with English this year.

Navy,
No offense but we dont need a 3-4 OLB

PoorRichard

Starter

#4 : April 06, 2009, 10:27:32 PM

No....Bradford and McCoy next year....go with English this year.

I may be willing to conced a little ground on Bradford (although he is not strong in the pocket), but McCoy?? I'll take Tebow over McCoy everyday. McCoy doesn't have the big league arm.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 06, 2009, 10:52:26 PM

Waiting for nextyears prospects is laughable, IMO.

Too much can happen between now and then to consider NEXT years draft, when their are a lot of question marks concerning THIS one.

Tampa is going to get GOUGED this year.  I find it almost quite stunning that so many of you do not think the DTs unit is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR issue with the BUcs.  There is absolutely NOTHING good about what they are going in with.  I mean NOTHING.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 06, 2009, 10:54:32 PM

Considering the scheme.

The role of Bates' DTs

And the physical talents of the DTs currently on the roster.

I'm not in suicide mode quite like that yet.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 06, 2009, 10:59:31 PM

I thought he meant Gerald McCoy, Sooners DT.

That guy is awesome.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 06, 2009, 11:25:28 PM

But I like to watch the team perform, and entertain me. Not disspoint, and irritate me...espescially since I am not a coach, or talent evaluator, and I think I know the BUcs are thin at DT.

When they start getting hammered on by the other teams ground game, you will all be crying for a DT. Trust that.
Everyone knows DT is a problem. But when your interior line has been neglected for as long as the Bucs' has, it's not going to get fixed overnight barring a Haloti Ngata-type player falling to you. Most people understand it may take a little bit to fix it.
I do understand that.  So I think if Peria is available at 19, I think the Bucs vulture on him.  Regardless of how sexy the pick is, or not.

The FO cannot be pleased with the shape of the DTs...and I could care less about what Bates thinks.  He needs players.  He has Moore and SIms as the 20 pounders.  Time to add some pocket collapsing to his 1 gap schemes.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 06, 2009, 11:17:50 PM

Considering the scheme.

The role of Bates' DTs

And the physical talents of the DTs currently on the roster.

I'm not in suicide mode quite like that yet.
I would never be over a ball game.

But I like to watch the team perform, and entertain me.  Not disspoint, and irritate me...espescially since I am not a coach, or talent evaluator, and I think I know the BUcs are thin at DT.

When they start getting hammered on by the other teams ground game, you will all be crying for a DT.  Trust that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 06, 2009, 11:18:50 PM

Cody, as well as McCoy, is a good prospect. But you always have two DT's on the field at the same time so there is no reason not to try and address the position this year and still be able to target one of those guys next year.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 06, 2009, 11:21:11 PM

But I like to watch the team perform, and entertain me.  Not disspoint, and irritate me...espescially since I am not a coach, or talent evaluator, and I think I know the BUcs are thin at DT.

When they start getting hammered on by the other teams ground game, you will all be crying for a DT.  Trust that.
Everyone knows DT is a problem. But when your interior line has been neglected for as long as the Bucs' has, it's not going to get fixed overnight barring a Haloti Ngata-type player falling to you. Most people understand it may take a little bit to fix it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 06, 2009, 11:27:32 PM

I was disappointed when he didn't declare this year.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 06, 2009, 11:32:22 PM

pocket collapsing to his 1 gap schemes.

Bates doesnt want that except in obvious passing situations.

His whole scheme basically revolves around the DTs waiting for the RBs to run to them.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 06, 2009, 11:36:13 PM

pocket collapsing to his 1 gap schemes.

That is laughable. I mean, it would be all nice and dandy, but runners usually do not run into the arms of DTs.  And the BUcs DTs are probably the worst group he has ever worked with, and that is me being honest.

Bates doesnt want that except in obvious passing situations.

His whole scheme basically revolves around the DTs waiting for the RBs to run to them.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You want a DT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools