Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You want a DT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 07, 2009, 10:10:18 PM

If only Jerry would have came out a few years ago.....

#46 : April 08, 2009, 08:58:24 AM

If only Jerry would have came out a few years ago.....

He would be a Buc

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 08, 2009, 01:58:44 PM

I don't really see Jerry as the right fit here. If Monte were still around, yes.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 08, 2009, 02:29:58 PM

Size doesn't mean strength. Sims isn't going to start magically holding ground because the scheme is different, OL's effortlessly pushed him into the secondary on run plays last year.

Sims was shooting gaps last season.

or taking on double teams when he played nose.

He's going to be engaging almost heads up this season.

Completely changes things.

We'll have to agree to disagree in this one. The Sims I saw only held his ground at the LOS on passing plays, when he was supposed to be moving forward. I'll believe he's good when he shows the ability to do something besides exposing our LB's to the opposing OL..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 08, 2009, 04:27:05 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree in this one. The Sims I saw only held his ground at the LOS on passing plays, when he was supposed to be moving forward. I'll believe he's good when he shows the ability to do something besides exposing our LB's to the opposing OL..

The Sims that was an epic flop for KC was asked to hold his ground on running plays and got eaten alive. He's just not good at doing anything you ask him to do.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#50 : April 08, 2009, 04:29:15 PM

how bout lets see what McCown or Johnson have before saying lets draft one next year?

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 08, 2009, 11:21:05 PM

The Sims that was an epic flop for KC was asked to hold his ground on running plays and got eaten alive. He's just not good at doing anything you ask him to do.
Agree with that.

Having him and Julius Peppers together might change things...lol...

Sims is a titanic fat boy.  If Bates requires this kind of DT to compliment his scheme, he is going to have his worst defensive ranking in his entire career.  Sims is not that good.  Not good in run support.  Not good as a pocket collapser.  He is good for giving the starter a few plays off, however.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You want a DT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools