Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'DA BEARS « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 03, 2006, 07:31:13 PM

I wish we still had Griese! I'd feel a lot better about the rest of the season with Griese at the helm instead of Gradkowski. I'm not knocking Grads, but he is a rookie. I don't see him taking us to the playoffs unless our Defense turns it on!! As far as Da Bears, they look great. Seattle is a very good time even without Shawn Alexander, and Chicago destroyed them.

We are better off without Greise.  Griese was an INT machine.  Simms was an improvement over him, and Grads will prove to be an improvement over Simms.  It'll take a couple of games, but we'll all be feeling pretty good in the second half of the season.

#16 : October 03, 2006, 07:55:12 PM

i am jealous! good for the bears though. nice to see an underdog come up.
i'm counting on them knocking out the panthers this year if we can't do it.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 03, 2006, 08:10:38 PM

yea they do look like the Bucs defense of old....

it makes me envious to see a young, physical and athletic defense like Chicago's flying around and making plays.  instead we have to suffer as we watch a bunch of 30 something defenders stumble around in cement shoes while missing tackles.  lets name names: booger has been stealing paychecks for years, phillips cant make an open field tackle to save his life, barber mailed it in since he got his signing bonus, and quarles & brooks are really showing their age. at least Rice decided to show up against Carolina for his requisite 1 good game a month.  rice's numbers come in bunches.  he'll post goose eggs for the next 2-3 weeks before exploding for another 2 sack game in November. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 03, 2006, 09:17:10 PM

it makes me envious to see a young, physical and athletic defense like Chicago's flying around and making plays.  instead we have to suffer as we watch a bunch of 30 something defenders stumble around in cement shoes while missing tackles.  lets name names: booger has been stealing paychecks for years, phillips cant make an open field tackle to save his life, barber mailed it in since he got his signing bonus, and quarles & brooks are really showing their age. at least Rice decided to show up against Carolina for his requisite 1 good game a month.  rice's numbers come in bunches.  he'll post goose eggs for the next 2-3 weeks before exploding for another 2 sack game in November. 
On the bright side, those poor CHI fans will have to watch as age and Cap space invariably destroy their defense too. We miss Rod.  For those who haven't met Monte, he isn't the passion behind this D, Rod was  -( and I love monte and don't want him to go anywhere.).  Monte is more Cerebral, kinda like Tony was, not very emotional.  That's what's missing that's new.  What's old is missing an inside rusher.  THat would mean more than anything to this D.  It would give the rest a chance to make plays.
It was depressing watching the bears play, seeing 5 bears around every one seahawk, just like what we used to see here.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 'DA BEARS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools