Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we traded the #19 pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: April 07, 2009, 09:36:56 AM

...to the NY Giants for Pick #29 and pick #45 what would be your picks?
They seem to be really high on Harvin and a deal may be done (probably the best case trade senerio)

For me

1) Mike Johnson (DE)
2) Louis Delmas (S)
3) Louis Murphy (WR)
4) Sammie Lee Hill (DT)
5) Cary Harris (CB)
6) Roy Miller (DT)
7) Brannan Southerland (FB)
7) Kirston Pittman(DE)
7) Greg Carr (WR)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 07, 2009, 09:41:30 AM

best available DE and best available CB...not necessarily in that order.  follow it up with the best available DT in the 3rd.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#2 : April 07, 2009, 09:45:03 AM

best available DE and best available CB...not necessarily in that order. follow it up with the best available DT in the 3rd.

I think Johnson would be the best end  at 29 he wont go much further down

I think he would find a great home in the Bates system especially with a motivated Gaines Adams opposite

tenfive

Starter

#3 : April 07, 2009, 09:49:25 AM

Based on the trade value chart we would have a better chance to trade pick 19 for the Giants pick 29 and #60 and we would still have to give them our fourth to have equal value. The Giants need a WR and at 19 would have a much better shot at a top WR than at 29 and the fact they have 2 2nds make them an ideal ttrade partner. We could get Ziggy Hood at 29 and Alphonso Smith at 60. So we would have our DT and our CB.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 07, 2009, 09:53:32 AM

Based on the trade value chart we would have a better chance to trade pick 19 for the Giants pick 29 and #60 and we would still have to give them our fourth to have equal value. The Giants need a WR and at 19 would have a much better shot at a top WR than at 29 and the fact they have 2 2nds make them an ideal ttrade partner. We could get Ziggy Hood at 29 and Alphonso Smith at 60. So we would have our DT and our CB.

beat me to it.

My thinking is give NYG Alex Smith and our 1st and maybe a conditional for their #29 and #60.

#5 : April 07, 2009, 09:56:02 AM

Depneds on how bad they want Harvin....I am sure the trade that the Lions were asking for for the pick to get Calvin Johnson wouldnt be right on the chart...but if Gruden would have been the GM I think he makes it

You can hold a guy over the teams heads and make them eat some value...because there is little to no chance Harvin makes it past Minnesota and Indy

^ wouldnt be bad either

#6 : April 07, 2009, 09:56:39 AM

I like all of these ideas... so far.

and if there's a trade it's going to be with either the Giants or Pats.

I just hope this regime is willing to pull that trigger on the first day, old one seemed unable and/or unwilling to do it.

#7 : April 07, 2009, 09:59:13 AM

I like all of these ideas... so far.

and if there's a trade it's going to be with either the Giants or Pats.

I just hope this regime is willing to pull that trigger on the first day, old one seemed unable and/or unwilling to do it.

I think IF they dont want Percy they see Raji, Freeman, possibly English off the board they look for deal the 19 pick (in essence Harvin)...A team just has to make a decision if Harvin and a probable 2010 4th is worth a First and a second

Would also like to explore the option of packaging Alex Smith with pick 19 and a conditional to the Giants for pick 29/45

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 07, 2009, 10:26:36 AM

We could get Ziggy Hood at 29 and Alphonso Smith at 60. So we would have our DT and our CB.

That would be great if Smith was there but he won't make it much past the early 2nd. Being probably at least the 4th best CB means he won't make it long.

#9 : April 07, 2009, 10:29:11 AM

We could get Ziggy Hood at 29 and Alphonso Smith at 60. So we would have our DT and our CB.

That would be great if Smith was there but he won't make it much past the early 2nd. Being probably at least the 4th best CB means he won't make it long.

He might make it to the 40's but definatly not into the 60's

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 07, 2009, 11:02:07 AM

They seem to be really high on Harvin and a deal may be done (probably the best case trade senerio)

For me

1) Mike Johnson (DE)
2) Louis Delmas (S)
3) Louis Murphy (WR)
4) Sammie Lee Hill (DT)
5) Cary Harris (CB)
6) Roy Miller (DT)
7) Kirston Pittman(DE)
7) Greg Carr (WR)

Ummm... where are the 2 extra 7th round picks coming from?  We didn't get any compensation picks and as far as I know, we didn't obtain any through trades.

On topic though, I'd like to see the Bucs get Butler (if he falls, which it appears he probably will), and then Nicks or Britt at #45.  I'm not a big fan of either, but many "experts" seem to be.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 07, 2009, 11:05:41 AM

Also, based on the trade value chart, the Giants 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks are a more realistic compensation than #29 and #45... or even #29 and #60.

#12 : April 07, 2009, 11:08:15 AM

For me

1) Mike Johnson (DE)
2) Louis Delmas (S)
3) Louis Murphy (WR)
4) Sammie Lee Hill (DT)
5) Cary Harris (CB)
6) Roy Miller (DT)
7) Kirston Pittman(DE)
7) Greg Carr (WR)

Ummm... where are the 2 extra 7th round picks coming from? We didn't get any compensation picks and as far as I know, we didn't obtain any through trades.

We got a pick from Jacksonville, Chicago, and Baltimore I think they are conditional picks

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80eef17e&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

#13 : April 07, 2009, 11:10:40 AM

Also, based on the trade value chart, the Giants 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks are a more realistic compensation than #29 and #45... or even #29 and #60.

Depends on how bad they want Harvin....and we could also go 29/45 in exchange for Alex Smith/19....or 19 and a conditional

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 07, 2009, 11:44:13 AM

Depends on how bad they want Harvin....and we could also go 29/45 in exchange for Alex Smith/19....or 19 and a conditional

I can't see anyone wanting Harvin THAT BAD to overpay for him, but hey, if they're that dumb, then AWESOME.  But, the Giants haven't really shown that they are dumb... quite the opposite really.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we traded the #19 pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools