Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can we NOT want this guy at #19 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#120 : April 09, 2009, 07:18:34 PM

The better question is Do you know how many crucial plays Harvin was sitting on the sideline due to some injury or another.  Missing entire games and missing crucial plays is different.  He missed more big time third and longs than i would like.

How many big time crucial plays did he miss?  I'm curious.

What play isn't a big time crucial play?

How many games in three years did Harvin miss?

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler
#121 : April 09, 2009, 10:06:29 PM

The better question is Do you know how many crucial plays Harvin was sitting on the sideline due to some injury or another.  Missing entire games and missing crucial plays is different.  He missed more big time third and longs than i would like.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/11/30/1130uffoot.html?cxntlid=inform_sr

Harvin has missed four games in his three-year career with various injuries and missed the Gators' 2008 opener against Hawaii with a heel injury.

In 2006, Harvin also had to leave the Florida State game early because of a neck injury. But he returned for the SEC Championship Game against Arkansas and was named the game's MVP after gaining 167 yards and two touchdowns.

I'd say he missed at least 5 crucial plays due to migraines. Not sure which games but i recall lots of yelling at the bar when its 3rd and 8 with percy in pain on the sidelines.

He's Great when he's on the field

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#122 : April 09, 2009, 10:14:40 PM

Now, does that not seem a little nit-picky when being so worried about his injuries?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#123 : April 11, 2009, 12:48:59 PM

Most sure thing players don't fall. Harvin isn't a sure thing. But neither is the whole draft. If this was crabtree we were talking about I would jump at the chance to draft. I just think Harvin's ?s are greater than most people think

...and this argument cuts both ways. Assuming good/great players fall why are we left to make the false assumption of the Harvinites that he is the ONLY good players who falls. All things being equal would we rather have a good DT, OT, DE or WR given the state of the roster? The Harvinites want to make a false choice between a future HoF player (Harvin) and the sack of rocks (every other player in the draft).

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you make up childish "names" to call people who like a certain player or coach that you don't?

Harvinites?  Grudenistas?  What next, the Morrisenstas?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#124 : April 11, 2009, 12:56:58 PM

I'd rather have a Antonio Bryant that plays every game than a Larry Fizgearld that misses 4 games a year.

Harvin's toughness might be in question a bit, He's no ironman Favre

LOL

The fact that you would take Bryant over Fitzgerald speaks volumes. 

And as far as Harvin's toughness being questioned, that is almost as ridiculous as taking Bryant over Fitz.  Harvin is probably one of the toughest players I have ever seen, and hardest workers.  Most of the games he sat out were precautionary, and even then Harvin wanted to play.  I bet he could have played in every game he missed, if needed.  But generally speaking those games were games UF didn't need him as they were playing overmatched opponents.  He only missed one "big" game I can think of, and that was the SECCG.  Even so, he BEGGED Meyer to let him play, even going as far as having a private workout the day before the game to try and convince him to let him play, but coach wouldn't let him.  He then spent his Christmas break endlessly working out, rehabbing, and getting ready to play in the NC game.  Even then, he probably was about 70%, played in the game and dominated. 

You can question Percy about a lot of things but his toughness and work ethic are not in question. 

LFO

Hall of Famer

#125 : April 11, 2009, 01:01:40 PM

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2008/11/30/1130uffoot.html?cxntlid=inform_sr

Harvin has missed four games in his three-year career with various injuries and missed the Gators' 2008 opener against Hawaii with a heel injury.

In 2006, Harvin also had to leave the Florida State game early because of a neck injury. But he returned for the SEC Championship Game against Arkansas and was named the game's MVP after gaining 167 yards and two touchdowns.

I'd say he missed at least 5 crucial plays due to migraines. Not sure which games but i recall lots of yelling at the bar when its 3rd and 8 with percy in pain on the sidelines.

He's Great when he's on the field

He missed the South Carolina game in 2007 due to a migraine.  A game Florida scored over 50 and won comfortably.  I don't think Harvin missed any crucial plays there. 

kmitchell

Starter

#126 : April 11, 2009, 01:08:53 PM

Harvin is the third best WR this year for a reason and i'll take this years Talib(Davis) over him everyday.

Talib was also supposedly the third best CB in the draft last year, how did that work out?

Pretty good, I'd say. Goes to show picking for need does work, unlike just going for the BAP as some are so convinced..

I thought Talib was BPA?  He was projected to go Top 15 by most.

I remember seeing mocks last year with Talib in the top 10. DRC stole the thunder with his 40 time, but Talib was believed to have been the best cover corner, and 6'1 is great size for a CB.

#127 : April 11, 2009, 05:59:59 PM

His style in college is remarkably similar to Dexter Jackson.

zero credibility(once again) after that nonsense

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#128 : April 26, 2009, 04:43:26 PM

I'm just grieving at the moment! Should have had him!
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can we NOT want this guy at #19 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools