Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can we NOT want this guy at #19 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 07, 2009, 06:21:39 PM

So basically you do not care about the 100 good reasons to not draft the guy.  He made high light real plays aginst college kids so that means he has to translate to the NFL.  How has the worked out for Bush?  Harvin is not even as good as Bush.  The bottom line is that the team has more pressing needs than a luxury pick like Harvin.

Same type of player, toss in multi-threat Ginn as well. If we'd list AB maybe you look at him, and I'm not sure about that, but when you've invested $20m in receiving talent this year adding another receiver isn't a high end need for a team that has a ton of them. The only "logic" the Harvin types roll with is that he's the BPA and screw need but if he's sooooooo obviously the BPA why the heck is he still gonna be there?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 07, 2009, 06:24:23 PM

I'm not a real draftnik or a guy who spends a LOT of time watching UF football. So please pardon this ignorant (and serious) question:

How does Percy Harvin compare to Jacquez Green with JG was coming into the draft?

For starters he was more productive and way stronger. Harvin was more physical and is willing to take on contact. He breaks tackles from linebackers and his hands are sure handed. If anything Dexter Jackson is the 2nd coming of Green.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 07, 2009, 06:26:48 PM

So basically you do not care about the 100 good reasons to not draft the guy.  He made high light real plays aginst college kids so that means he has to translate to the NFL.  How has the worked out for Bush?  Harvin is not even as good as Bush.  The bottom line is that the team has more pressing needs than a luxury pick like Harvin.

The tape...look at the tape my son!

Bush can't touch Harvin. I challenge you yo find a Reggie Bush tape where he ran over anyone...ever. He is all speed and looking to get outside every time. Are you pne of those that's hating because he went to UF?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 07, 2009, 06:30:22 PM

Same type of player, toss in multi-threat Ginn as well. If we'd list AB maybe you look at him, and I'm not sure about that, but when you've invested $20m in receiving talent this year adding another receiver isn't a high end need for a team that has a ton of them. The only "logic" the Harvin types roll with is that he's the BPA and screw need but if he's sooooooo obviously the BPA why the heck is he still gonna be there?

Where is the ton of good receivers on this team? Maybe I am missing something....

If Harvin is still there at 19 why ask why is he still there? Would it be different of any other player that we draft at 19?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 07, 2009, 06:32:30 PM

He is not half the router runner that Hakeem Nicks is, and he will probably never be as fluid in his breaks.

just curiously, how did you come to this conclusion?  what or how is nicks such a better route runner?

I'm also very concerned about his flexibility;  but Steve Smith is also one of the most flexible players I have ever seen. I've seen the guy practically touch his elbows to his toes while sitting with straight legs.

have you watched harvin stretch?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 07, 2009, 06:34:24 PM

Let's see...I think that every great NFL player has made highlight reel plays against college level players prior to the NFL. I could be wrong though...

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#36 : April 07, 2009, 06:40:33 PM

I personally think that Percy is a faster but maybe a little smaller Brian Westbrook type of player. A player that you can line up anywhere on the football field and he is still a threat to score. There are not many like that in the NFL right now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 07, 2009, 06:43:18 PM

Where is the ton of good receivers on this team? Maybe I am missing something....

If Harvin is still there at 19 why ask why is he still there? Would it be different of any other player that we draft at 19?

I didn't say we had a ton of good receivers, i said we'd spent a boatload of money on our receivers and like it or not that matters - and frankly based on recent history AB and K2 are good receivers so we'd be drafting a #2 WR and #3 receiver option and making our #4 option cost $5m. That's just not good use of your economic resources.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 07, 2009, 06:44:59 PM

If we don't get DL help, Bush will look like Harvin's college highlights, against us.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 07, 2009, 07:01:45 PM

To answer the title question of this thread,

This is why I don't want Harvin at 19

Try not to puke...

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#40 : April 07, 2009, 07:02:40 PM

I didn't say we had a ton of good receivers, i said we'd spent a boatload of money on our receivers and like it or not that matters - and frankly based on recent history AB and K2 are good receivers so we'd be drafting a #2 WR and #3 receiver option and making our #4 option cost $5m. That's just not good use of your economic resources.

We'd be drafting a stud! A guy that you can line up (and be effective) in the backfield, WR, wildcat (QB), slot, and Punt or Kick returner if Clif went down. That's a heck of a lot of versatility there.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 07, 2009, 07:11:42 PM

Try not to puke...
The run D definitely needs to be improved, but you don't want to end up with non-difference making Tank Johnson-esque mid level player if there is a difference making player at another position available.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Mouse

Rookie

#42 : April 07, 2009, 07:15:48 PM

Keep in mind youtube makes everybody look good. But I wouldnt be opposed to drafting him.

#43 : April 07, 2009, 07:22:35 PM

Im definately not opposed to picking Harvin at #19 but I just think we have too many holes on our defense to pass on a defensive player at the 19 spot.

Even if we do take a defensive player at 19, we'll still have holes on our defense. Can't pass on the most dynamic playmaker in the draft.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#44 : April 07, 2009, 07:25:43 PM

Try not to puke...

True that. We gotta be able to stop those guys next year for sure.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can we NOT want this guy at #19 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools