Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unjust laws « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« : April 08, 2009, 09:05:24 AM »

Any law that ignores the basic concept of right and wrong should be struck down. Any law based on church doctrine alone should be thrown out. Any law that is prejudicial to any single segment of our society should be overturned. Any law that that has no victim should be re-evaluated and adjusted out of existence.

Laws should be designed to protect, not attack, the citizens of our country. Religious right wing conservatives have used the judicial system as a weapon against people who did not conform to their standards. It even included race just a few decades ago. There is no justification for any law that regulates according to the color of a person's skin. The same reasoning should apply to sexual orientation. There should be no legal discrimination in the laws of the land. Discrimination goes hand in hand with religion. You can't have one without the other, and you can't legislate it. It only evolves when the obvious bias (race in the 1960s) becomes unavoidable. When you claim to be good, and your evil is exposed, you adjust your standards to be more acceptable to society. Persecution is not flattering to anyone.

Put yourself in the position of the person who is set aside by our society. Certainly you want to use public facilities when you are hungry, thirsty, or need to pee. That's all that black Americans wanted in the years after WWII. Certainly you don't want the government dictating who you have the right to marry?

If you want your rights protected, you have to stand up for the rights of others.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 08, 2009, 09:34:34 AM »

Right and Wrong are just matters of opinion.  And not nearly as universal as people like to believe.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #2 : April 08, 2009, 10:22:19 AM »

That's yours.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 08, 2009, 11:15:21 AM »

Any law that is prejudicial to any single segment of our society should be overturned.

Interesting.  A call to abolish affirmative action.   

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 08, 2009, 11:16:29 AM »

That's yours.

Ok, prove me wrong.  Go ahead and provide evidence for the actual existence of right and wrong.  We'll wait.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #5 : April 08, 2009, 11:22:16 AM »

What specific laws are discriminating against sexual orientation?  Could you please name some of them so I can make a better informed decision on how to comment on this?

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 08, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »

here's my 10' pole
still can't reach this subject....

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 08, 2009, 11:55:50 AM »

What specific laws are discriminating against sexual orientation?  Could you please name some of them so I can make a better informed decision on how to comment on this?

Isn't there a law against beastiality?   Maybe that would be one.   ;)

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 08, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »

What specific laws are discriminating against sexual orientation? ?Could you please name some of them so I can make a better informed decision on how to comment on this?

Isn't there a law against beastiality? Maybe that would be one. ;)

Does that include fat chicks?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #9 : April 08, 2009, 03:41:04 PM »

That's yours.

Ok, prove me wrong.  Go ahead and provide evidence for the actual existence of right and wrong.  We'll wait.

Keep waiting.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #10 : April 08, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »

You could not possibly be that ignorant.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #11 : April 08, 2009, 03:43:55 PM »

Any law that is prejudicial to any single segment of our society should be overturned.

Interesting.  A call to abolish affirmative action.   

Absolutely.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #12 : April 08, 2009, 03:49:29 PM »

What specific laws are discriminating against sexual orientation? �Could you please name some of them so I can make a better informed decision on how to comment on this?

You could not possibly be that ignorant.

Seriously, I may just be.

What SPECIFIC law do you disagree with?  As far as "I" know EVERY person in the United States has the same rights.

Now, it's illegal to screw your pooch.

It's illegal to screw a corpse.

Other than that... I dunno, that's why I am asking.

I am really curious about the law's you are venting about.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

« #13 : April 08, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »

What specific laws are discriminating against sexual orientation?  Could you please name some of them so I can make a better informed decision on how to comment on this?
Any law banning gay marraige, banning gays frim adoption or from being foster parents. Those are based on their sexual orientation.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #14 : April 08, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »

Thanks Karen.  I wanted sparkybuc's lists of laws.  Not yours.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unjust laws « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools