Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unjust laws « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

« #15 : April 08, 2009, 04:05:27 PM »

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 08, 2009, 05:16:47 PM »

Thanks Karen.  I wanted sparkybuc's lists of laws.  Not yours.

What difference does it make who gives you examples? Some laws are obscure and some make the news every week. You don't need my list. Justice is not only blind, but deaf and dumb as well, in many cases. Too often people get what they can afford. Bad laws are just one factor in a money driven equation. Crooked cops and judges take advantage of their power and too often get away with it. Two judges up here in Pennsylvania were taking kickbacks for every kid they sentenced to a privately run detention center. The complaints for stiff sentences piled up until someone finally did an investigation and put a stop to it. It should never have been allowed to happen in the first place. One kid got 18 months for punching his brother. There have to be some checks and balances to prevent this from happening.

spartan

Hall of Famer
« #17 : April 08, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »

The 'Religious right wing' as you call it were the prime movers behind the anti slavery fight and very active in the human rights fight of the 60's.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #18 : April 08, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »

Thanks Karen.  I wanted sparkybuc's lists of laws.  Not yours.

What difference does it make who gives you examples? Some laws are obscure and some make the news every week. You don't need my list. Justice is not only blind, but deaf and dumb as well, in many cases. Too often people get what they can afford. Bad laws are just one factor in a money driven equation. Crooked cops and judges take advantage of their power and too often get away with it. Two judges up here in Pennsylvania were taking kickbacks for every kid they sentenced to a privately run detention center. The complaints for stiff sentences piled up until someone finally did an investigation and put a stop to it. It should never have been allowed to happen in the first place. One kid got 18 months for punching his brother. There have to be some checks and balances to prevent this from happening.

The only thing you do here is rant on and on.  First you rant over homosexuals not getting all the rights in your eyes and NOW its injustice from judges.

I believe, you have some beef about something and are just venting.  Got a ticket on the way to work this morning?

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 08, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »

Any law that ignores the basic concept of right and wrong should be struck down. Any law based on church doctrine alone should be thrown out. Any law that is prejudicial to any single segment of our society should be overturned. Any law that that has no victim should be re-evaluated and adjusted out of existence.

Laws should be designed to protect, not attack, the citizens of our country. Religious right wing conservatives have used the judicial system as a weapon against people who did not conform to their standards. It even included race just a few decades ago. There is no justification for any law that regulates according to the color of a person's skin. The same reasoning should apply to sexual orientation. There should be no legal discrimination in the laws of the land. Discrimination goes hand in hand with religion. You can't have one without the other, and you can't legislate it. It only evolves when the obvious bias (race in the 1960s) becomes unavoidable. When you claim to be good, and your evil is exposed, you adjust your standards to be more acceptable to society. Persecution is not flattering to anyone.

Put yourself in the position of the person who is set aside by our society. Certainly you want to use public facilities when you are hungry, thirsty, or need to pee. That's all that black Americans wanted in the years after WWII. Certainly you don't want the government dictating who you have the right to marry?

If you want your rights protected, you have to stand up for the rights of others.

You have to have a basic foundation for the laws to be formed from...otherwise you have no laws...OBD

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

« #20 : April 08, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »

What specific laws are discriminating against sexual orientation? �Could you please name some of them so I can make a better informed decision on how to comment on this?

You could not possibly be that ignorant.

Seriously, I may just be.

What SPECIFIC law do you disagree with? As far as "I" know EVERY person in the United States has the same rights.

Now, it's illegal to screw your pooch.

It's illegal to screw a corpse.

Other than that... I dunno, that's why I am asking.

I am really curious about the law's you are venting about.

Is it illegal to screw my pooches corpse?

mrtks

Pro Bowler

« #21 : April 08, 2009, 08:34:31 PM »

Thanks Karen. I wanted sparkybuc's lists of laws. Not yours.

Be specific then. I don't know who the F you are and you clearly don't know who I am.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #22 : April 09, 2009, 09:25:58 AM »

The 'Religious right wing' as you call it were the prime movers behind the anti slavery fight and very active in the human rights fight of the 60's.

The religious right wing was more involved in maintaining slavery and extending their oppression of anyone who wasn't Christian (Catholics included) or white. The religious right wing (particularly in the south) were leaders in the church, politics, the KKK, and they were mostly democrats. After LBJ forced integration of the public schools, the religious right wing abandoned their political party and continue to this day to subvert any effort to allow equal rights to ALL Americans. In this very thread I am attacked for my "rant" defending "homosexuals". My "rant" would have included lesbians as I only mentioned sexual orientation. My attacker uses "homosexual" in the same context as child molester, as if there was some basic evil in it. It is a normal and natural state for about 15 percent of our society. If my attacker(s) this kind of hatred for me, imagine what they must feel for actual "homosexuals". Gay Americans are still Americans and deserve to be treated equally in all legal matters.

Enlightenment comes slowly or not at all for some people. We can only hope they don't reach a position of any influence. I was once related to some people who were convinced that blacks were some subspecies of human beings. From all outward appearances they were rational and intelligent. They were the product of a generation of Americans that were taught that in church. Segregation was the law and fear and hatred was taught in many homes. There are not many left from that generation. In some respects, that is a good thing. In just my lifetime we have progressed from politicians campaigning as racists in order to get elected, to a point where they are ashamed and hide it.

Unjust laws are not a joke and only a mental cripple would try to make it one.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #23 : April 09, 2009, 10:08:29 AM »

The religious right wing was more involved in maintaining slavery and extending their oppression of anyone who wasn't Christian (Catholics included) or white. The religious right wing (particularly in the south) were leaders in the church, politics, the KKK, and they were mostly democrats. After LBJ forced integration of the public schools, the religious right wing abandoned their political party and continue to this day to subvert any effort to allow equal rights to ALL Americans. In this very thread I am attacked for my "rant" defending "homosexuals". My "rant" would have included lesbians as I only mentioned sexual orientation. My attacker uses "homosexual" in the same context as child molester, as if there was some basic evil in it. It is a normal and natural state for about 15 percent of our society. If my attacker(s) this kind of hatred for me, imagine what they must feel for actual "homosexuals". Gay Americans are still Americans and deserve to be treated equally in all legal matters.

Enlightenment comes slowly or not at all for some people. We can only hope they don't reach a position of any influence. I was once related to some people who were convinced that blacks were some subspecies of human beings. From all outward appearances they were rational and intelligent. They were the product of a generation of Americans that were taught that in church. Segregation was the law and fear and hatred was taught in many homes. There are not many left from that generation. In some respects, that is a good thing. In just my lifetime we have progressed from politicians campaigning as racists in order to get elected, to a point where they are ashamed and hide it.

Since I was the only one using the word homosexual in this thread you must be talking about me as your 'attacker'.

In my opinion you lack some basic reading comprehension.  I asked you to please outline the SPECIFIC laws you have a beef with, in order to build a more informed opinion of your position, at which point you called me ignorant for not knowing the laws you speak off (Mind reading is not my strong suit nor am I a lawyer - I apologize).   You are throwing out a bunch of generalizations without ever truly outlining your position about what in particular you are talking about.

Now you accuse me of using homosexual in the same context as child molester which nowhere in this thread is mentioned at all.  If you take offense to the word homosexual please take a look at the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality.

Where in this thread have I displayed 'hatred' towards you?  By asking about more information from you about the things you ranted about?

You are trying to act 'holier then thou' in this thread yet you show now basis for your opinions.  Just a bunch of hot air which IS why I called it a RANT.

One of my favorite things in life is to learn from people with different view points.  Adopt what makes sense within my own personal frame of reality and discard what doesn't.  Disagreeing with someone on certain subjects is a great thing as long both people have an educated, well founded belief in their position.

Ufojoe and I probably disagree and most things, yet I respect him immensely for a) having an opinion and b) researching and presenting his data set on how he came to his conclusions. 

You on the other hand go ballistic when asked a simple question:  What in particular you have a problem with.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #24 : April 09, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »

Since I was the only one using the word homosexual in this thread you must be talking about me as your 'attacker'.

In my opinion you lack some basic reading comprehension.  I asked you to please outline the SPECIFIC laws you have a beef with, in order to build a more informed opinion of your position, at which point you called me ignorant for not knowing the laws you speak off (Mind reading is not my strong suit nor am I a lawyer - I apologize).   You are throwing out a bunch of generalizations without ever truly outlining your position about what in particular you are talking about.

Now you accuse me of using homosexual in the same context as child molester which nowhere in this thread is mentioned at all.  If you take offense to the word homosexual please take a look at the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality.

Where in this thread have I displayed 'hatred' towards you?  By asking about more information from you about the things you ranted about?

You are trying to act 'holier then thou' in this thread yet you show now basis for your opinions.  Just a bunch of hot air which IS why I called it a RANT.

One of my favorite things in life is to learn from people with different view points.  Adopt what makes sense within my own personal frame of reality and discard what doesn't.  Disagreeing with someone on certain subjects is a great thing as long both people have an educated, well founded belief in their position.

Ufojoe and I probably disagree and most things, yet I respect him immensely for a) having an opinion and b) researching and presenting his data set on how he came to his conclusions. 

You on the other hand go ballistic when asked a simple question:  What in particular you have a problem with.

Stating my viewpoint is not a rant, and you must have led a very sheltered life if you consider anything I have written as "ballistic". My point is this: laws should be written to protect people, not based on some prejudice and used as a weapon. No person should be a victim of the law. It appears you disagree. My ex-mother-in-law would have loved you.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #25 : April 09, 2009, 02:06:10 PM »

Who say's your ex-mother-in-law did NOT love me?

--

rant
   /rænt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [rant]
–verb (used without object)
1.    to speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way; rave: The demagogue ranted for hours.
–verb (used with object)
2.    to utter or declaim in a ranting manner.
–noun
3.    ranting, extravagant, or violent declamation.
4.    a ranting utterance.
Origin:
1590–1600; < D ranten (obs.) to talk foolishly

Related forms:
ranter, noun
rant⋅ing⋅ly, adverb

Synonyms:
3. bombast, extravagance.

---

Lot's of air... little substance... 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #26 : April 09, 2009, 05:03:31 PM »

I can only guess that you have only learned from bigoted and biased people and limit your concern for only those who think like you. You slander and ridicule and make light of things that have a very serious and important impact on millions of Americans. I would also guess that you are too stupid to be ashamed. Some people live and learn. Others just live.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

« #27 : April 09, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »

Slander and ridicule?   Surely you jest?!

I let the readers of this thread make up their own mind who the in your own words 'stupid one' is here! 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 09, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »

Any law that ignores the basic concept of right and wrong should be struck down. Any law based on church doctrine alone should be thrown out. Any law that is prejudicial to any single segment of our society should be overturned. Any law that that has no victim should be re-evaluated and adjusted out of existence.

Of course if you ask the right-wing nuts the liberal left has used the courts as a weapon to create laws that are prejudicial to their beliefs- and since from where they are standing their beliefs have been assaulted in any number of ways (prayer in school, abortion as examples) your argument is useless.  All laws are an attempt to impose "morality" on others. Obama's first budget is a rat's nest of value judgments about what is right and wrong and who should be rewarded and punished based on his morality. The same is true of any president or any politician. Tax policy is about morality and not economics - that some have too much or owe society more is the entire basis of logic of the incremental tax system while the morality of equality drive the flat tax.

What you want to make sure, and this is always a cute trick, is to make sure that YOUR morals are imposed on everyone else because they are the "right" kind of morals based off whatever logic you want to use to judge that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #29 : April 11, 2009, 11:08:39 AM »

Of course if you ask the right-wing nuts the liberal left has used the courts as a weapon to create laws that are prejudicial to their beliefs- and since from where they are standing their beliefs have been assaulted in any number of ways (prayer in school, abortion as examples) your argument is useless.  All laws are an attempt to impose "morality" on others. Obama's first budget is a rat's nest of value judgments about what is right and wrong and who should be rewarded and punished based on his morality. The same is true of any president or any politician. Tax policy is about morality and not economics - that some have too much or owe society more is the entire basis of logic of the incremental tax system while the morality of equality drive the flat tax.

What you want to make sure, and this is always a cute trick, is to make sure that YOUR morals are imposed on everyone else because they are the "right" kind of morals based off whatever logic you want to use to judge that.

My morals have no religious bias since I have no religion. With that objectivity, I have no agenda either for or against any segment of our society. Remove the loopholes and I'm fine with a flat tax for everyone. As I said earlier, laws should be made to protect people, not attack. Restricting weapons and ownership of weapons, protects people. Restricting marriage by race or gender is attacking people. Laws should not victimize our citizens.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Unjust laws « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools