Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers lose $65 million « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#45 : April 10, 2009, 12:07:22 AM

The thing that confuses me is that if they are cash poor at the moment then why did they fire Gruden? His and Allen's severence pakage is going to run them several million over the next three years + whatever they are paying to Morris and Dominik. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to keep the staff they had rather than clean house?

I'm waiting on this answer as well. No one seems to be able to answer it. To me it blows up the "Glazer's are going "Broke" Theory." (Dang that was alot of "quotes") LOL

They only pay them for as long as they are unemployed.

But if they are "hurting for cash" NOW, how does "praying they get a job" make good business sense? Wouldn't they have fired them immediately after the season, so they could have a better chance of catching on with a new team? (If that was indeed the reason they fired them?)

A lot of people keeps bringing up the fact that the Glazers don't have cash flow, but are they suddenly going to hit the lottery when the season starts? When all these Guaranteed contracts and player salaries kick in, aren't they going to have to have "liquid" assets on hand to pay the salaries? This really confuses me....

calicojack

Starter
#46 : April 10, 2009, 12:20:51 AM

A lot of people keeps bringing up the fact that the Glazers don't have cash flow, but are they suddenly going to hit the lottery when the season starts? When all these Guaranteed contracts and player salaries kick in, aren't they going to have to have "liquid" assets on hand to pay the salaries? This really confuses me....

The money will mostly come from television revenues.  Gate, parking and concessions also contribute.

The Dream Team

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#47 : April 10, 2009, 12:28:02 AM

The money will mostly come from television revenues.  Gate, parking and concessions also contribute.

But doesn't the TV revenue get paid out at the "End" of the season? or is there a difference in TV and Shared Revenue?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glazers lose $65 million « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools