Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeney « previous next »
Page: 1

Mohawkbucs

Starter

: January 31, 2007, 01:29:19 AM

I dont get how they are going to sign him, but whatever

i would like to get him, but i see it as doubtful

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 30, 2007, 06:50:21 PM

Dwight Freeney, IND Jan. 30 - 1:22 pm et

ESPN's John Clayton reports Colts general manager Bill Polian has assured him that Dwight Freeney will not make it to free agency.
Clayton says anyone hoping for Freeney to make it to the free agent market can "forget about it," he'll remain a Colt in 2007. Indianapolis might franchise tag him, then sign Freeney long term before the start of the upcoming season, similar to how the Lions did Jeff Backus in '06.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 30, 2007, 06:51:19 PM

The Colts must have some magic way to make cap room because his franchise number is gonna be huge as a DE.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PoorRichard

Starter

#3 : January 30, 2007, 06:56:11 PM

Don't want him. He would not be a good match-up player in our D against NFC South competition.

corporal.clegg

Second String

#4 : January 30, 2007, 06:59:53 PM

Well the franchise and transition tag deadline is Thursday's 4 PM, so we will know pretty soon.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 30, 2007, 07:46:57 PM

Don't want him. He would not be a good match-up player in our D against NFC South competition.

what? Oh my, Freeny's nasty man. Signing him alone would improve this defense tremendously.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 30, 2007, 08:11:28 PM

Polian had better be prepared to pay.  And with all the money that is locked up in the offense, it would behoove Mr. P to understand how much he will mortgaging his future by breaking a bank on the guy...

On a side note, that almost ensures that Cato will be putting on his most comfortable shoes, because he will be hitting the pavement soon enough...(not that I am enamoured with a very small linebacker who has problems hitting running backs)....

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 30, 2007, 08:29:51 PM

I would be happy with Cato if he was willing to take Nece's spot.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 30, 2007, 08:45:57 PM

Don't the Colts only have around 4 mil in cap room coming into FA? They also need to resigna ouple of other players as well don't they, not to mention the draft picks.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 31, 2007, 08:45:58 AM

I think there are two legit franchise guys in FA this year: Freeny and Samuels. I'd want either of them but Freeny is clearly the class of this FA class. He's a one man game changer. I'm sure the Colts want to keep him but I'm really curious to see what they have to do in order to finagle him under the cap.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 31, 2007, 09:30:57 AM

Well the franchise and transition tag deadline is Thursday's 4 PM, so we will know pretty soon.
After the Hutchison fiasco, I highly doubt you'll see the transition tag used.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 31, 2007, 02:57:30 PM

I'd be happy if Cato would take that spot and accept the money he would be offered to play that spot.  No need to upgrade that spot, it is a position a lot of guys can fill, and at much less the cost...

#12 : January 31, 2007, 03:03:02 PM

After seeing the way he was gettin run over late in the season, I'd pass on Cato. As for their ability to re-sign Freeney, maybe Peyton will re-structure.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 31, 2007, 03:04:07 PM

I'd be happy if Cato would take that spot and accept the money he would be offered to play that spot.  No need to upgrade that spot, it is a position a lot of guys can fill, and at much less the cost...

Exactly, there's just no reason to go spending money to get a guy who really can't do much more because of the position than Nece can. Heck, Alshermond Singleton is a free agent so we could always go get him back if we wanted to for very little coin.

marlevr

Second String
#14 : January 31, 2007, 03:06:29 PM

I heard they only have 2.5M in cap space. How are they going to pull this off is beyond me. That means that Cato and Sanders are sure fire FAs.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeney « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools