Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper said Malcolm Jenkins stock is falling « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: April 10, 2009, 10:42:53 AM

Possibly as low as the bottom of round 1
Because of his 40 time and the lack of definite position in the NFL. If this guys falls to us, do we take him?
He is the best CB in this draft at jamming and can step up and play the run. We need another Corner opposite of Talib for the future and with the lack of Qbs worth the #19. I would be all over it.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 10, 2009, 10:50:50 AM

Wondered about this since 40 times don't really mean even for CB's that they can't play, think Barber ran a 4.6 or something. The problem I heard of is that he didn't really look good in drills for a CB so he probably will be a safety.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#2 : April 10, 2009, 02:03:10 PM

FWIW.. everyone thinks he is going to fall at this point, Kiper is justnow realizing this. Jenkins reminds me of Antrel Rolle a couple years ago, who had to move over to safety and he was taken somewhere around 6-8 in an even weaker draft than this one. I think Jenkins goes in the 20's and prolly ends up playing safety in a year or two.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 12, 2009, 10:37:30 AM

It depends on what Raheem feels about Jenkins ability to transition to the pro game to be honest.  If he can jam like he did at the collegiate level, and has fluid hips I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs drafted a falling player like him at #19.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : April 12, 2009, 10:38:05 AM

Coye Francies.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 12, 2009, 10:46:10 AM

Coye Francies.
he won't be there in the 3rd

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 12, 2009, 10:50:25 AM

Coye Francies.

His stock is all over the place as some consider him a riser while this link underneath consider him a faller.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11588632

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#7 : April 12, 2009, 10:56:46 AM

Not much of a fan of Jenkins, would rather have Davis / Smith / Butler to be honest.

And then would rather have another position before taking and would rather take a CB in R3.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 12, 2009, 10:59:40 AM

the 3rd isn't where you usually find starting quality cover corners unless you get lucky.  And we need another starter.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#9 : April 12, 2009, 11:01:38 AM

Just a warning, don't believe too much in any of this stock rising/falling stuff with guys this time of the yr before the draft, ESPECIALLY in a draft like this where there isn't a clear cut list of top 25 players.

Teams/scouts/agents are going to throw all kinds of non sense out there to play games with each other...We've already seen it with the Rajii report....

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 12, 2009, 11:04:51 AM

OSU corners usually turn out pretty good.  If Morris and Bates think he can play their system then I wouldn't protest us drafting him.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#11 : April 12, 2009, 11:12:01 AM

the 3rd isn't where you usually find starting quality cover corners unless you get lucky. And we need another starter.
lol... you wanna go look around the league and reaccess that? I would bet that the vast majority of starters and NB's aren't 1st round picks.

And what I mean is, obviously CB's in the 1st are supposed to be those guys, but a lot... a lot definitely don't turn out, and there are a lot of good CB's that came out of later rounds in the league. Don't just draft a CB in the first bc you need one. Unless it is the right guy it isn't worth it. Chances are a guy in the third could easily be better.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 12, 2009, 11:16:23 AM

No thanks he will be a safety in the NFL

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 12, 2009, 11:16:45 AM

the 3rd isn't where you usually find starting quality cover corners unless you get lucky.  And we need another starter.
While we need another starting corner, we don't need a #1 corner. We already have the guy to cover Roddy White. Now we only need someone to cover Michael Jenkins. Chances are we won't have to use a 1st round pick on that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 12, 2009, 11:19:06 AM

the 3rd isn't where you usually find starting quality cover corners unless you get lucky. And we need another starter.
lol... you wanna go look around the league and reaccess that? I would bet that the vast majority of starters and NB's aren't 1st round picks.

And what I mean is, obviously CB's in the 1st are supposed to be those guys, but a lot... a lot definitely don't turn out, and there are a lot of good CB's that came out of later rounds in the league. Don't just draft a CB in the first bc you need one. Unless it is the right guy it isn't worth it. Chances are a guy in the third could easily be better.
this article is a few years old but it supports my postion that "cover corners" are usually found in round 1 or 2.  There are a lot of teams playing cover 2 nowdays so those would have to be factored out.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2019165

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper said Malcolm Jenkins stock is falling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools