Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper said Malcolm Jenkins stock is falling « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 12, 2009, 10:29:28 PM

the 3rd isn't where you usually find starting quality cover corners unless you get lucky. �And we need another starter.
While we need another starting corner, we don't need a #1 corner. We already have the guy to cover Roddy White. Now we only need someone to cover Michael Jenkins. Chances are we won't have to use a 1st round pick on that.

With Bates scheme I do not think you can get away with that.
Bates' scheme dictates you have one big time corner, instead of zero, not two. Having two big time corners is gravy, but not a necessity. As I said all you need is a guy to cover Michael Jenkins while Talib is covering Roddy White.
he had two good ones in Miami.
I've brought that up before, but feel it was a "gravy" situation, as in you're happy to have two great corners, but it's not so much a necessity as two great edge rushers would be. Recall both Madison and Surtain were 2nd round picks. There are only 3-4 teams in the league with elite #2 receivers, so I feel it would be a waste to use back-to-back 1st round picks on corners when against the other 25+ teams in the league you don't need an elite corner to cover their #2 receiver.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 12, 2009, 10:31:49 PM

NO THANKS - we don't need to spend a 1st Round pick on a back-up SAFETY!!  Too slow to play CB and I would rather have Vontae Davis over Malcolm!!

#32 : April 13, 2009, 08:35:03 AM

I like Coye Francies or Cary Harris from USC better....Both are prototypical Bump and run corners

We might have to move into the early third for Francies but Harris should be there for us in the 4-5 range

If you havent heard much from Cary Harris here is something about him

Strengths:
Good height with long arms...Super physical and aggressive...Reliable tackler...Strong and tough...Gets a nice jam at the line...Solid instincts and anticipates well...Capable of playing man or zone...Able to shed blockers...Very good special teamer...Has a lot of big-time experience.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the ideal bulk that you look for...Relatively average speed and lacks a burst...Isn't fluid when flipping his hips and doesn't transition well...Poor hands and ball skills...Durability is a big concern.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter for the Trojans...Played extensively as a backup and special teamer as a true freshman in 2005...Took over a starting job in 2006...Had surgery on a sprained finger prior to 2007 spring practice...Started 12 games in 2007 but missed one contest with a dislocated shoulder...Had arthroscopic surgery on both of his ankles prior to 2008 spring practice...Missed a couple of starts in 2008 with a hamstring injury...Named Honorable Mention All-Pac 10 as a junior and senior..Underrated prospect with the potential to start in the NFL.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : April 13, 2009, 11:55:43 AM

I like Coye Francies or Cary Harris from USC better....Both are prototypical Bump and run corners

We might have to move into the early third for Francies but Harris should be there for us in the 4-5 range

If you havent heard much from Cary Harris here is something about him

Strengths:
Good height with long arms...Super physical and aggressive...Reliable tackler...Strong and tough...Gets a nice jam at the line...Solid instincts and anticipates well...Capable of playing man or zone...Able to shed blockers...Very good special teamer...Has a lot of big-time experience.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the ideal bulk that you look for...Relatively average speed and lacks a burst...Isn't fluid when flipping his hips and doesn't transition well...Poor hands and ball skills...Durability is a big concern.

Notes:
Was a three-year starter for the Trojans...Played extensively as a backup and special teamer as a true freshman in 2005...Took over a starting job in 2006...Had surgery on a sprained finger prior to 2007 spring practice...Started 12 games in 2007 but missed one contest with a dislocated shoulder...Had arthroscopic surgery on both of his ankles prior to 2008 spring practice...Missed a couple of starts in 2008 with a hamstring injury...Named Honorable Mention All-Pac 10 as a junior and senior..Underrated prospect with the potential to start in the NFL.

You and I are on the same page. Christopher Owens from SJSU is also someone to look at. But Francies had a slow 40, I wonder what Chris McCalister's 40 was?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 13, 2009, 12:08:45 PM

McAlister clocked a 4.53 40 - and also is one inch taller and over 20 lbs heavier.

McAlister is bigger and faster.

JayAuggs

Pro Bowler
#35 : April 13, 2009, 06:44:28 PM

Shows up for big games....

PR states thats an attribute of davis as well...

Interesting...everything Ive seen has said Davis' major problem was consistency and off field issues.  If Im wrong I do apologize.  And if thats the case, I might move Davis up my wishlist...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper said Malcolm Jenkins stock is falling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools