Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ATL Fans already turning on McKay « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16

gone

Hall of Famer
« : January 30, 2007, 09:48:29 PM »

McKay's popularity here was in large part inherited.  Now he's out in the really-real world, and people aren't sainting him, God it must be killing him.  No more Fawning local media?  He got away with murder here with his local hangers-on (AKA Tampa Area Sportswriters).  Now he's gonna have to deal with being graded in public by people who aren't in love...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #1 : January 30, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »

McKay, you suck.

Signed,

Tampa.

I don't know, the fishwraps are still his lapdogs and we all know half the Buc fanbase take those things as fact.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #2 : January 30, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »

McKay, you suck.

Signed,

Tampa.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 30, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »

"the front page makes me wanna puke. Take McKay's, arrogant ugly mug off the webpage"

"who is this guy??? He's posing on that picture like he's the freakin' President of The United States. How big is this guy's ego???? I hate GM's that are so full of themselves that they try to make themselves the face of the franchise.

McKay is trying to become the face of the Falcons. He needs to worry about signing some free agents that pan out and don't break down and stop reaching in drafts for guys like Roddy White in the 1st round and Beck in the 3rd and then maybe we can get to the playoffs again."

Wow, it's only been 3 years and the fans are going into a meltdown about McKay.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #4 : January 30, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »

Hilarious

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #5 : January 30, 2007, 08:46:07 PM »

As they should be. They should be complaining about that contract that they gave Michael Vick.

« #6 : January 30, 2007, 08:49:18 PM »

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 30, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »

That was all Arthur Blank's doing.  He was trying to make a statement after the NFC Championship that Vick would forever be a Falcon and be the face of the franchise.  Looks like they jumped the gun a wee bit, eh?

4bucs

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 31, 2007, 04:40:31 AM »

couldn't happen to a better guy,he thought he would get the big job  so he could skip out again after all his asenine signings but now he'll be forced to stay and face the music ....before he gets fired...the fans will call for his head....best news I heard all day.

« #9 : January 31, 2007, 07:53:53 AM »

I don't know, the fishwraps are still his lapdogs and we all know half the Buc fanbase take those things as fact.

Yeah...and J.P. Peterson defends the guy to no end...Inexplicable.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 31, 2007, 08:49:11 AM »

As I have stated before: Rich McKay's public image here was well-crafted and not necessarily in alignment with how he actually conducted business.

PewterReportHM

Starter
« #11 : January 31, 2007, 09:41:17 AM »

Very true.  McKay had some great drafts on the defensive side of the ball, but his offensive drafts and FA signings were uneven to be kind.

Worst of all, signing so many players to ridiculous contracts AFTER the Bucs won the Super Bowl screwed the team for years.  For all the whining about Steussie, Garner, Stinchcomb and Deese, their cap hit was 4% of total cap space when we got rid of them.  The signing bonuses McKay gave out to Brad, Keyshawn, Rice, Quarles, McFarland, Gramatica etc were over $60mm.........The Bucs were cooked from a cap perspective.

I mean, who gives a 7 year contract for a kicker?

Oh, and did you know that the deal McKay signed Rice to FIVE YEARS AGO is STILL the richest contract ever for a defensive player?  That fact astounds me.

HM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 31, 2007, 10:00:27 AM »

Oh, and did you know that the deal McKay signed Rice to FIVE YEARS AGO is STILL the richest contract ever for a defensive player? That fact astounds me.

wow, didn't know that HM, good stuff.

« #13 : January 31, 2007, 10:00:46 AM »

Oh, and did you know that the deal McKay signed Rice to FIVE YEARS AGO is STILL the richest contract ever for a defensive player?  That fact astounds me.

Yep.  Astounding.  That's abslutely incredible.

No offense to Rice, who I think has been a great player for us, but would it be too much to ask that the owner of the biggest contract for a defensive player ever not be such a liability in the running game?

Apparently.  And that's on McKay, not Rice.  We already knew this about Rice, but this DOES teach us something about McKay: he's a crappy GM.

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
« #14 : January 31, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »

HM

WOW, didnt know that one.  Damn.........

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ATL Fans already turning on McKay « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools