Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For All of You Dungy Defenders, Defend THIS... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

#15 : January 31, 2007, 11:24:23 AM

How many offensive coaches from Dungy's Bucs days are on the Colts staff today?

Clyde C.

That statement had little to do with actual X' s and O's than it had to do with a man's integrity and loyalty.  None of us would agree with his "stubbornness" as far as the offensive health of the team was concerned, but you have to love a guy that has your back like that!!! Would you love to have your boss say that about you?  You guys AGAIN are just so freaking short sided it ain't even funny...

I agree with you and Beniro. It seems some are missing the entire point of his statement.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 31, 2007, 11:28:05 AM

I'll help ya JD

Can we please stop talking about the coach we fired??   [banghead]

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

#17 : January 31, 2007, 11:32:56 AM

Why would anyone need to defend Dungy? He is a coach with a great career record who is now coaching in the Super Bowl.

As much as I do want to see the Bears win (being from Chicago and all)...I would really love to see Dungy get his. That would mean these past 2 years great coaches finally get theirs. (Cowher and then Dungy)

Pulling Guard

Second String

#18 : January 31, 2007, 11:54:56 AM

I may be the only one, but out of shula, steckel, christensen, I preferred shula.

He was the only one that could figure out how to appropriately use dunn and alstott.

#19 : January 31, 2007, 11:55:55 AM

Nobody needs to defend Tony Dungy, he's a good guy.

#20 : January 31, 2007, 12:01:04 PM

Nobody needs to defend Tony Dungy, he's a good guy.

Haha...nice.

Although I'm not sure it applies here.  People are trying to read too much into what Dungy said, turning it into some incredibly significant, daming thing.  It's crap...and I'm a huge Gruden fan.

People try to do the same thing with Gruden all the time.  A former player says something negative about Gruden, everyone says "SEE!?!?!?  He's horrible!"  The read a comment by Gruden and turn it into a conspiracy to get Lynch out of the league, deprive Alstott of his God-given right to touch the ball 50 times a game or make himself look good.

It is crap.

I prefer to keep away from all those negative fantasies and enjoy the football and more positive speculation.

#21 : January 31, 2007, 12:14:07 PM

"I should have quit instead of allowing my inept O.C. to be fired." Sorry, I find that position indefensible. What if Monte decided to quit other than let Burns or Franklin be fired? Would people on here be talking about how they admire Monte for his loyalty and integrity? I find that extremely doubtful.

#22 : January 31, 2007, 12:20:10 PM

"I should have quit instead of allowing my inept O.C. to be fired." Sorry, I find that position indefensible. What if Monte decided to quit other than let Burns or Franklin be fired? Would people on here be talking about how they admire Monte for his loyalty and integrity? I find that extremely doubtful.

No, people would be upset.  It would be a demonstration of Monte's loyalty, though.

My only point is that Dungy brought up something that seems to have eaten at him, and folks are going to crucify him for that when it didn't even happen.  This is not like he left the town and then bashed everyone, he was simply stating that he feels in retrospect that he should've done that differently.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 31, 2007, 12:28:28 PM

I need help?

So if I don't buy into the constant media love fest with Tony Dungy, I need help?

So you think he is the best coach in all of sports? If so, you need help.
I never said anything along the lines of hime being the best at anything.

No, you need help, because you are crying like a little b!tch.

I'm glad for Tony. He's a great guy and a fine football coach. He deserves his success.

It kinda sucks that we have to hear the clowns come out with the "see, Dungy is awsome, and Gruden sucks" bit, but I like Tony, and having to hear from these clowns isn't going to make me wish failure upon a class act like him.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 31, 2007, 12:31:11 PM

And that statement shows that we made the right decision, Super Bowl or not. It's a statement
that is related to the Bucs. But if "you" think it's irrelevant and old news, then stay away from
this thread instead of complaining that you're sick of the topic. It was labeled pretty clearly,
so just ignore it.

He's a very loyal guy. Good for him.

What if Gruden said, "Hey man, I know Charlie Garner is finished but I'm loyal to the guy
so I'm going to keep him on the team."

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 31, 2007, 12:33:32 PM

After going from 1983 to 1996 with no playoff appearances and can't think of any season with more than 6 wins, we owe Dungy a lot of praise for what he did as our coach. For the first time since 1979, Bucs were respected and feared on the field. He gave the guys hope and taught them how to win in the NFL. The players believed in themselves and used their talents to win.  Its something the team doesnt even know how to do now. I'm very happy for Dungy that he was able to pick up where he left off here and now has a shot at the title. I dont understand Bucs fans that can't see Dungy for the great things he did for this team and city.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 31, 2007, 12:40:17 PM

I've already praised him and congratulated him and thanked him in other posts over the
years. I don't need to do it for the rest of my life. This Shula statement amazes me.

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 31, 2007, 12:46:37 PM

Look at this way--at the time he did what was best for the Bucs.  Since he was the coach, he had to do it.  His only other options would have been to leave with Shula. Dungy is the type of person that his personal relationships with people is very important.  I'm sure looking back that he felt bad that he had to fire Shula, because Shula was his friend.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 31, 2007, 12:48:19 PM

Dungy is the type of person that his personal relationships with people is very important.

Which is why he canned the most productive OC he'd had. Unfortunately, if he hadn't, the Bucs may have done better and he may have never left.

#29 : January 31, 2007, 12:55:54 PM

I'll help ya JD

Can we please stop talking about the coach we fired?? [banghead]

This will never go away till TD retires from coaching....till then the goobers will remain talking about how good Dungy is and how bad Gruden is
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For All of You Dungy Defenders, Defend THIS... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools