Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For All of You Dungy Defenders, Defend THIS... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

tampabayfan

Pro Bowler

#30 : January 31, 2007, 12:57:52 PM

I still dont agree with firing Les.  He was a darn good coach. He still didnt get the team to score in Philly.  It was our best season ever in posts scored and we get what like 3 points vs Philly in the playoffs.  I'm not saying we should kept Dungy after the 2001 season, but he did a lot of great things for the Bucs and Tampa.  yet people act like he was trying to wreck the team and was some horrible guy. Why cant people just be happy for him?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 31, 2007, 12:58:59 PM

I'll help ya JD

Can we please stop talking about the coach we fired?? [banghead]

This will never go away till TD retires from coaching....till then the goobers will remain talking about how good Dungy is and how bad Gruden is
Honestly, I have no idea what Dungy's success in Indy has to do with Gruden

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 31, 2007, 12:59:04 PM

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Dungy could not get it done here! Did you people not see the playoff GAMES that were played against Philly ???

Hell the last game the team flat out QUIT on him. I hope he wins it all, I love the guy and he is a great person but a move had to be made. You dont' go out there and have your team flatout give up on you the way they did. I don't know about you guys but I was pissed after that blowout in philly........

Yeah our offense was an utter joke, personnel wise and scheme wise....They bring in Bert Emanuel and that guy was absolute garbage, Reidel Anthony was a bust, Jacquez green was arena material and we failed to do anything with a top pick in Dilfer who was thought to be "the guy" at QB. We had to make a change, we did and we won the Super Bowl.

This discussion is a mess Dungy had to go, esp after the blowout, give up game against Philly in the playoffs.........

What are you suppose to do keep him as your coach and see your players window of opp. shrinking everyday........

Dungy is one of my alltime favorite coaches and god knows how good of an individual he is, but he had to go.......

Baghead #2

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 31, 2007, 01:00:29 PM

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Dungy could not get it done here! Did you people not see the playoff GAMES that were played against Philly ???

Hell the last game the team flat out QUIT on him. I hope he wins it all, I love the guy and he is a great person but a move had to be made. You dont' go out there and have your team flatout give up on you the way they did. I don't know about you guys but I was pissed after that blowout in philly........

Yeah our offense was an utter joke, personnel wise and scheme wise....They bring in Bert Emanuel and that guy was absolute garbage, Reidel Anthony was a bust, Jacquez green was arena material and we failed to do anything with a top pick in Dilfer who was thought to be "the guy" at QB. We had to make a change, we did and we won the Super Bowl.

This discussion is a mess Dungy had to go, esp after the blowout, give up game against Philly in the playoffs.........

What are you suppose to do keep him as your coach and see your players window of opp. shrinking everyday........

Dungy is one of my alltime favorite coaches and god knows how good of an individual he is, but he had to go.......
Agreed

I just don't know why any Bucs fan would want him to fail

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 31, 2007, 01:10:44 PM

Anyone that would want tony dungy to fail is just an imbecile. I mean why, for what reason? He is a great guy, how could anyone not cheer for Tony Dungy, its beyond me...

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 31, 2007, 01:55:56 PM

Does it really matter who wins this superbowl?

Nope.

Everyone has a reason for secretly rooting for one team or another.

A part of me thinks Dungy is not a coach you want to coach you through a big game.

And a part of me thinks the Bears should lose, because I am sick of hearing a bro of mine talk about how great the Bears are.

But regardless, I could care less for either team.  It is a nice matchup, good for ratings, but does it matter at all to us?

No.  Unless you have money on the thing....snicker...

#36 : January 31, 2007, 01:57:01 PM

It's not Dungy that the resentment is aimed at, it's all the Goobers still riding his jock.

#37 : January 31, 2007, 02:21:32 PM

I'll help ya JD

Can we please stop talking about the coach we fired?? [banghead]

This will never go away till TD retires from coaching....till then the goobers will remain talking about how good Dungy is and how bad Gruden is
Honestly, I have no idea what Dungy's success in Indy has to do with Gruden

Just admit it: he's winning with Gruden's team!  ;)

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 31, 2007, 03:06:57 PM

I can't believe that most of you still are so full of venom that you can't even realize a statement made to even further define this man's already stellar character and morals.  Basically you creeps are vilifying a man that says integrity and character and loyalty is worth more than one of these 32 jobs.  But according to you flamers that's dumb, stupid, and oh by the way can we stop talking about the coach that took us from being the doormat of the league?  He means nothing in the history of the team, the league, or the game. 

Like ufojoe said, the thread was clearly marked if you don't want to hear it, don't post here there were thousands of threads you could have chosen to spew you crap in vs this one...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#39 : January 31, 2007, 03:11:49 PM

So when Dungy doesn't fire his offensive coaches it's 'loyality' and 'good' when it's Gruden he's a 'moron' or 'idiot'...interesting...

#40 : January 31, 2007, 03:26:35 PM

So when Dungy doesn't fire his offensive coaches it's 'loyality' and 'good' when it's Gruden he's a 'moron' or 'idiot'...interesting...

Yeah, that's the way it works, rj. It's because Dungy is a "good guy."

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 31, 2007, 03:29:27 PM

I'm so sick of hearing about Dungy's character. All that character's gonna get a beat down on Sunday.

#42 : January 31, 2007, 03:38:36 PM

Well...don't get suckered by the idiots, RJ.  I just think that Dungy (and Gruden) displayed loyalty in not dumping (or not wanted to dump) their guys.  The bottom line is:

1. Dungy DID fire him.
2. Gruden is, for better or worse, making his own bed, and he'll have to lie in it.

I'm a huge Dungy fan for what he brought to this organization and I'm a huge Gruden fan for what he's done and hopefully will do.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 31, 2007, 03:43:02 PM

I'm so sick of hearing about Dungy's character. All that character's gonna get a beat down on Sunday.

If I know Tony, even in defeat his character will still rise to the top.  That's what character guys do.  That's what integrity yields.  That's how it should be done.  His character certainly won't get in the way of him winning or losing.  But it will help him deal with defeat or win most graciously...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#44 : January 31, 2007, 04:16:41 PM

It is easy to talk big AFTER the Fact,,,,,He was NOT going to give up his job for Mike Schula. He Did Not and he was Not going down that road.

Well, the original order was that he replace most of his offensive staff. Dungy DID tell McKay he'd quit rather than do it. Shula became the compromise. So to that extent, Dungy probably is speaking truthfully in that if he had stuck to his guns and not given in to any pressure to fire anyone on the offensive staff the only alternative would have been for him to quit.

And I agree with others: Dungy is so far removed from this franchise at this point that constantly talking about him really doesn't have a whole lot of value to many fans.
Yo, Danny boy...I agree!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For All of You Dungy Defenders, Defend THIS... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools