Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: you're all a bunch of pagans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 13, 2009, 08:19:18 AM

I have a guy at the church I pastor who thinks the same way.  We shouldn't celebrate Easter, Christmas, Halloween, etc, because they are all pagan holidays.
That's why I dressed up in bunny costume this morning to present my costume, and always play the part of Santa at Christmas!!

you dress up during the holidays to mock one of your churchgoers?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 13, 2009, 09:18:40 AM

If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't celebrate any of these "holidays".  But I love the magic that these holidays create in the eyes of the little ones. 

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 13, 2009, 09:35:27 AM

I always wondered where the extra day went? If Jesus died on Good Friday, and rose on the third day, that would be Monday not Sunday.

Why is Ham considered a traditional Easter meal? Did the Apostles chow down on ham after Jesus came back? Lamb would make a symbolic sense but none of the stores have Lamb on sale, just ham and turkey. Pretty sure Jesus and friends didn't chow down on Turkey.

I'm gonna start a new tradition for Easter, Roast Rabbit.

Yummy Rabbitt!

Just FYI - check this wiki out about easter Monday: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Monday

Basically they cut Monday off in the 19th century and letting people work vs. giving them the day off.  Lot's of countries have today as a .gov holiday (Germany for example: Oster Montag).

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 13, 2009, 09:47:19 AM

I have a guy at the church I pastor who thinks the same way. We shouldn't celebrate Easter, Christmas, Halloween, etc, because they are all pagan holidays.
That's why I dressed up in bunny costume this morning to present my costume, and always play the part of Santa at Christmas!!

it was a joke.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 13, 2009, 11:02:37 AM

I have a guy at the church I pastor who thinks the same way. We shouldn't celebrate Easter, Christmas, Halloween, etc, because they are all pagan holidays.

it was a joke.

Christians are not allowed to have a sense of humor. The memo was posted here in the Cove, I'm sure you read it.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 13, 2009, 01:35:51 PM

I find the term "pagan" to be highly offensive.  I prefer the term "Godless Heathen".

Thanks.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 13, 2009, 02:41:33 PM

rock on

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 13, 2009, 03:07:19 PM

I find the term "pagan" to be highly offensive.  I prefer the term "Godless Heathen".

Thanks.

Pagans aren't "godless heathens" they have lots of gods, they just haven't committed to one. They are like the JavaBuc of religions.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 13, 2009, 03:30:50 PM

Skull, have you ever read or heard any interviews with John Lash about the Gnostics, the Nag Hammadi texts and their theory of alien (Archons) intrusion? The Christian church did a great job of quashing a lot of this material. Luckily, somebody was smart enough to put away some of this stuff for safe keeping.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 13, 2009, 04:15:06 PM

I find the term "pagan" to be highly offensive. I prefer the term "Godless Heathen".

Thanks.

Pagans aren't "godless heathens" they have lots of gods, they just haven't committed to one. They are like the JavaBuc of religions.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 13, 2009, 04:16:46 PM

Skull, have you ever read or heard any interviews with John Lash about the Gnostics, the Nag Hammadi texts and their theory of alien (Archons) intrusion? The Christian church did a great job of quashing a lot of this material. Luckily, somebody was smart enough to put away some of this stuff for safe keeping.

What's up Joe??  I've got to admit I have never talked with ANYONE as involved in the strange and unkown as you!  It must be pretty scary inside that head of yours at times...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 13, 2009, 07:15:13 PM

What's up Joe??  I've got to admit I have never talked with ANYONE as involved in the strange and unkown as you!  It must be pretty scary inside that head of yours at times...

You believe a man walked on water, turned water into wine and raised the dead. You believe a woman was made impregnated by God. You believe a man returned from the dead after three days.

And you say I'm involved with the strange and unknown?

And the HUGE difference between you and I is that I don't claim to have/know the truth and don't claim that everything I write or talk about is fact. Lots of speculation on my part and I've said that many times.

And as far as the Nag Hammadi texts and the Archons? Have you ever delved into that stuff at all? As a Christian, I would think you'd be aware of what the Gnostics had to say.
If you think that the NH texts are unknown, then I don't know what to tell you.

Oh, and the other difference between you and I is I don't base my beliefs on a book written and edited by men. I consider anecdotal and written evidence but I need more than that to form a belief. A lot more.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 13, 2009, 08:15:32 PM

I'm familar with the Nag Hammadi.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 13, 2009, 08:29:36 PM

Simmer down Joe, simmer down.

You know what I mean, and I know you do Joe!  You believe in everything, regardless of whether it makes sense or not!  Let some scandinavian guy with curly hair study something for a few years that calls himself an "expert" and you believe what he says?!

You are entitled to your beliefs brother, but man, how about picking a "few" and sticking with them?!  You bounce around more than Tiger does.  But it's all good man.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 13, 2009, 08:42:53 PM

I'm familar with the Nag Hammadi.

I read some of that. It struck me as more Hindu with a few JudeoChristian names thrown in than anything. Their Genesis was kind of reversed from Biblical versions with the devil figure creating Earth and man (in defiance of the supreme creator) and the benevolent Pista Sophia (the force of wisedom) leading man to take from the tree of knowledge in order to free him from servitude/blind worship.

It was very Hindu-like in its use of entities/figures that were both male and female, ying and yang type thing.

Didn't see any alien connection though, but I only read a small part.   

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: you're all a bunch of pagans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools