Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 5 smartest and dumbest moves of the offseason [bucs make both list] « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

Booker

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 12, 2009, 10:01:25 PM

Or a playoff game, at home none the less.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 12, 2009, 10:05:49 PM

Or a playoff game, at home none the less.

lol, not easy to get a team back to elite status when you give up the number of picks this franchise gave up ... QB position has never been settled, I'll give you that ... otherwise Gruden's a good coach that would have won playoff games and maybe even more Super Bowls here if allowed to continue ...  but PR dictated making a move now .... so be it

#17 : April 12, 2009, 10:28:17 PM

lol, not easy to get a team back to elite status when you give up the number of picks this franchise gave up

or don't hit on the 1st round selections that should be this team's current foundation.... Carnell, Clayton, and Gaines.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 12, 2009, 10:32:09 PM

The whole Gruden won with Dungy's team is the worse argument ever!  If I remember correctly we played OAKLAND which would have been "GRUDEN'S" team.  We will have to wait and see on K2, but I believe he will be great in Jags system.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 12, 2009, 11:13:18 PM

Couldn't agree more bada and King, so sick of the "Gruden won with Dungy's team" nonsense. Just goes to show this writer did no research into his statements or he would have found out many players on that team actually were brought in by Gruden -- about 15-20 if I remember right.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 12, 2009, 11:29:48 PM

Couldn't agree more bada and King, so sick of the "Gruden won with Dungy's team" nonsense. Just goes to show this writer did no research into his statements or he would have found out many players on that team actually were brought in by Gruden -- about 15-20 if I remember right.

Or that several key players were Wyche's.....

#21 : April 12, 2009, 11:31:17 PM

Firing Gruden was not smart.

6 seasons removed from the Superbowl, exactly how many more years should we have waited?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 12, 2009, 11:33:10 PM

I won't argue with the move to can Gruden/Allen....I just think the timing of it was dumb.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#23 : April 12, 2009, 11:39:38 PM

6 seasons removed from the Superbowl, exactly how many more years should we have waited?

None!  Glad Gruden and Allen are gone....And glad the Glazers had the guts to pull the trigger....

Booker

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 12, 2009, 11:41:11 PM

Why?

jcdoll

Starter

#25 : April 12, 2009, 11:48:11 PM

The whole Gruden won with Dungy's team is the worse argument ever!  If I remember correctly we played OAKLAND which would have been "GRUDEN'S" team.  We will have to wait and see on K2, but I believe he will be great in Jags system.

I agree it's the dumbest argument ever....just wish people would let it go.  I was a huge Gruden supporter, and believe the Glaziers made the wrong move by firing him, but at the end of the day they are the owners and I'm still a Buc's fan so I will show my support regardless who the coach is.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 12, 2009, 11:58:54 PM

Yep.  that entire article was rendered worthless when he mentioned that winning with dungy's team foolishness.   That exposed him as a moron.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 12, 2009, 11:59:34 PM

And then go on to not win with your own team makes you?

Gruden won us the Super Bowl with his players.  Keenan McCardell, Joe Jurevicius, Michael Pittman, Ken Dilger.  

Brad Johnson, Simeon Rice, Keyshawn Johnson played with Dungy for what, 1 season?

Our Defense was always dominate.  Remember in 99 when we held St. Louis to 11 pts?  Its just that our offense was putrid under Dungy.  In 2002, with Gruden's offensive players, we won.

If we kept Dungy and his horrible O, we would have been known as the team that fell short yet again because all we scored were field goals.

Bruce Allen was Gruden's worse enemy and brought him limited talent to work with.  I like Gruden, but also agree that it was time for a change. With that being said, don't take away from what he did for this team, putting us on the board of Super Bowl champs.

Dungy won 1 super bowl with frickin Peyton Manning as his QB.  He is just as big a dissapointment, if not bigger, for the Colts.  I think I could win a Super Bowl as coach of Peyton Manning.

Yeah, I never bought the "Gruden won the SB with Dungy's team" bullspit. He may have won it with Dungy's defense - but the offense was all his. McCardell was a huge impact, as was Dilger and Pittman. I hate that argument. Its like saying Tony Dungy won with Sam Wyche's team. Truth be told, Gruden took "Dungy's Team" to the Super Bowl while Bill Callahan took Gruden's team to the Super Bowl....and that was actually more accurate because not only did Oakland have pretty much the same personnel, Callahan didn't change the playbook - SLUGGO C, baby!

I think it was time for Gruden to go - but I'll be damned if I let anyone take the Super Bowl away from him. That was his...and our greatest achievement.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 12, 2009, 11:59:47 PM

lol, not easy to get a team back to elite status when you give up the number of picks this franchise gave up

or don't hit on the 1st round selections that should be this team's current foundation.... Carnell, Clayton, and Gaines.

Yeah because nobody ever misses on 1st rounders ... only Gru/Allen  

Booker

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 13, 2009, 12:02:03 AM

Gruden won with his team and that is the dumbest argument no doubt.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 5 smartest and dumbest moves of the offseason [bucs make both list] « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools