Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 Strength of Schedule released « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : April 14, 2009, 09:24:26 AM

interesting how the two Super Bowl teams (Pitts and Arizona) have the easiest schedule next year.

DailyRich68

Starter
#16 : April 14, 2009, 09:41:23 AM

Like I've been saying, even if last year's team had come back completely intact with no coaching change, we'd still be looking at a long season.

I don't agree.   I think the Bucs would have traded for Cutler, signed Haynesworth and would be en route to a possible superbowl victory.

Um, okay.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 14, 2009, 10:05:09 AM

we could have def won a super bowl wit Gruden.

I think everyone would agree with that.  I know I would.

DailyRich68

Starter
#18 : April 14, 2009, 10:06:05 AM

So Gruden and Allen would have magically been able to do every single thing fans wanted Dominik to do but didn't?  Wow, how convenient.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#19 : April 14, 2009, 10:15:39 AM

Like I've been saying, even if last year's team had come back completely intact with no coaching change, we'd still be looking at a long season.

I don't agree. I think the Bucs would have traded for Cutler, signed Haynesworth and would be en route to a possible superbowl victory.

That's funny as hell bro'.......that you might have that vision..

PWNASAURUS

Starter

#20 : April 14, 2009, 03:55:27 PM

I don't agree.   I think the Bucs would have traded for Cutler, signed Haynesworth and would be en route to a possible superbowl victory.
Once again, only you and your Gruden loving buddy Chaz see this. Get Gruden's schlong out of your mouth and wipe his "juice" out of your eyes. I think it's blinding you.

kmitchell

Starter

#21 : April 14, 2009, 03:59:06 PM

Is it still too early to call a Bears-Patriots Super Bowl?

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 14, 2009, 04:01:54 PM

Wow, the NFL released the strength of schedule...something that could have been determined mathmatically the moment the last regular season game was played last year?  Most of the time, the NFL does a good job of hyping up their offseason events, but this is hilarious.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#23 : April 14, 2009, 04:03:39 PM

I know its too early to tell, but 2010 looks freakin loaded at QB.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 14, 2009, 04:41:27 PM

I know its too early to tell, but 2010 looks freakin loaded at QB.

Which is why we signed Lefty. Insurance to get us thru 1 year then we get our QB.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 14, 2009, 04:44:06 PM

Goes without saying the Packers, Bears and Vikings always will be on the bottom of this list because their division is so pitiful. Probably could say the same about the NFC West and AFC West. Awful, just awful. If San Diego doesn't win that division by 4 games, that's underachieving.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#26 : April 14, 2009, 04:45:31 PM

I have to shake my head and laugh; even a thread on the 2009 NFL schedule quickly veers off topic and turns in to yet another debate between the Gruden defenders and the Gruden haters.  Amazing.  Actually, it's not amazing; I should have expected it, it's very predictable.

Wow, the NFL released the strength of schedule...something that could have been determined mathmatically the moment the last regular season game was played last year?  Most of the time, the NFL does a good job of hyping up their offseason events, but this is hilarious.
Yeah, I thought the same thing; it seems somewhat forced.  One thing about the NFL, they are a very well run business that does a good job of marketing its product.  I wouldn't expect schedule release day to turn in to an event like draft day, but who knows?  It's a low risk, high upside move that if nothing else, keeps the NFL in the minds of sports fans in the off-season.

And it does give us a reprieve from the debate over whom to draft, what position should the team use its only day one pick on, who's the best receiver, and other arguments and very strong opinions over players that most of us have never seen play.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 14, 2009, 06:44:02 PM

Strength of schedule means nothing. Pittsburgh won the SB last year and they had the toughest schedule in the league and one of the toughest ever.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 Strength of Schedule released « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools