Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is it the right time??? « previous next »
Page: 1

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

: January 31, 2007, 01:00:51 PM

I am in a "discussion" with some one that is making a prediction that the Bucs will absolutely fail next season and Gruden will be fired. My stance is that it is way too early to make such a statement since the 2006 season isn't completely over. There is an entire off season to happen along with a training camp/pre-season. So to say anything now would be a waste of time and energy. Bottom line is that this, we'll call him "wack-job", wants the ability to say who was wrong and who was right which to me is completely retarded.

So the question again is when is it the right time to make a prediction?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 31, 2007, 01:04:55 PM

Predecitions can be made any time for fun, entertainment, etc.  I always take the wait and see approach. 8)   

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 31, 2007, 01:13:05 PM

ADW is right, they can be made any time. But a well informed prognosticator would wait until after June 1st, when any impact players will already have been signed or drafted and any coaching changes will be done deals..

If you want to give "wack-job" fits, relentlessly ask him why he thinks what he does. It's not likely he'll give you any concrete reasons..

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 31, 2007, 01:22:20 PM

the way the NFL is these days, i'd say week 12 of the '07 season is an appropriate time to make a prediction about how a teams season will go....

kidding aside, as late as possible, there are FA signings and cuts after the draft, and there's always a surprise or 2 in training camp...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 31, 2007, 01:28:36 PM

Not saying we are the 2007 version of the Saints but who in their right mind thought Brees would be as good as he was and that the Saints would be as good as they were? Its a league of parity, anything can happen. I think that given our circumstances with some cap room (granted its about avg for the rest of the league) and draft position, we can see or start seeing the makings of a really good young/talented team in the next year or 2. Its no fun rebuilding but we are in a prime position capwise and draft position wise to really acquire some good talent and use that talent for years to come.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 31, 2007, 01:30:45 PM

How can anyone make a fair judgement about the Bucs before seeing at least what they get in the FA pond, and who they grab from the draft?

There are so many decisions to be made yet, that to be fair and to come off witha better POV without looking too much like a blind homer, you should wait a few months before spouting off about predictions, IMO.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#6 : January 31, 2007, 03:37:57 PM

Ok so far I agree with everything that has been said and has been my stance to Mr. Wack-Job. Yet he feels that it's not impossible to make a prediction based off the 2006 season. Again I pointed out that one year has very little to do with the next and that making a prediction now is useless since as we have all stated there is alot to happen during the off season. Like I said, I'm under the impression he wants the ability to say he was right if things go as he "predicticed".

I also pointed out to Wack-Job that following the 2004 season he made the same prediction and in 2005 the Bucs won the division title and I barely heard from him...yeah that didn't sit well with him.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#7 : January 31, 2007, 03:40:07 PM

good time would be after next pre-season games.....

as for the we suck already, well, we are in perfect cap position, and stand one hell of a chance at the division title next year

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is it the right time??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools