Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAS LEFTWICH EVER HAD THIS MUCH TALENT AROUND HIM??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

: April 14, 2009, 01:25:52 PM

I think many are being too critical of the Bucs front office in aquiring Byron Leftwich. I mean think about it, has he ever had this much talent on offense surround him? With Antonio Bryant and Kellen Winslow Jr. to throw to and a solid O-Line which he never had in J-Ville,  I definetly feel we may see the Byron Leftwich of his Marshall days. The only thing he had going for him in J-Ville was their running game, which this year with the Bucs should be solid with the aquisition of D-Ward. He had two First Round jokes at wide reciever in Reggie Williams and the most laughable in Matt Jones. I mean come on, Lets see what he can do when he is surrounded by recievers that can actually catch the ball and not have some of the worst recievers in the league in dropped balls which he had in Reggie Williams and Matt Jones. Also with an O-Line that can not only open holes in the run game, but can also protect the Quarterback. The only knock I have on him is his annoying release of the ball and his mobility, which hopefully he wont need with an O-line that can give him time to throw the ball. This is my oppinion and im sticking to it. McCown lovers are invited in on the convo.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 14, 2009, 01:31:50 PM

He did look a little better with the Steelers. I know I'm not critical at all since this means to me that Freeman is not an option and won't be as good a pro as Leftwich anyway.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 14, 2009, 01:32:30 PM

Guys like Brady have proven that the good QB's get theirs even without a ton of talent (Brady made his name tossing to a cast of spares pre-Moss and Welker).  I don't think Bryon is gonna become something he isn't suddenly. Hes' had his shot and he's a near-replacement level starting QB in the NFL.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 14, 2009, 01:33:53 PM

Didn't he have Fred Taylor RB , Jimmy Smith WR, Reggie Williams WR and Kyle Brady TE on the 2004 Jags?   He had more talent around him then than he does now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 14, 2009, 01:34:49 PM

Jacksonville's offensive line really wasn't a problem.

2003: 9th fewest sacks allowed
2004: 9th fewest sacks allowed
2005: 15th fewest sacks allowed
2006: 12th fewest sacks allowed

By contract here are the Bucs:

2007: 18th fewest sacks allowed
2008: 16th fewest sacks allowed

The line Leftwich played with in Jacksonville consistently gave up fewer sacks than the Bucs'.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 14, 2009, 01:37:31 PM

I don't think its about talent around him...it's more of a personal lack of talent on BYRON'S behalf.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 14, 2009, 01:41:20 PM

According to ESPN, Leftwich has more talent around him in Tampa than ever before in his career.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 14, 2009, 01:43:00 PM

According to ESPN, Leftwich has more talent around him in Tampa than ever before in his career.

Not at skill positions, but I don't know how good the OL was for the jags in 2004.   The edge likely still goes to the 2004 Jags simply because Taylor is head and shoulders better than any back on the current Bucs roster.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 14, 2009, 01:45:48 PM

Guess TB is a Leftwich lover.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 14, 2009, 02:06:46 PM

Really???

Bryant and Clayton are better than Heinz Ward and S. Holmes??? Graham>Willie Parker??? Tampa's O line > the Steelers'?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 14, 2009, 02:12:55 PM

Really???

Bryant and Clayton are better than Heinz Ward and S. Holmes??? Graham>Willie Parker??? Tampa's O line > the Steelers'?

JG:

I think they meant in the context of him as a potential starter. He was/would be just a backup in Pitt.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 14, 2009, 02:17:52 PM

Really???

I'm with ya, Gault.  That's tough to swallow.  Considering that group WON A SUPERBOWL.

HoustonBucsFan

Second String
#12 : April 14, 2009, 02:24:15 PM

Really???

I'm with ya, Gault.  That's tough to swallow.  Considering that group WON A SUPERBOWL.

I think they are talking about jacksonville, not the Steelers.  He did not play there much.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#13 : April 14, 2009, 02:27:27 PM

Really???

I actually do think we have a better OL than the Steelers. Their OL is not very good at all. The rest is right though. But Lefty hardly played there.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 14, 2009, 02:30:45 PM

Really???

I think they are talking about jacksonville, not the Steelers. He did not play there much.

I believe the quote was "EVER".

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAS LEFTWICH EVER HAD THIS MUCH TALENT AROUND HIM??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools