Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAS LEFTWICH EVER HAD THIS MUCH TALENT AROUND HIM??? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#75 : April 15, 2009, 09:32:13 AM

I agree 100% DTG, Brady couldve gone their that year and stunk it up. That team was bad, definetly not Leftwich's fault.

#76 : April 15, 2009, 11:19:16 AM

I think the TC competition will decide who is the starter (duh.)

More importantly, IF Luke is the guy - I'd like to see the Coach come out and specifically say we're going
with him barring injury, win, lose draw (at least for 8 or so games.)

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#77 : April 15, 2009, 05:54:44 PM

Mediocre in Jax, terrible in Atlanta, decent in Pittsburgh, starter in TB? Pass.

But it's ok to start a QB that was terrible in Cleveland and terrible here lacking leadership  ::) get real. May the best (don't do as bad) man win.

Trust me, I'm not super thrilled about Luke either, but I think he'll be better than Leftwich. The sad thing is there wasn't much else to go with this offseason (excluding the Cutler fiasco). So I'm on the Luke bandwagon by default.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#78 : April 15, 2009, 05:56:58 PM

Knowing this fan base (the same fan base that ran a coach out of town after two consectuive winning seasons), If McCown throws one pick in week one, people will be clamoring for Leftwich. I gurantee it.

Not this fan. I'm perfectly willing to live with the growing pains as long as I see improvement. Not sure all fans would agree with me though.

For how long?  You didn't seem to put up with Gruden, even though he was able to pull winning seasons out a team that was clearly in rebuilding mode...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : April 15, 2009, 06:15:28 PM

sunnyD - i think you are "baby"ing mccown a bit here.  if he cant handle a few stories from kaufman and stroud after a bad game he certainly shouldnt be in the NFL.  what fan base does he have to worry about?  we are gonna find out if he's a player or not, and leftwich has nothing to do with that.  signing a QB such as leftwich was a solid move...no reason to go into the season with no depth imo.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#80 : April 15, 2009, 06:54:06 PM

Knowing this fan base (the same fan base that ran a coach out of town after two consectuive winning seasons), If McCown throws one pick in week one, people will be clamoring for Leftwich. I gurantee it.

Not this fan. I'm perfectly willing to live with the growing pains as long as I see improvement. Not sure all fans would agree with me though.

For how long? You didn't seem to put up with Gruden, even though he was able to pull winning seasons out a team that was clearly in rebuilding mode...

I "put up" with Gruden for longer than he deserved. 7 years was more than enough time to find a QB that fit his complex system. IMO, he was not into rebuilding.... he was into applying bandaids. Obviously, the Glazers saw it the same way.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 15, 2009, 07:00:42 PM

Six years without a playoff victory is plenty long enough.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 15, 2009, 07:01:52 PM

Are we gonna go down the Gruden road again?

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#83 : April 15, 2009, 08:43:52 PM

For how long? You didn't seem to put up with Gruden, even though he was able to pull winning seasons out a team that was clearly in rebuilding mode...

I "put up" with Gruden for longer than he deserved. 7 years was more than enough time to find a QB that fit his complex system. IMO, he was not into rebuilding.... he was into applying bandaids. Obviously, the Glazers saw it the same way.

If one discounts the first of the 7 (well they won the SB maybe they get a pass) and perhaps the second bc the whole damn team returned (and Johnson's arm went South) you would be correct to note that years of finding a qb were not successful. 

Seems the buccs aren't good at finding FAs, drafting talent at qb - or any other position according to some, and Gruden and Allen simply stole their salaries - while going without 4 top picks, and salary cap issues that cleared up in the last two years.     But yea, they couldn't get a good qb - for whatever reason - lack of FA qb talent, unfortunate slots in the drafts... surprised their executions were ordered up by the benevolent ownership who chase fans out of the stadium with huge price increases.  But wait, I digress. 

Oh enough, I am starting to wonder when folks like you will put their Gruden grinding crap down and move forward ignoring jabs from Java.  It is time.  JMVHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#84 : April 16, 2009, 12:21:45 PM

So, again.  How long will you put up with Morris if he fails to deliver?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#85 : April 16, 2009, 01:40:06 PM

So, again.  How long will you put up with Morris if he fails to deliver?

as long as the glazers want us to.  i just dont understand why fans of the Team are already concerning themselves with the possibility of his failure rather than the possibility of his success.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNation408

Second String

#86 : April 16, 2009, 02:05:05 PM

My point is..................... Why bucs need   QB Leftwich?? for what??? ??? We got Johnson , Griese , and luke !  :)they are pretty good QB......Right??? ::)

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 16, 2009, 04:14:05 PM

My point is..................... Why bucs need   QB Leftwich?? for what??? ??? We got Johnson , Griese , and luke !  :)they are pretty good QB......Right??? ::)

we no need Griese.....we need better QB...we sign Leftwich...Leftwich temporary till we draft new QB....

#88 : April 16, 2009, 04:18:55 PM

Johnson+Leftwich+McCown > Johnson+Griese+McCown.

I really don't believe that Morris is very high on Griese.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: HAS LEFTWICH EVER HAD THIS MUCH TALENT AROUND HIM??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools