Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

Scholty

Pro Bowler

: April 29, 2009, 05:22:59 PM

bumped to tempt Morgan
You are sooooo evil!

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 29, 2009, 09:38:36 PM

Mr. Presidential...

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 14, 2009, 01:33:41 PM

i heard the thread got deleted, so i never saw what it was about, anyone mind giving me some insight?

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 14, 2009, 02:38:12 PM

Here's an article that summarizes it pretty well.  It started with Rick Santelli from CNBC...

US protesters brew 'tea party' tax revolt
5 hours ago

NEW YORK (AFP) — Critics of President Barack Obama's handling of the economy are planning nationwide "tea parties" Wednesday -- and not for the sake of polite conversation.

Coast-to-coast demonstrations against Obama's big-spending economic stimulus package are promised for the day that is also the deadline for filing federal income tax returns.

more....

The protests are named after the 1773 Boston Tea Party in which disgruntled Americans rebelled against British colonial taxes, an iconic moment in the path to US independence.

This time, ire is directed at Obama's 787-billion-dollar anti-recession stimulus package and the projected ballooning of the budget deficit.

The man credited with sparking the idea is CNBC television's spectacularly loud-mouthed commentator Rick Santelli, who called on air from the Chicago Board of Trade for a "Chicago tea party."

Santelli's earlier tirade in February against government bailouts for mortgage defaulters, which he said encouraged "bad behavior," has been viewed on YouTube more than a million times.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hIWJB0EBsIRWMzWP5t9irdVFz-Ew

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 14, 2009, 03:36:21 PM

They are put on by Right Wing Extremist groups that want to overthrow the Government and hate Obama.  By joining a Tea Party or similar movement you affirm your racist tendencies and deserve to be deported to a FEMA camp. /sarcasm off

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/04/14/tea-party-protestors-gird-possible-backlash/

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/02/21/tea-party-usa-the-movement-grows/

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

kmitchell

Starter

#5 : April 14, 2009, 04:11:06 PM

They want to teabag the White House!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=220573&title=IndigNation!-Populist-Uprising-%2709---The-Enragening

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 14, 2009, 04:14:57 PM

I wish i could go to the Portland one but I decided I cant skip school and work 2 straight days. I rather wait in line for playoff tickets. But I expect turnouts to be large in most cities. Love to see pictures of them.

#7 : April 14, 2009, 04:18:56 PM

Its people who dont want Obama to keep ruining our country in ways that cant be reversed

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 14, 2009, 04:50:38 PM

well, it seems that people are joining these things because they are republicans, but they offer no change at all either.  and they seem bitter they lost the election.

is there anything or anyway that i can say "hey, i disagree with what obama is doing, i disagree with what the republicans did, and i want something different and non corrupt"

this tea party just seems like a big republican thing.

#9 : April 14, 2009, 04:57:00 PM

what do you mean by "offer no change"? These are people who dont want to see the constitution flushed down the toilet, with massive government spending. THATS the message. That the govt shouldnt be taking charge and tryign to solve everything, because its going to have enormous implications down the road

its not a big Republican thing, its about being fiscally conservative which believe it or not most liberals wnat also

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 14, 2009, 04:57:57 PM

well, it seems that people are joining these things because they are republicans, but they offer no change at all either.  and they seem bitter they lost the election.

is there anything or anyway that i can say "hey, i disagree with what obama is doing, i disagree with what the republicans did, and i want something different and non corrupt"

this tea party just seems like a big republican thing.

your wrong... a group from my college is going at they are the farthest thing from R

kmitchell

Starter

#11 : April 14, 2009, 05:00:59 PM

what do you mean by "offer no change"? These are people who dont want to see the constitution flushed down the toilet, with massive government spending. THATS the message. That the govt shouldnt be taking charge and tryign to solve everything, because its going to have enormous implications down the road

its not a big Republican thing, its about being fiscally conservative which believe it or not most liberals wnat also

Maybe the stimulus can throw a couple billion into your school system to teach you how to spell.

These people aren't going to change anything by taking the day off to hold signs. 36 million people worldwide protested the Iraq War, and you can see how little the Governments of the invading countries were bothered by that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 14, 2009, 05:02:21 PM

Its people who dont want Obama to keep ruining our country in ways that cant be reversed

The tea parties aren't supposed to be about Obama at all.  That will not accomplish what is trying to be accomplished.

It will be interesting to see all of the fake tea party-goers trying to infiltrate these things, though...which is read is what the crazy blogs are telling them to do.  Telling folks to make racist signs about Obama so the parties look bad...classy.

#13 : April 14, 2009, 05:14:05 PM

why is it that simple typos are misconstrued into not being able to spell? This is typically your level of response when you realize you dont know what the hell you are talking about kmitchell

If only the stimulus could go into teaching ignorant teenagers about US history and simple economics maybe millions of idiots wouldnt have voted for Obama

Biggs, you are right. Its not about Obama, but it is about the direction he is sending this country, These things wouldnt be taking place if not for his policies

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 14, 2009, 05:15:21 PM

The tea parties aren't supposed to be about Obama at all.  That will not accomplish what is trying to be accomplished.

It will be interesting to see all of the fake tea party-goers trying to infiltrate these things, though...which is read is what the crazy blogs are telling them to do.  Telling folks to make racist signs about Obama so the parties look bad...classy.

expect anything different from the progressives? I dont

Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools