Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 14, 2009, 05:18:44 PM

Biggs, you are right. Its not about Obama, but it is about the direction he is sending this country, These things wouldnt be taking place if not for his policies

It's not just his policies.

IMO, it's very much more about Congress blatantly ignoring the will of their constituents on BOTH of the Stimulus packages (that were put forth by Bush and Obama) under the guise of "We know what's better for you.  Shut up and take it without any lube."

#16 : April 14, 2009, 05:26:25 PM

good point

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 14, 2009, 05:30:22 PM

Biggs, you are right. Its not about Obama, but it is about the direction he is sending this country, These things wouldnt be taking place if not for his policies

It's not just his policies.

IMO, it's very much more about Congress blatantly ignoring the will of their constituents on BOTH of the Stimulus packages (that were put forth by Bush and Obama) under the guise of "We know what's better for you.  Shut up and take it without any lube."

100% true. Thats what many on the right and left forget

The libs cried that Bush was bankrupting the country, well now ignoring Obama

The repubs cheered Bush big govt well slamming Obama

Bush bailouts are the reason I said no to the R in 08

#18 : April 14, 2009, 10:59:43 PM

These tea parties should be more about speaking out against an gov't that isn't listening to the people.  Whether they have an R or a D by their names.  Whether it was the last POTUS, or the current one.  Its speaking out against the gov't targeting private firms and the american people in general for not spending money in spite of tightening budgets.  Its speaking out about the department of homeland security's report regarding "extremists."

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#19 : April 14, 2009, 11:24:16 PM

Tea party?  how corny.

The original Tea party was a protest against taxation without representation. Last I knew we are able to vote now, and we arent ruled by England. 

How sad and desperate conservatives have become.

#20 : April 14, 2009, 11:50:29 PM

Tea party?  how corny.

The original Tea party was a protest against taxation without representation. Last I knew we are able to vote now, and we arent ruled by England. 

How sad and desperate conservatives have become.

Well, have you had to do business in another state before?  Was it ever a considerable amount of business?  Consider athletes who have to pay taxes to states that they don't live in, and hence don't get to be involved in what matters in said states, but they sure have to pay a tax there. 

Apparently you are okay with the constitution being stepped on then?  It has nothing to do with one particular branch, or party and has everything to do with not agreeing with the considerable amount of spending that this gov't has done in the past several years, whether it be Bush's watch, or Obama's.

#21 : April 15, 2009, 01:49:14 PM

well considering that it isn't restricted to R's so to speak, but rather anyone that did NOT want bailouts for these companies, and want both R's and D's from this gov't to start listening to the people that elected them.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 15, 2009, 02:38:06 PM

from ABC's Jake Tapper...

TAPPER:  Does the White House have any response to the protests, the tea party protests going on across the street and in other parts of the country?

GIBBS:  I don't know if there's a specific response to protest as much as there is -- I think you saw the president today talk about, as candidate Obama, promising to bring a tax cut to 95 percent of working families in America and, as president, delivering that tax cut. Let's, for the benefit of everyone, go through what some of these are.  The Making Work Pay tax credit, which gives $800 for a working -- working households, as I said, helps 95 percent of working families, which is over 120 million households in all.

And it is the most workers to -- as the president said -- the most workers to ever receive a tax cut in the history of this country. During the recovery period, Making Work Pay is expected to put more than $100 billion into the pocket of hard-working Americans. We expanded the first-time homebuyer tax credit, and over $3 billion in credits have already been paid out to first-time homebuyers to, not surprisingly, spur the purchase of a home.

There was an increase in the Earned Income Tax Credit.  There was an increase in the American Opportunity Tax Credit that is available now for up to four years of college and is the first college tax benefit to be partially refundable, which helps middle-income families. We could go on and on.  The president promised significant tax relief for working families in this country and, in the first month of his administration, delivered just that to the American people.

TAPPER:  And ask one quick question about something the president said.  When he refers to $2 trillion having been cut out of the budget over the next 10 years, is it accurate to say that about $1.5 trillion of that is from drawing down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

GIBBS:  I could check with CBO on -- on some specifics on -- or not CBO, OMB.  Sorry, I got my vowels all mixed up.  We'll check on that.
[/u]

-- jpt

Loose cannon

Rookie

#23 : April 15, 2009, 06:05:42 PM

More like Republican Koolaid parties instead of tea parties.Why do these people hate democracy so much?

swirless

Pro Bowler

#24 : April 15, 2009, 06:20:47 PM

These are not republican parties or events they are american events that all americans should be aware of what the government is doing to your taxes, you get a $12/week tax break right now but in 2011, that goes away as a deduction you have every year unless you are making $500,000, will go into effect and the government starts taking your money to pay for the $trillion dollar tab, all elected officials are supposed to listen to us "WE THE PEOPLE" and Congress is not, nor is the president.  I think this is the beginning of the end for democratic and republican parties as we know it in the US, and both of those parties need to start listening to their constituents now............there is a reason that national sales of guns and ammunition is way up in the US over teh past 6 months when the Consumer price index is down for the first time in 54 years

Booker

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 15, 2009, 06:23:25 PM

More like Republican Koolaid parties instead of tea parties.Why do these people hate democracy so much?

Where is this so called democracy you speak of?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 15, 2009, 07:35:03 PM

2,000 showed up in Salem, OR

tonight at 6 they are having one in downtown Portland I may attend

well the Oregonian newspaper lied about how many attended (shocking). KATU and KGW news said atleast 3,000 and the head of it had 3200 people sign a petition.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 15, 2009, 06:53:19 PM

Here's just a few pics - CA, Illinois, Nashville, Denver, Michigan, NY, Cincinnati, and Mass...

Loose cannon

Rookie

#28 : April 15, 2009, 06:57:43 PM

Where is this so called democracy you speak of?
It was all over this beautiful country in November

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 15, 2009, 07:06:14 PM

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools