Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#195 : April 27, 2009, 05:56:44 PM

b/c Galt keeps bumping this thead to the top of the forum.

Because your posts determine the need for him to do so.

You are a looter.

No offense, you just can't escape your programming without a lot of input. So long as you're engaged in the debate, you're obviously curious about the topic.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#196 : April 28, 2009, 09:27:01 AM

The teabaggers are a small minority. The majority of Americans don't agree w/ them. The majority have already shown their preference: maximize gov't handouts, minimize the taxes they pay, maximize the use of credit, minimize the % of home loans, etc. This group of teabaggers is nothing new. There have always been a disgruntled minority unhappy with the state of affairs in America. It was really a slow newsday when they had their little get togethers. Now they're an afterthought.
I would say that you are more then likely correct about your assessment of the majority, however, I am not sure you could call them all citizens.

If this indeed is the case,  then the majority has become a true burden on society, and this burden cannot be sustainable without a lowering of the quality of life that has existed in this country for so long and even more burden upon those that actually produce.  When the greatest health risk to the so called poverty class is obesity then you have to assume even the poorest of Americans fair better then the rest of the world.

I can only assume then that you SUPPORT this type of parasitic non-productive environment that our government has created and intends to expand on, such as in the case of our cheesecloth borders and calls for amnesty to those that have criminally entered our country. A country I might add that makes entrance accessable to most all applicants, with those same applicants realizing that their entrance is a great priviledge and opportunity. Those who criminally enter this country seek only their own opportunity without the responsiblity that comes with the priviledge. This is the new voter base that those you support are working hard to garner in order that their control will be maintained for many years to come.

And what is your opinion of those that do not see this type of environment of handouts as beneficial, you call those, that for the most part are the ones that financially support your agenda, sexually derogatory names. You, the one that refuted my pointing out that I believed your opinions are created in the rectum of Obama by saying personal attacks were a sign of ignorance, you use that very tactic on numerous occasssions.  And you do not see the hypocrisy of this?

This disgruntled minority you speak of, were these not the very people who brought civil rights to the forefront of public opinion, were these not the very people that brought the right to vote to women, freedom for slaves, and the very revolution that created this country? There is a power in the minority if properly exercised, and I believe this is what you are attempting to quash, either out of fear that this may gain momemtum to actually change the status quo, ignorance or if you actually believe in your opposing viewpoint. I am not sure which. I am not even sure if this is your viewpoint,  since the bulk of your arguments are merely pasted from others opinions throughout these threads.

Slow newsday, maybe by those news sources you follow, however, behind the scenes I believe those same sources were downplaying and disparaging the teaparty coverage in the hopes to avoid the real headlines of the day. Those being, the release of Napolitano's right wing terrorsts threat report, the first drop in CPI in 54 years,the largest drop in sales tax revenues in years and Castro criticising your chosen one, among others including the First Dog's first presss conference. (Not sure if BO used telepromters or not)

Afterthought, you only HOPE that it is, but don't be so sure. July 4th is coming.

Just one man's opinion.  

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#197 : April 29, 2009, 04:22:49 PM

bumped to tempt Morgan

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#198 : April 29, 2009, 04:49:01 PM

bumped to tempt Morgan

"don't forget to use the force"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#199 : April 29, 2009, 05:02:00 PM

I heard Obama poo-pooed the Tea Parties as well.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#200 : April 30, 2009, 11:36:56 AM

Mr. Presidential...

Clueless...

He says "it's not this recovery plan which is just a small part..." A multi trillion dollar spending bill is just a "small part"????

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#201 : April 30, 2009, 12:20:33 PM

I guess Morgan deleted his FDR comments. 

And no, I wouldn't have said the same thing about FDR because Milton Freidman already did. I'd just refer to the Nobel Prize winner.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#202 : April 30, 2009, 12:26:18 PM

Here is a very good article on The Great Depression

The Perfect Storm
In the decades following Friedman and Schwartz’s work economists started examining other government-policy failures in the aftermath of the crash. They have found an abundant supply of them. Here are several key examples of these bad policies: 1) In response to a sharp decrease in tax revenues in 1930 and 1931 (caused by a slowdown of economic activities), the federal government passed the largest peacetime tax increase in the history of the United States, which clearly applied the brakes on any recovery that could have taken place; 2) the federal government also passed the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act in 1930, substantially increasing tariffs and leading to retaliatory restrictions by trading partners, which resulted in a considerable decrease in demand for U.S. exports and a further slowdown in production (not to mention a loss of mutually advantageous division of labor); 3) the federal government also instituted all sorts of “public works” programs, beginning under Herbert Hoover and increasing dramatically under FDR; the programs removed hundreds of thousands of people from the labor market and engaged them in economically wasteful activities, such as carving faces of dead presidents into the sides of a mountain, preventing or delaying necessary labor-market adjustments; 4) another federal policy that prevented (labor and other) market adjustments was the price and wage controls enacted under the National Recovery Administration and in effect from 1933 until 1935 (when ruled unconstitutional); this policy massively distorted relative market prices, impairing their ability to function as guides to entrepreneurs; 5) the Fed was not blameless after 1933 either. It increased bank-reserve requirements in three steps in 1936 and 1937, leading to another significant decrease in the money supply. The result was the 1937–38 recession within the Depression, adding insult to injury.

and history repeats itself...

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#203 : April 30, 2009, 04:58:07 PM

It can only be determined that the administration either is ignorant of historic precedent or the current "crisis" creates opportunity to consolidate power under a new set of brokers.

...Fabians?

You decide. I'm reading an interesting book by one of FDR's Vice Presidents - Henry Wallace - called "The New Frontier" it's out of print and probably didn't have a great impact - except on the new progressives. It's a blueprint for what they thought should happen, and ironically much has happened...

If you don't know Wallace - he'll remind you a lot of Gore. Very environmentally focused - FDR felt he was a bit of an egghead so he cut him loose...that's real power - the ability to jettison a VP prior to the next election...wow. but what dod those old guys use to say about power...?

Just goes to show you that if you have a plan - it doesn't even matter if it's a good plan - committed people can achieve as much as their dimwitted determination will allow.

...in the name of justice of course...

never outright power...that would be...well...revealing.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools