Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

Snook

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 15, 2009, 08:46:14 PM

"Give me liberty, not debt" ??

Where have these people been?  Did they just wake up and realize the federal government is in debt?

Morons...

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#31 : April 15, 2009, 09:14:52 PM

Where have these people been?  Did they just wake up and realize the federal government is in debt?

Morons...
I believe for the first time in a long time people have gotten fed up with overspending.

Bush and a democratic congress are as much to blame as a the big O.

The anointed one just pushed people enough people over the edge!

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 15, 2009, 09:22:36 PM

Where have these people been? Did they just wake up and realize the federal government is in debt?

Morons...
I believe for the first time in a long time people have gotten fed up with overspending.

Bush and a democratic congress are as much to blame as a the big O.

The anointed one just pushed people enough people over the edge!

So that how your spinning it? 

It was tolerated under Bush, but now its gone too far?

These silly antics by conservatives to get attention and smear the presidents image are embarrasing. Especially coming from the people who proclaimed that anyone who disagreed with the Iraq war was unpatriotic and that speaking out against Bush was helping empower terrorists.

Again, the Tea partys are corny and the people there are lame.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 15, 2009, 09:28:09 PM

I think the US needs a good information session in the form of John Galt although the book is over 50 years old I believe it is starting to ring true in 2009 in the US

Booker

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 15, 2009, 09:31:42 PM

More like Republican Koolaid parties instead of tea parties.Why do these people hate democracy so much?

Where is this so called democracy you speak of?
It was all over this beautiful country in November

No it wasn't. Voting for representatives is a Republic not a democracy

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 15, 2009, 09:35:12 PM

It wasn't, but that doesn't fit your agenda, so you don't acknowledge it.  

When Bush's Stimulus was voted on, these same people who are attending these parties were blowing up Congresses phone system, but they were ignored.  The same thing happened with Obama's Stimulus, and they were ignored again.  This is the first tax day since then, hence the Tea Parties.

#36 : April 15, 2009, 09:38:22 PM

nybucguy, even if some republicans are being hypocrits youve still failed to point out how they are wrong for their stance right now. You dont have a solid argument in favor of the govt spending more money in 1 year than has been spent in 250 years, so you just bash republicans for being hypocrits

btw, Im not sure where you were last fall but there was a ton of conservatives who werent in favor of the original bailout

Typical liberal response

Spitting in the face of the men who founded this country and trampling the constitution should be the real issue but instead you think people who have a problem with that are corny.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#37 : April 15, 2009, 09:38:33 PM

Biggs3535 is so right on, and if the truth were told had John McCain stood up to his principles and led the nation and heard the people and not voted for that Bush stimulus package which included arrows for school kids in Kansas, he may have been president but he showed he was just another politician not a conservative who thought that rushed bill was ridiculous.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#38 : April 15, 2009, 09:40:27 PM

nybucguy, even if some republicans are being hypocrits youve still failed to point out how they are wrong for their stance right

Spitting in the face of the men who founded this country and trampling the constitution should be the real issue but instead you think people who have a problem with that are corny.

you nailed it right on the head, I hope congress is listening today and watching this is just the beginning and the people in disgust of our government are not left wing or right wing they are americans who want the best for the US

EXCELLENT POST Ronde

Bucomatic

Rookie

#39 : April 15, 2009, 10:18:26 PM

Tea party?  how corny.

The original Tea party was a protest against taxation without representation. Last I knew we are able to vote now, and we arent ruled by England. 

How sad and desperate conservatives have become.

Agreed.

#40 : April 15, 2009, 10:40:11 PM

These silly antics by conservatives to get attention and smear the presidents image are embarrasing. Especially coming from the people who proclaimed that anyone who disagreed with the Iraq war was unpatriotic and that speaking out against Bush was helping empower terrorists.

Again, the Tea partys are corny and the people there are lame.

Is that anymore silly then liberal protests?  Or is that real "change" in your opinion?  FYI, my outrage is at the gov't in general.  I'm anger because the republicans couldn't practice what they preach and the democrats just flat out don't care about the constitution.  Bush flat out laid a turd with his stimulus and tarp programs that he helped with.  He owns that, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better with Obama either. 

I'm tired of promises made during election time that don't ever get fulfilled, and tired of politicians who are not listening to the people and think that the people don't matter or don't know what they are talking about. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 15, 2009, 11:00:03 PM

I just got back from the downtown Portland one. Well over a thousand people. Ill post pics, the commies that run Portland said they would fine the people who put it on if they threw tea bags in the willamette river. They also charged the group to put it on... they dont do the same for anti-war protest.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#42 : April 15, 2009, 11:51:28 PM

Stories of the teabaggers - looked like your typical crazy people. Obviously they didn't have to take the day off from work because they're unhireable nutjobs who where already unemployed. Looked like the psych hospitals gave out day passes to everyone.

#43 : April 16, 2009, 12:16:57 AM

Stories of the teabaggers - looked like your typical crazy people. Obviously they didn't have to take the day off from work because they're unhireable nutjobs who where already unemployed. Looked like the psych hospitals gave out day passes to everyone.

So you were in attendance then? ;)

kmitchell

Starter

#44 : April 16, 2009, 12:26:02 AM

It wasn't, but that doesn't fit your agenda, so you don't acknowledge it.  

When Bush's Stimulus was voted on, these same people who are attending these parties were blowing up Congresses phone system, but they were ignored.  The same thing happened with Obama's Stimulus, and they were ignored again.  This is the first tax day since then, hence the Tea Parties.

Quoted for truth.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is this tea party you guys speak of? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools