Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No love for the defense on here? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: October 15, 2006, 10:06:37 PM

Wow, unreal. The defense held it down today. One TD and 2 FG's for a team with an excellent offense. Carson didn't look comfortable for much of the game and that's attributed to this defense. They were flying to the ball, making sure tackles (except Bolden's wiff on C Johnson), and putting hats on the ball. Loved the energy today and hope it continues....

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 15, 2006, 10:08:28 PM

Definitely love for the D. FINALLY. We saw some old fashion Buccaneer defense out there today. They tackled well, they got some pressure on Palmer, they stuffed the run. The only thing they didn't do was cause turnovers...dropped three picks today (2 by Bolden)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 15, 2006, 10:11:52 PM

Defense played very well, with a few exceptions. Very stout against the run. The three dropped INTs were disappointing, it could have given the young QB a short field to operate on, which could have made the game less close than it was. Credit the offense for helping the defense, too. They controlled the TOP, which any defender will tell you is critical to allowing them to play at a high level.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 15, 2006, 10:13:42 PM

Defense played very well, with a few exceptions. Very stout against the run. The three dropped INTs were disappointing, it could have given the young QB a short field to operate on, which could have made the game less close than it was. Credit the offense for helping the defense, too. They controlled the TOP, which any defender will tell you is critical to allowing them to play at a high level.

All good points.  Still a few missed tackles, which was frustrating, and missed turnover opportunities, but definitely back on the right track.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : October 15, 2006, 10:18:32 PM

Maybe they need to be called out more often!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : October 15, 2006, 10:19:23 PM

When they get pressure on the opposing QB and they stop missing very makable tackles then they will get love from me.

They played a much improved football game today but I refuse to lower my expectations of this group. It isn't fair to them, and this game was still not up to par.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 15, 2006, 10:19:50 PM

Gradkowski won the game for the Bucs. (sarcasm). ::)

Exactly, KeeponBucn.  I agree with your topic. ;D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 15, 2006, 10:24:29 PM

Gradkowski won the game for the Bucs. (sarcasm). ::)

He did throw the winning TD pass, on fourth down, no less. So that has to count for SOMETHING, unless you're a Simms apologist.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : October 15, 2006, 10:27:02 PM

It was a great team effort today. The team won, not any individual players. Our QB came through, our OL came through, and our defense came through when they needed to. It was really a great team effort and team victory.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 15, 2006, 10:28:55 PM

He did throw the winning TD pass, on fourth down, no less. So that has to count for SOMETHING, unless you're a Simms apologist.

Why does it have to be one or the other? If Grads played that great of a game the Bucs wouldn't have been in that position.

I'm not discounting Grads play, I love the way he operated this offense AGAIN. Clayton wasn't even the 1st option on that play. Just because a Buc fan says Grads played average, for a rookie in his 2nd game it wasn't average, doesn't mean they're a Simms whore.....

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 15, 2006, 10:46:18 PM

D stepped up, there's been some love here.  Nice pressure generated in passing sitchs, not a lotta sacks or hits, but definitly threw palmer off his game.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 15, 2006, 10:50:36 PM

When they get pressure on the opposing QB and they stop missing very makable tackles then they will get love from me.

They played a much improved football game today but I refuse to lower my expectations of this group. It isn't fair to them, and this game was still not up to par.

good post.  i thought the run defense was strong, but with the exception of 2-3 plays (Wyms, Wyms and Hovan who somehow didn't bring him down) we never laid a finger on Palmer, who is a statue back there.  i thought the tackling started to get a little sloppy in the 2nd half but compared to last week it looked good. i'm really glad they finally showed up today, but its going to take more then just one good performance to wipe away the 300+yards rushing versus ATL, blowing two 4th quarter leads against Carolina and allowing McCallister to put up 117 yards in the 1st half against NO. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 15, 2006, 10:58:31 PM

Good throw.

But your hate for Simms is burning bright again.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 15, 2006, 11:28:45 PM

Good throw. But your hate for Simms is burning bright again.

I don't hate Simms. As I've said many times, I think he's a great kid and anyone who spends 10 or 15 minutes to just talk with him one-on-one would likely agree with me. However, as a QB his play in games 1-3 this season was, with little exception, awful.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 15, 2006, 11:51:14 PM

I don't hate Simms. As I've said many times, I think he's a great kid and anyone who spends 10 or 15 minutes to just talk with him one-on-one would likely agree with me. However, as a QB his play in games 1-3 this season was, with little exception, awful.

And so was the rest of the Bucs team.

Diff is, I understand this.

You think it is all Simms fault.

And yes, you do.  Don't lie.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No love for the defense on here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools